Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1256 1257 [1258] 1259 1260 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2422885 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #18855 on: September 23, 2014, 03:10:06 pm »

I need this for 1.6.4.

Do you happen to know exactly where the sounds are stored? I'm really having trouble figuring this out. I think MultiMC is actually making this more complicated. Somehow it seems to have all the resources for all the different versions of minecraft all mishmashed together.

I know texture packs can include custom sounds, but I have no idea how that works. I think this would be my best bet, so I could just alter sounds in one instance, but... How exactly is a custom sound pack made? What names do the files need? Where do I put the files? How do I get the game to read the texture pack? I'm really, truly totally lost here. : / The fact that I can't find a tutorial on this anywhere makes me think that there's something everyone in the world knows except for me...

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18856 on: September 23, 2014, 04:16:02 pm »

1.6.4 has the sound pack update.

Adding packs to MultiMC should be easy enough, there's an option for it in the instance options. The real issue would probably be figuring out how to assemble the pack in the first place. Have you tried checking the Minecraft Wiki for information on that?
Nothing important here, move along.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18857 on: September 25, 2014, 11:00:51 am »

Just kinda nosing around in a half-hearted attempt here, but is anybody contemplating running an Agrarian Skies thing? Seems like it'd be right up Bay12's alley.

Edit: Or Crash Landing. That one seems interesting as well.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 11:14:06 am by Vorthon »

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18858 on: September 25, 2014, 06:04:14 pm »

I think Forsaken had an Agrarian Skies server up a while ago.  Not sure if it's still up, you'd have to talk to him about it.  I think I've read about somebody playing Crash Landing, but nothing server-wise on here.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18859 on: September 25, 2014, 06:32:22 pm »

Forsaken hasn't posted in two months.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18860 on: September 25, 2014, 06:48:19 pm »

Well, I guess it'd be sort of hard to contact him then.  Point remains that he had an AS server there for a while.  Still uncertain about Crash Landing.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18861 on: September 25, 2014, 07:18:45 pm »

PTW cuz minecraft.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #18862 on: September 26, 2014, 01:07:53 am »

I might be able to tlak my buddy to restart their minecraft modded server, jsut question is pack. I'ma look into the two listed, skies and crash, and see how they compare to resonant rise which is currently on it

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #18863 on: September 26, 2014, 05:47:19 am »

I'd like to suggest TerraFirmaCraft for a multiplayer thing.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #18864 on: September 26, 2014, 05:50:59 am »

Oh dear god, yes. I love TFC. But I think it would need to have a gimmick, so it doesn't end with lolhermit again.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18865 on: September 26, 2014, 09:22:30 am »

I want to try that town thing that we did on Forsaken's town server again. That was fun.

The food mods have been greatly improved, so mayhap we won't all die to starvation after gorging ourselves on nutmeg.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #18866 on: September 26, 2014, 09:42:57 am »

I want to try that town thing that we did on Forsaken's town server again. That was fun.

The food mods have been greatly improved, so mayhap we won't all die to starvation after gorging ourselves on nutmeg.

Wat.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18867 on: September 26, 2014, 10:27:12 am »

Wat.
It happened. Forsaken altered the food stuff so we'd starve faster at first, then as he released pack updates (as the town progressed, we 'unlocked' mods), the rate of starvation reduced. We also had iguanatweaks for harvestcraft

At first there was virtually no way to avoid starving. I found a scrubland biome with apple trees and nutmeg trees. We had to subsist on nutmeg and apples for a while.
What made starvation such a problem was the mod that made you respawn with the hunger level you had when you died. It bottomed out at 6, thankfully, but it was still pretty bad.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18868 on: September 26, 2014, 10:39:33 am »

Hunger also gave debuffs at about the point that you can't run anymore. I distinctly recall blocking myself under a tree at night so I wouldn't die horribly, only to be so hungry in the morning that I couldn't break dirt blocks to get out.

(completely serious time) It was great fun.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18869 on: September 26, 2014, 11:12:11 am »

Oh dear god, yes. I love TFC. But I think it would need to have a gimmick, so it doesn't end with lolhermit again.
There is a ThirdParty FTB Modpack for TFC... One sec, let me go get it...
Ah here we go, also includes some extra mods to enhance some things such as leather water sacs and so forth...

Thread Link::
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/1-6-4-technofirma-terrafirmacraft-modpack.49502/

PackCode::
technofirma

Click the Third Party Tab and then the add pack button.
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 ... 1256 1257 [1258] 1259 1260 ... 1380