Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1025 1026 [1027] 1028 1029 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2420596 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #15390 on: February 08, 2012, 08:27:51 am »

Worked a bit on my new version last night. I got Portal mod working and a few other things. Should be done this week.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15391 on: February 08, 2012, 05:51:21 pm »

Anyone want to teach me how to make a bukkit server? The super easy guide for idiots is too hard  :(

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15392 on: February 08, 2012, 05:56:31 pm »

Anyone want to teach me how to make a bukkit server? The super easy guide for idiots is too hard  :(
Where is the super easy guide? I'll go through it and then teach you.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15393 on: February 08, 2012, 06:20:41 pm »

1. Port Forward. Do not pass go until you've finished this step.
2. Get the most recent Reccomended Build Bukkit.
3. Get the minecraft_server.jar that that is compatible with.
4. Open Notepad++ (or other non-Word text editor), and paste this (if you have Windows 7 64-bit):
Code: [Select]
@ECHO OFF
SET BINDIR=%~dp0
CD /D "%BINDIR%"
"%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xincgc -Xmx1G -jar craftbukkit-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar (change this part if your bukkit file is not named that, or change your bukkit file to match this name. whichever one works Don't copy this parenthesis part.)
PAUSE
Save as .bat file. (craftbukkit_starter.bat is a good obvious name, but whatever floats your boat.)
5. Place .bat file in same directory as minecraft_server.jar and the craftbukkit file.
6. Edit server.properties like a normal minecraft server. (spawn mobs on/off, world name, port, internal ip, etc)
7. Make a plugins folder inside your server folder. Place the bukkit mod files in there. (Permissions.jar, WorldEdit.jar, towny.jar, etc.)
8. Run server, then stop. Observe how bukkit has seperated the three default worlds into three folders. (world, world_nether, world_the_end. Name will vary if you aren't using default name.) Go back to plugins folder and configure any newly created configuration files in the mod folders you need to.
8a. Set up permissions here, if you're using it. Otherwise you'll have a lack of working commands. PEX is a good choice if you are.
9. Run server for real, if it worked in the previous step.
10. Do something! Or get more mods, either/or.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 06:25:08 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15394 on: February 08, 2012, 06:35:41 pm »

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/575451-how-to-install-bukkit-newb-friendly/page__p__7596683__fromsearch__1#entry7596683

I have made a server before, just not with bukkit.

Note, I used what was in the link for the 1.0 version.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15395 on: February 09, 2012, 08:53:10 am »

http://technicpack.net/

Technic Pack 6 released along with new Technic Launcher. Very useful little tool, can switch between mod packs with it such as Yogbox.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15396 on: February 09, 2012, 03:17:30 pm »

http://technicpack.net/

Technic Pack 6 released along with new Technic Launcher. Very useful little tool, can switch between mod packs with it such as Yogbox.

Do you know if it will work with a map from the previous technic version? I don't want to lose all my stuff.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15397 on: February 09, 2012, 03:40:39 pm »

Saves won't be compatible, due to massive changes in Equivalent Exchange.
*Hugs*

TheDecline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15398 on: February 09, 2012, 05:34:45 pm »

grrrr im soo close to getting back into minecraft but the technic pack runs very sluggish & the awesome forsaken pack doesnt seem to like HD texture packs that I just cant really play without.

I think its millionare that's causing the issue on Technic pack as after about 10 mins of sluggish play it comes up with random logs about millionare, but this is a complete guess as I don't have a clue about modding & minecraft.

And so we go on with our lives
we know the turth, but prefer lies
lies are simple....simple is bliss

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15399 on: February 09, 2012, 05:51:25 pm »

& the awesome forsaken pack doesnt seem to like HD texture packs that I just cant really play without.
Not that I don't like them, I just have no experience with adding HD texture packs. I did a preliminary test with optifine and with some tweaking got it to work along with portal mod so both should be in my next release.  :D

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15400 on: February 09, 2012, 07:13:29 pm »

Just turn off village generation in the config file.. People are just lazy with saying they don't have a clue about modding. It's not hard.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15401 on: February 09, 2012, 07:45:08 pm »

If anyone would like to link me a tutorial on including HD texture packs I'd be happy to look into it. As it stands I plan to do final testing tomorrow for my pack and release the next version.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15402 on: February 10, 2012, 04:48:23 pm »

You need to go into the config, C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\.techniclauncher\technicssp\config go to NEI.cfg and change lock_recipe_mode=true to false.
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15403 on: February 10, 2012, 04:52:36 pm »

what file do you need for opening .CFG files?
notepad

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15404 on: February 10, 2012, 04:53:01 pm »

Yeah, any text editor.
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 1025 1026 [1027] 1028 1029 ... 1380