Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1064 1065 [1066] 1067 1068 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2418703 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #15975 on: March 04, 2012, 09:57:16 pm »

Then alas you may be unable to use said world to find such things as copper. If your really attached to a certain area in your world but want the copper and such then you may be able to use something like MCedit or whatever the current hot map editor is to copy paste the area you want to save to a new world. The Creatures did it with their Treehouse series recently when they imported their old Treehouse into the new Treehouses world.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15976 on: March 04, 2012, 10:20:14 pm »

Lawl, people always joking about BTW hating other mods. Where'd that come from, anyway?

FlowerChild actively hating the rest of the modding community and BTW actually hating other mods explicitly.

I know I take the same stance, but something about the way he conducts his hate skeeves me off. Probably because I hate the community for good reason, where he hates everybody and everything.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15977 on: March 04, 2012, 10:27:36 pm »

I still have hope! So far I've only been digging down by bedrock but tomorrow when I have more time I will dig closer to the surface.

Also the problem is that this is my most advanced world and unfortunately the IndustrialCraft (I don't know if you have used it before) uses a lot of advanced materials. Such as redstone and glowstone. In this world I have plenty of redstone and some glowstone and still have mines that I can go into easily.
Lurking since 2009

Leerooooooooy walk forward twice

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15978 on: March 04, 2012, 10:46:29 pm »

I still have hope! So far I've only been digging down by bedrock but tomorrow when I have more time I will dig closer to the surface.

Also the problem is that this is my most advanced world and unfortunately the IndustrialCraft (I don't know if you have used it before) uses a lot of advanced materials. Such as redstone and glowstone. In this world I have plenty of redstone and some glowstone and still have mines that I can go into easily.
Your other option would be to add Equivalent Exchange as well and cheat yourself some copper and tin ingots just to teach them to your transmutation tablet (you can trash them afterwards) then you can convert iron or other material into copper/tin etc.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15979 on: March 04, 2012, 10:55:11 pm »

I kinda wanted to voice a suggestion for the Industrialcraft mod, but their forums are n intellectual cesspool where all suggestions are shot down on the spot by saying some other crummy mod does it in a crummy way. I don't care if another mod has it, you could probably do it better and would fit well with what you have. I'm glad Eloraam's mod is treading on the feet of others to break this unwritten modding rule.

The basic idea is multi-block machines composed of tin, iron and copper blocks that Industrialcraft has. These would be the tier of machines above the first generation ones you can make. Players assembling such things would be weird, so a buildcraft-style assembler would be used solely to assemble these machines. The costs of these machines would be in large quantities of easy to find materials as opposed to the quickly shrinking list of valuable materials like diamonds. They would replace some advanced machines already in place, like the Induction Furnace, and provide a few more utilities for the other machines.

Only one block would provide a GUI, the rest are only checked to see if the machine can run and otherwise act like normal blocks. Addons would be physically placed on pre-defined slots for them on the exterior of the device.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #15980 on: March 04, 2012, 11:19:41 pm »

And yet your suggestion will do little here so while it may have gotten shot down there by posting here they don't even know it exists. Anyway While the idea is neat I have to break it to you but thats basically what the whole thing is based around only not so restricting. What good would a batbox be without something to transfer power to? What about the Electrolyzer? How about the Recycler who's only job is to literally turn usable materials into scrap? IndustrialCraft and most others like it are about building one giant machine using a number of parts. You want a check to see if something missing to determine if the thing works? What about forgetting a transformer, thats a drastic kind of check right there! Break on wire, remove one machine and the whole collapses on you. Its like a multi-tile set piece machine but writ large and in a kinethesticly pleasingly Rube Goldberg type of way which you can personalize to your own desires.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15981 on: March 04, 2012, 11:30:49 pm »

It's like programming.
Lurking since 2009

Leerooooooooy walk forward twice

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15982 on: March 05, 2012, 12:37:15 am »

And yet your suggestion will do little here so while it may have gotten shot down there by posting here they don't even know it exists.
Eh. I'm more talking out of my bottom here and don't really feel like going through the effort to make a formal suggestion. And if I do somehow find the urge to do so a preemptive check for interest is helpful.

Anyway While the idea is neat I have to break it to you but thats basically what the whole thing is based around only not so restricting. What good would a batbox be without something to transfer power to? What about the Electrolyzer? How about the Recycler who's only job is to literally turn usable materials into scrap? IndustrialCraft and most others like it are about building one giant machine using a number of parts. You want a check to see if something missing to determine if the thing works? What about forgetting a transformer, thats a drastic kind of check right there! Break on wire, remove one machine and the whole collapses on you. Its like a multi-tile set piece machine but writ large and in a kinethesticly pleasingly Rube Goldberg type of way which you can personalize to your own desires.
I'm getting the feeling that I didn't properly transmit my idea. Currently all the machines work as single-tile devices that are basically modded furnaces. The largest deviation and proof that the mod is intended for this sort of thing is the Nuclear Reactor. It shows a multi-tile machine works and added complexity for such a machine is hugely welcome by the creator and the fans. This suggestion is simply to have Tier 2 machines work like the nuclear reactor in regards to its multi-tile nature and add-on support. They would require the power input of a T2 machine(64 EU/t, two can be powered from one gold cable) and provide some perk over using T1 machines.

