Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1024 1025 [1026] 1027 1028 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2420679 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #15375 on: February 01, 2012, 10:48:26 pm »

Is this NEI something of a Survival Creative mod? I really hate when people add the ability to pull mats out of ones arse in Survival Mode...
NEI is the same as TMI except it has some extra functions like showing how to make an item or what an item is used in. It can be used to spawn materials, which I use it for testing new mods. You can also set it to recipe mode only so it won't spawn items and will just show you recipes and such.
Well that second option is making me feel better about trying it out, how does one set that up???
Install it as normal but go into the options and click Recipe mode. You will be able to page through every item in the game to check recipes and uses without being able to spawn anything.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15376 on: February 02, 2012, 07:11:18 am »

Just tested what you said Forsaken, works fine for me.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15377 on: February 02, 2012, 07:56:22 am »

Just tested what you said Forsaken, works fine for me.
Thanks for trying. Glad it is working

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #15378 on: February 02, 2012, 09:25:59 am »

the problem usually happened with stacks of copper ores. still have to play with it to look if it's solved.

that said...*here goes*
are there visual enhancement you're planning to bring in?
nothing on the "photorealistic" stuff, but i was kind of wanting to know about hd-patcher/optifine reactions.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Keltiknight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15379 on: February 06, 2012, 08:19:51 pm »

Hello, need a suggestion from y'all, I have a perfectly square mountain I found on my friend's server, perfectly square in every way, I intend to make a statue or the like, my friend demands it is not a dwarf, and I need ideas, anyone mind throwing some ideas at me? Preferably dorfy ones, involving magma/lava if possible, maybe water, thanks.
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.-Corvidae

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15380 on: February 06, 2012, 09:10:10 pm »

A double helix structure with a tube going in the middle?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15381 on: February 06, 2012, 09:26:27 pm »

A Rubix cube that can actually change the colour of a side?
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15382 on: February 06, 2012, 09:38:43 pm »

Well this is the dwarf fortress forums so I would be remiss if I didn't suggest a giant golden phallus which shoots out magma.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15383 on: February 06, 2012, 09:42:23 pm »

Why not make a giant E to toy with him? Tell him it's an elephant.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15384 on: February 07, 2012, 06:20:03 am »

I've always wanted to make a dwarf face that cries water and vomits lava, but never found the proper canvas to motivation to do it. So I ask you make one and post a pic of it.

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #15385 on: February 07, 2012, 08:42:03 am »

Is there any way to submit ideas to jeb (or other involved with minecraft people) other than facebook or twitter? I would like to suggest using octtree for map (IMHO it would increase map height almost to size of width without any significant overhead)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15386 on: February 07, 2012, 10:53:52 am »

Is there any way to submit ideas to jeb (or other involved with minecraft people) other than facebook or twitter? I would like to suggest using octtree for map (IMHO it would increase map height almost to size of width without any significant overhead)
Way ahead of you
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #15387 on: February 07, 2012, 11:43:40 am »

When was that? There's been discussion of that for years now and it's gone nowhere.

EDIT: If we DO get that, I really really really want a 3D floating island map where you can just keep going up or down endlessly. Of course, now that I think about that you'd have to figure out shadows, but after a few km it shouldn't really matter what's above you.

Hmmm and also they'd have to have climates work in 3D shapes. Maybe different types of islands would have different sizes and shapes? Plains are large flat islands, mountains are huge, jagged floating rocks, jungles are lots of small islands connected by trees...
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 11:48:03 am by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15388 on: February 07, 2012, 11:46:10 am »

When was that? There's been discussion of that for years now and it's gone nowhere.

Default world height is likely to be increased in the future, http://i.imgur.com/nyxrj.png
7 hours ago via TweetDeck

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #15389 on: February 08, 2012, 04:20:48 am »

Default world height is likely to be increased in the future, http://i.imgur.com/nyxrj.png
7 hours ago via TweetDeck
As far as i understood that means only simple increase by twofold (i.e. was 128 now will be 256) i'm talking about rewriting map system for it to support LARGE numbers of z levels. Octree would be perfect because root node would be air and all the map above some level would be empty but take up one tile's memory (until you place something and octree subdivides)
Pages: 1 ... 1024 1025 [1026] 1027 1028 ... 1380