Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 980 981 [982] 983 984 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2423269 times)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #14715 on: November 26, 2011, 11:14:21 pm »

Eloraam also said most of the hooks and such she's added have been "widely useful" for lack of a better term. It was somewhere in the comments on her blog. She seems to be attempting to stay out of the drama though.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #14716 on: November 26, 2011, 11:42:26 pm »

I think everybody would be happy if Forge had "addons" for hooks and such. Don't want this or that? Fine, don't use it.

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #14717 on: November 27, 2011, 12:09:11 am »

Eloraam also said most of the hooks and such she's added have been "widely useful" for lack of a better term. It was somewhere in the comments on her blog. She seems to be attempting to stay out of the drama though.

Plus, the Forge forum page explicitly says you can add more hooks to be incorporated into the base code if you want to.
Quote from: SpaceToad
This is an open-source project. If you need additional hooks and modification, feel free to talk to us and send a patch along. We're welcoming committers as well.
Even if they were only useful to her, other people can still submit changes if they want.  You've only got issues if change requests are being turned down for no reason.

I think everybody would be happy if Forge had "addons" for hooks and such. Don't want this or that? Fine, don't use it.

You are allowed to modify Forge and distribute the modified version with your code, so long as you release the source for your modified version as well.  You'd still get conflicts if everyone did that, of course, but it's not like it's some horrible system where one person and one person alone gets control over where the api goes.  Heck, if someone really wanted they could probably start up a splinter version that they controlled. (No one should though, because that would be incredibly silly)
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #14718 on: November 27, 2011, 12:58:34 am »

Yah, it is and has been open source. Almost all of this drama is very simply FlowerChild complaining for the sake of more attention and drama because he's an irritating twerp. Eloraam has responded on her own blog and had pretty reasonable responses - she will respond to requests and has made a grand total of two additions for things she wanted in RedPower specifically - one of which is being removed in the next version anyway and the other being useful for other mods anyway. The reason why it seems like Eloraam has 'monopolized' the developlment: she's the only one volunteering time to working on it.

The problem with splitting it off and making it modular is of course then it defeats the whole modAPI compatbility purpose. Why have it at all if you're working to add more ways in which will make stuff incompatible again.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 01:03:29 am by Tilla »

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14719 on: November 27, 2011, 01:20:01 am »

So, did anyone see this?

Valve gave notch the rarest ever hat :P
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14720 on: November 27, 2011, 01:25:25 am »

So, did anyone see this?

Y'know, I kinda hope that Notch is the only one to get that hat. I'd love it for myself, but imagine playing a game and suddenly THIS HAT shows up. You will know that you are playing with a minor legend.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #14721 on: November 27, 2011, 01:54:06 am »

So, did anyone see this?

Y'know, I kinda hope that Notch is the only one to get that hat. I'd love it for myself, but imagine playing a game and suddenly THIS HAT shows up. You will know that you are playing with a minor legend.
That's the idea.

That is Notch's Hat. He owns the only one in existence. Can't be traded away, or gifted, or made via crafting. Period.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #14722 on: November 27, 2011, 01:57:16 am »

@Hat: LOL
@Eloraam/Forge: More flexibility is never a bad thing :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #14723 on: November 27, 2011, 02:27:33 am »

You know, FlowerChild has done crap like this before.  Several times.
Seriously, am I the only one that knows this?  Seems like it.
I have been blatantly refusing to use BetterThanWolves for most of its existence; the time before that was spent incompatible with Buildcraft or other mods I wouldn't give up for it.
An arrogantly-named mod by a self-absorbed idiot, if I do say so myself.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #14724 on: November 27, 2011, 02:32:53 am »

You know, FlowerChild has done crap like this before.  Several times.
Seriously, am I the only one that knows this?  Seems like it.
I have been blatantly refusing to use BetterThanWolves for most of its existence; the time before that was spent incompatible with Buildcraft or other mods I wouldn't give up for it.
An arrogantly-named mod by a self-absorbed idiot, if I do say so myself.

No, his bullshit is really well known amongst SA Goons and such. He freaked out when Yogscast fans started asking him to allow his mod in their modpack for instance, and really flipped his shit at Technic :P

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14725 on: November 27, 2011, 03:25:57 am »

Someone really needs to gift Notch a name tag, so he can call it Notch's Tip Top Top Notch
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #14726 on: November 27, 2011, 04:30:03 am »

Someone really needs to gift Notch a name tag, so he can call it Notch's Tip Top Top Notch

IT SHALL BE DONE!

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14727 on: November 27, 2011, 02:40:46 pm »

There's been an unofficial release of the Technic Pack for 1.8.1 if anyone is interested. Everythings been updated.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #14728 on: November 27, 2011, 04:15:41 pm »

Oh-ho. Just on the technic website I assume?

EDIT: Yes!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 04:17:38 pm by Seriyu »

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14729 on: November 27, 2011, 04:34:51 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 980 981 [982] 983 984 ... 1380