I guess a T2 electrolyzer would have a water gauge and fill multiple cells at the same time? Perhaps improve the energy efficiency of electro water cells. Recycler would probably have a 2x2 holding area for input material, so you can stuff whatever in there via pipes and the machine will accept a near-broken tool and some dirt at the same time.
 I honestly don't care much for what effects the machines have, just for the visual look of having rooms filled with large machines doing work and materials being fed and fed from these machines. I also prefer the idea of using a bunch of iron, tin and copper to make these things instead of the second tier and up using dark matter and energy-to-matter converters to produce magic dust to make anything.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #15983 on: March 05, 2012, 10:24:45 am »

There's an Advanced Machines Add-on for that. :P
Except it is horribly bugged. I wish they would include it in IC2 for reals...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #15984 on: March 05, 2012, 10:43:08 am »

Duke,
   IndustrialCraft does not use Dark Matter for anything that would be Equivalent Exchange. Unless your talking specifically about something in IC but not using its actual name. Also while IC does use diamonds for some of the better stuff the machines themselves barring the stuff that specifically stores or moves energy does not use diamonds at all and in fact uses a ton of iron and such to make. Also there are not that many actual advanced machines that do things with materials. A good idea of this comes from the advanced machine itself which in base IC only is used to create the MFS unit, Teleporter, Terraformer, Mass Fabricator, and the Induction Furnace. Thats only 2 things that deal with materials and you said you did not like energy to matter so only 1. This is the highest tier stuff besides things like armor that you can get in IC. As for diamonds, I just counted and there are only 5 actual machines that use them, the MFE, MFS, HV Transformer, Mass Fabricator, and the Teleporter.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #15985 on: March 05, 2012, 11:37:41 am »

There's lapis lazuli.
There's also UU-matter.
And Advanced Alloy.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15986 on: March 05, 2012, 11:53:24 am »

There's an add-on to add a bunch of extra microwave-sized boxes that output a lot more junk than the vanilla equipment. They have little to do with the multi-tile machine concept that is the core here.

By Dark Matter I mean UU, direct magic energy to matter stuff that seem quite a leap and bound above what the other machines available to you.

The fact that there are not that many T2 machines only means there is a space to place such things. And what T2 machines that do exist are the same size as the T1 stuff meant as simple first machines you make to utilize electricity.

Stuff like diamonds includes things that are within the same difficulty to attain as it, like Lapis and redstone.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15987 on: March 05, 2012, 11:57:51 am »

I'd prefer having bigger machines too, like the Railcraft Coke Oven, it's a 3x3 block structure
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15988 on: March 05, 2012, 12:00:51 pm »

There's an add-on to add a bunch of extra microwave-sized boxes that output a lot more junk than the vanilla equipment. They have little to do with the multi-tile machine concept that is the core here.

By Dark Matter I mean UU, direct magic energy to matter stuff that seem quite a leap and bound above what the other machines available to you.

The fact that there are not that many T2 machines only means there is a space to place such things. And what T2 machines that do exist are the same size as the T1 stuff meant as simple first machines you make to utilize electricity.

Stuff like diamonds includes things that are within the same difficulty to attain as it, like Lapis and redstone.
I'd prefer that the T2 machines as they exist now be removed and we instead make the T1 machines into modular components.

Place a storage module on the ground, a crusher module in the middle and a storage module on top and it functions as a macerator which pulls from the top storage and drops dust into the bottom. Something like that would be interesting. Advanced versions could have overdrive modules on the crusher, additional storage modules on top and bottom would give more input/output slots for the machine, or allow some more upgrades for the new upgrade slot mechanic.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15989 on: March 05, 2012, 12:07:06 pm »

I'd prefer that the T2 machines as they exist now be removed and we instead make the T1 machines into modular components.

Place a storage module on the ground, a crusher module in the middle and a storage module on top and it functions as a macerator which pulls from the top storage and drops dust into the bottom. Something like that would be interesting. Advanced versions could have overdrive modules on the crusher, additional storage modules on top and bottom would give more input/output slots for the machine, or allow some more upgrades for the new upgrade slot mechanic.

I did consider the concept of multi-block modular machines, but their practicality provides some problems. I want to specifically avoid complex animations and moving piston-like parts because Alblaka doesn't strike me as one of the crazy block animation guys. Thaumcraft and Buildcraft seem more focused on sexy-looking machines.
 And constantly moving parts and piston-style material moving seems like unnecessary server strain. Unless all these actions are hidden from the player and happen internally, in which case I would rather have interesting-looking prefab machines than modular simple things optimized for their purpose.
Pages: 1 ... 1064 1065 [1066] 1067 1068 ... 1380