Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1023 1024 [1025] 1026 1027 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2420677 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #15360 on: February 01, 2012, 01:09:08 pm »

Eh, I don't really mind if you wanted to make your own. I was just curious if you had mods you wanted which I didn't have.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15361 on: February 01, 2012, 01:17:56 pm »

Does anyone have any idea why my game wouldn't load Equivalent Exchange? The recipes just aren't there and the items aren't in NEI, weird..

May as well just use Forsakens pack.. You got what you wanted Forsaken! Daaaaaaaamn youuuuuu!

I had the same problem. There are ID conflicts with one of the other mods. There was a manual way to fix it on youtube but I forgot where.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #15362 on: February 01, 2012, 01:21:20 pm »

oh for the copper/tin and stuff it wasn't a problem, here's the workaround:
you throw the stuff into the macerator.
it makes only one type of copper dust.
you pack it up and throw it into the electric furnace.
there you go. one type only of copper ore bars.

that said, is there still the error that if you go R or U on a stack of objects in inventory, it reduces it to only one number?
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15363 on: February 01, 2012, 01:23:21 pm »

that said, is there still the error that if you go R or U on a stack of objects in inventory, it reduces it to only one number?
Hm, I'll take a look at that tonight. I wasn't aware of that bug.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15364 on: February 01, 2012, 02:15:47 pm »

-modpack 1.3-
Sweet, I was waiting for this, thanks.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15365 on: February 01, 2012, 02:22:48 pm »

-modpack 1.3-
Sweet, I was waiting for this, thanks.
Let me know how it works. I had been waiting on a few mods to update before tackling it. It took about 3.5 hours to work out everything last night but everything seems to work for me. I'm going to look into the issue Shadenight mentioned tonight and possibly add in Portal mod as well. If NEI is causing that and I can't work out a fix I'll switch back to TMI and add a recipe book or something.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15366 on: February 01, 2012, 03:28:38 pm »

Is this NEI something of a Survival Creative mod? I really hate when people add the ability to pull mats out of ones arse in Survival Mode...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15367 on: February 01, 2012, 03:30:51 pm »

Some people just never figure out how to activate creative mode.

<_<

>_>

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15368 on: February 01, 2012, 03:58:36 pm »

Is this NEI something of a Survival Creative mod? I really hate when people add the ability to pull mats out of ones arse in Survival Mode...
NEI is the same as TMI except it has some extra functions like showing how to make an item or what an item is used in. It can be used to spawn materials, which I use it for testing new mods. You can also set it to recipe mode only so it won't spawn items and will just show you recipes and such.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15369 on: February 01, 2012, 04:17:43 pm »

works great for me by the way Forsaken :) I didn't mean my post to sound snotty or anything. I was just having a joke around.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15370 on: February 01, 2012, 04:30:17 pm »

works great for me by the way Forsaken :) I didn't mean my post to sound snotty or anything. I was just having a joke around.
No worries, I didn't take offense.

Do you have the same issue Shadenight reported?

He is referring to NEI functionality. If you hit the R key while pointing your mouse at an item it should show the recipe for that item. If you hit U while pointing at an item, it will show you every recipe that uses the item. Can you try doing this while pointing at something like a stack of wood and see if it reduces the stack quantity to 1 item?

Edit: Just tested this when I got home and it doesn't seem to be happening for me. Now testing a few other additions.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 08:14:19 pm by forsaken1111 »

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15371 on: February 01, 2012, 08:32:49 pm »

I could look into adding it but I think last time I looked many of the mods I like aren't compatible with optifine.

Hmm, what parts of your modpack aren't compatible with Optifine? Your pack looks pretty much the same as the current Technic - and really excludes a lot of what is in Technic as well, with some others that are going in the next release of Technic - but Technic includes Optifine. Did they just put whatever extra work was needed or do the updates to EE/Thaum/whatever break compatibility with Optifine?

I don't mean to sound ungrateful or accusatory, I am just wondering what the compatibility issues were. In practice it hardly matters since there isn't any single texture pack that handles all the popular mods in one convenient package. Faithful comes close but last I checked (a few weeks ago) it still lacked support for Buildcraft and EE blocks, makes things a little jarring when using BC materials as decorative accents. That said, the additional options for memory/draw distance is nice even if you choose not to use a texture pack.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15372 on: February 01, 2012, 08:48:40 pm »

Tested it out for a couple of hours (in a new world) and encountered absolutely no glitches at all.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15373 on: February 01, 2012, 10:16:47 pm »

I could look into adding it but I think last time I looked many of the mods I like aren't compatible with optifine.

Hmm, what parts of your modpack aren't compatible with Optifine? Your pack looks pretty much the same as the current Technic - and really excludes a lot of what is in Technic as well, with some others that are going in the next release of Technic - but Technic includes Optifine. Did they just put whatever extra work was needed or do the updates to EE/Thaum/whatever break compatibility with Optifine?

I don't mean to sound ungrateful or accusatory, I am just wondering what the compatibility issues were. In practice it hardly matters since there isn't any single texture pack that handles all the popular mods in one convenient package. Faithful comes close but last I checked (a few weeks ago) it still lacked support for Buildcraft and EE blocks, makes things a little jarring when using BC materials as decorative accents. That said, the additional options for memory/draw distance is nice even if you choose not to use a texture pack.
I think I was having trouble getting it to work with the portal mod actually. I'll look into adding it for next release.

Tested it out for a couple of hours (in a new world) and encountered absolutely no glitches at all.
Good to hear!

Next release I will probably include a mod called ControlPack which, among other things, will change your tool depending on what you are mining and gives you a quick button (V by default) to place torches.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15374 on: February 01, 2012, 10:43:19 pm »

NEI is the same as TMI except it has some extra functions like showing how to make an item or what an item is used in. It can be used to spawn materials, which I use it for testing new mods. You can also set it to recipe mode only so it won't spawn items and will just show you recipes and such.
Well that second option is making me feel better about trying it out, how does one set that up???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 ... 1023 1024 [1025] 1026 1027 ... 1380