Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1346 1347 [1348] 1349 1350 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2425580 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #20205 on: October 16, 2016, 04:00:21 pm »

It's one reason I want something like Forsaken's town server. While generally I'll bugger off and do my own thing, it was nice to have everyone working together.
While I generally do my own thing, but within walking distance of the main area.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #20206 on: October 16, 2016, 07:21:19 pm »

I think a big part of why it's cool is walking around looking at stuff other people built - which means it can't be stuck in the middle of a mountain 200 chunks away. Like, I built a creeper statue one time and just enjoyed the thought that everybody saw it from a ways off for the first time and had to wonder WTF is spawning in town now?

Actually foraging and building alongside people is fun too.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20207 on: October 17, 2016, 02:49:29 pm »

I remember setting up a TFC server shortly after an update at one point. Played with some fellow dwarves well into the night. I don't remember much of it but I have a fond recollection of dying repeatedly in the first nights while we foraged for supplies. Basically, it started out about like Forsaken's server that greatorder mentioned.

I think that level of civilization (and slightly after) is one of my favorites. If you don't have access to quarries and such, sticking together and sharing resources makes sense. You're more worried about harvesting food for everyone or finding a second cow than you are about perfecting your ore quintupling machinery.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20208 on: October 17, 2016, 02:51:24 pm »

Once you tire of civilization, go into the wilds.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20210 on: October 21, 2016, 06:24:51 pm »

So, any neat new modpacks out?

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #20211 on: November 05, 2016, 05:38:36 pm »

So, any neat new modpacks out?
I know I'm a bit over 2 weeks late, but one Youtuber I watch is playing with the hermitcraft pack. Not sure if you can get it yet or where, though.

We were talking about it around a month ago...  my two posts on the matter:

FTB has just released a not-test v1.10.2 pack:  Hermitpack.

There are some familiar things in there, like Tinker's Construct, Chisel, Forestry, Botania, minor utility mods like Iron Chests and Extra Utilities; updated/sorta-renamed versions of NEI, the Reactors mod.  Conspicuously absent are cornerstones like Minefactory, Thermal Expansion.

It's familiar enough to not be like starting over knowledge-wise, but different enough to get out of autopilot mode.

I'm gonna kick the tires on it, see what happens... will report back.
Hermitpack did alright, performance-wise; the framerate wobbled a little for the first 20 seconds after entering a SP world, but did fine after that... nothing out of the ordinary for a modern modpack.

Design direction was considerably less alright, however.

No WAILA, so I couldn't find out a thing's name without harvesting it... and I found a couple things I couldn't harvest.  The NEI-analogue will only let you search for items names, not mod names, so identifying stuff that's not already familiar is difficult-to-impossible. (without external searches)

There's something in there that auto-jumps you for single block height increases... it's a little fiddly, but not an unwelcome utility.

My first night, I got pwnt by a skeleton, who moved awfully quickly.  I was genuinely afraid.  The vanilla combat changes are a bit different, also; ya don't just spam-spam-spam until they die anymore.

-----

Overall, I'm not impressed by this pack, but I'm glad that there's something more than a test pack, finally...  it means more packs will show up soon.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20212 on: November 11, 2016, 01:23:27 pm »

Does anyone here remember when we got notch to play on our server when mine craft had just been released by notch? :)

Pepper Bridge farm remembers.
But no, I don't.
Was that back when Werther's Original was just called Werther's?
probably

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #20213 on: November 17, 2016, 11:30:22 am »

Ugh. Wanted to try out the new 1.10 modpacks last night but kept getting errors for some reason. Not sure if it is a conflict within FTB or what.

Disappointing. I wanted to just jump in and play, but looks like I will have to spend time rooting out this issue before I can do that.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20214 on: November 18, 2016, 11:15:48 am »

Yeah, FTB. Had everything set up to run the 1.7 modpacks fine, I just need to spend the time to figure out what's going on with 1.10. Some issue with a jar or something.

Code: [Select]
SEVERE: Unhandled error launching minecraft
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.client.Minecraft

Probably not too hard to fix once I look at it closer, just haven't had the time yet to pay attention to it.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20215 on: November 18, 2016, 11:32:47 am »

Have you run vanilla 1.10 at least once?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20216 on: November 18, 2016, 11:56:53 am »

Yeah, started up a world and played for about half an hour or so just to see the differences.
Come play Mafia with us!

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20217 on: December 11, 2016, 02:42:58 pm »

FTB Infinity Lite up and corrupted itself on me, so I did an album of the things. RIP world.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20218 on: December 25, 2016, 05:40:58 pm »

If anyone is hosting a 1.11 server, with or without mods, I'll build a Llama ranch.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #20219 on: December 25, 2016, 06:44:14 pm »

modded servers.. What is good for mods now anyway? I'm still trapped in 1.7
Pages: 1 ... 1346 1347 [1348] 1349 1350 ... 1380