Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1053 1054 [1055] 1056 1057 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2419234 times)

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #15810 on: February 27, 2012, 07:10:31 pm »

-Snop-

So, wait, why are you using pistons at all?

Why not just have 5 deployers facing in together; bottom four with iron blocks, top one with pumpkins? It's easy enough to design a layout where each deployer has at least 3 faces free for wiring etc. while still leaving the bottom and one whole side of the actual golem creation area open.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 07:31:00 pm by Osmosis Jones »
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15811 on: February 27, 2012, 07:14:43 pm »

Go to the RedPower tab, hover over the microblocks tab and right click, that'll stop them showing up.
*Hugs*

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15812 on: February 27, 2012, 07:28:53 pm »

I'm playing with some ideas for an Iron Golem dropship in Technic.

Naturally, it won't be able to actually drop IGs until 1.2, but whatever.

Practice with snow golems.

Well, I know HOW you make IGs. They just won't turn into IGs until 1.2.

It's a + shape, with the upper arm being a pumpkin and the rest iron blocks.

Over the course of my experiments, I've found that a piston will only push up to 3 pumpkins on any surface. Also, I have determined that the easiest way to make a dropship will be to have the T-shape of iron blocks pushed into place by pistons and have deployers place the pumpkins when I want to deploy the IGs.

The idea will be to make a base that holds stocks of iron blocks and pumpkins, supplying materials to the 5 deployers via BC pipes that will be pushed into place via piston for loading the deployers back up and pulled out of place prior to launching the dropship. All the mechanisms for assembling the IGs will be in the dropship, assuming that the Zeppelin mod plays well with RedPower wires/logic gates/machine blocks and pistons.
O, when you said drop ship I was thinking you would have them stored up in the ship. And suggested snowgolems because they have the closest AI (probably). I didn't know pistons and redstone could work on airships.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #15813 on: February 27, 2012, 10:21:20 pm »

A IG dropship sounds extremely unpractical. You should do it anyway.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #15814 on: February 28, 2012, 12:28:45 am »

I guess it would depend on the context. If the IG's aggro on say the bosses that are on top of Battle Towers then a dropship would be highly practical as well as highly awesome. Actually any situation where you have some kind of mob that is on the surface that you don't want to get into melee range would benefit from such a craft.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15815 on: February 28, 2012, 12:33:47 am »

Major flaw in your plans: last I checked, the Zeppelin mod does not allow working redstone. Maybe it got updated and I missed it (I downloaded it probably two months ago), but things like pistons and dispensers are just static blocks rather than contraptions once part of an airship.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #15816 on: February 28, 2012, 01:52:12 am »

But we are not talking about redstone nor dispenser. Instead we are talking about the Redpower wires and deployers. That is the question, does Redpower mix well with the Zeppelin mod.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15817 on: February 28, 2012, 01:58:54 am »

I see. Better test it before you start making designs. You may also have to do some fiddling with the zeppelin mod, because it will only accept certain block IDs by default to make a ship (wood, wool, etc). I'm pretty sure that entirely new blocks would not work at first.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15818 on: February 28, 2012, 02:23:12 am »

Major flaw in your plans: last I checked, the Zeppelin mod does not allow working redstone. Maybe it got updated and I missed it (I downloaded it probably two months ago), but things like pistons and dispensers are just static blocks rather than contraptions once part of an airship.

Quote from: Latest Versions Changelog

Redstone signals should propagate better on ships.
    Rejoining world should no longer drop you through the floor.

1.1 Support!
    Fixed grabby ships (accurate player detection)

Dispensers fire! But dispensers can't be broken in flight, and you can't use their inventory in flight.
    Improved world faking.
    Fixed keypresses incrementing by 2 when first pressing.
    You can now hold down multiple keys.
    You should no longer get a broken stack in your inventory when placing the last item in a stack.
    You should no longer be able to place a block where there is already a smaller block.
    Dispensers should no longer fire two items at once. This should also fix some other bugs with pistons.

I've bolded some of the relevant bits. This, plus reading what they say about adding allowed blocks in the config section suggests it should be possible.  All else fails though, just "hover" before dropping your troops.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #15819 on: February 28, 2012, 03:02:28 am »

For those of you who have trouble with the fact that Technic has to much to learn (I know I did) I can only suggest what I did to go from 0 to understanding what was going on. A guy on YouTube called direwolf20 has a let's play for 1.1 which while he is not using Technic he is using the mods that need the most to learn (Buildcraft, Equivalent Exchange, Industrial craft, etc) and he does a really good job of explaining what he is doing while doing it so it might be worth checking out. Of note though, he does not have the mods ComputerCraft nor Thaumcraft so you would have to look elsewhere to learn those. Most of the other mods are more passive or easy to learn such as while Mo' Creatures does have some cool stuff you can do with breeding horses and dolphins you don't need to know that to experience the bread and butter of the mod itself (I actually use it just for the ogres). Anyway the playlist for the lets play is here.
I knew i had heard your "hello everyone" somewhere else!
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15820 on: February 28, 2012, 05:52:29 am »

Is there a way to disable the Industrial Craft sounds? Man I hate that Macerator.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #15821 on: February 28, 2012, 06:00:08 am »

So those mods allow golems to be made without a player placing the pumpkin?

Yup. Deployers place blocks when given a redstone signal.

I guess it would depend on the context. If the IG's aggro on say the bosses that are on top of Battle Towers then a dropship would be highly practical as well as highly awesome. Actually any situation where you have some kind of mob that is on the surface that you don't want to get into melee range would benefit from such a craft.

As far as I know, both IGs and SGs automatically aggro all hostile mobs, except creepers.

But we are not talking about redstone nor dispenser. Instead we are talking about the Redpower wires and deployers. That is the question, does Redpower mix well with the Zeppelin mod.

RedPower does play well with the Zeppelin mod, as far as my testing has proven. The only caveat is that you MUST manually align to grid or shit gets all kinds of fucked up.

I see. Better test it before you start making designs. You may also have to do some fiddling with the zeppelin mod, because it will only accept certain block IDs by default to make a ship (wood, wool, etc). I'm pretty sure that entirely new blocks would not work at first.

Actually, you have it backwards. Zeppelin mod accepts all blocks except blocks listed in the config file. A list of exceptions is much shorter than a list of inclusions.

Still doing testing and such. I'll get back to y'all when I have a working rough. In other news, anyone want to play on a Tekkit server? Go here: http://terranovos.com

It's an excellent Tekkit server - KakerMix pinned it to the top of the Tekkit server list on technicpack.net. If you want to team up, I've got a small island about 660 blocks away from spawn with a massive cave system below. I'd be more than willing to share my home with my fellow dorfs.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15822 on: February 28, 2012, 07:53:54 am »

Getting this error when I add the portal gun mod to the Technic Pack:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Any ideas? Tried googling the Exception it's throwing but coming up trumps.

Edit: Ignore the above, for some reason the file had corrupted. Working fine now without any ID blocks needing changed.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 08:08:04 am by Briggsy16 »

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15823 on: February 28, 2012, 04:22:00 pm »

Awesome terrain:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #15824 on: February 28, 2012, 05:56:16 pm »

You think thats awsome boi? You should've seen the "archeseed" seed from before the Land Generation update. It twas the most awsome thing ever.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.
Pages: 1 ... 1053 1054 [1055] 1056 1057 ... 1380