Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 979 980 [981] 982 983 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2423162 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #14700 on: November 26, 2011, 06:13:21 am »

Nah, I was thinking something more along the lines of the paint application with  more grid and copyable things. But paper should do.
Trick I use. Use MSPaint. Alt fill with black. White paint with squares. Create a simple grid. Copy, paste, repeat...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #14701 on: November 26, 2011, 11:44:28 am »

I recall seeing a tool somewhere. It certainly does exist (though with limited block selections), though.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14702 on: November 26, 2011, 11:47:31 am »

Speaking of grids, I think MSPaint has a grid feature somewhere in there, but I don't think XP has it.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14703 on: November 26, 2011, 12:42:53 pm »

Why do you want signs inside the walls?  ???
idiotic mob end up falling down between the signs, thinking they are full when they are empty.
moaty way.

a suggestion is to use dirt to "carve out" the basic dimensions. then build around it.

Haha, good idea but no. the server has protective signs. If I have a layer of them inside all with my name and on obsidian, They cannot be destroyed by anyone but an admin. Hell, even I can't destroy them.

And the design is the problem. I need some sort of grid to plan things out.
www.minedraft.net ?

Not sure if it's suitable for what you want, but might be worth a shot.
*Hugs*

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14704 on: November 26, 2011, 02:59:59 pm »

This is also a handy tool to have.

Because I found after many trials that the Paint and Paint.net circle tools are inaccurate.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14705 on: November 26, 2011, 03:12:26 pm »

I don't know where I stand on the current drama around FlowerChild and forge. It's sad to see disagreement and incompatibility but it sounds like a number of the people working on forge have similar or related issues with how forge is being run.
On that note... what ARE the issues people are having? A quick glance at the BTW forums(Ow. Not going back there again...) appears to claim the problem is Eloraam adding features solely for use in Redpower. Which... makes very little sense as a complaint. She works on her mod, finds something the API can't do, adds it into the API. That's kinda the POINT of a community API like the Forge.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14706 on: November 26, 2011, 03:13:27 pm »

Flowerchild is a whiny douche who doesn't like Eloraam, basically.
*Hugs*

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14707 on: November 26, 2011, 04:33:27 pm »

This is also a handy tool to have.

Because I found after many trials that the Paint and Paint.net circle tools are inaccurate.

That's pretty much what I'm looking for. Thx.

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14708 on: November 26, 2011, 04:46:22 pm »

Omae wa mo shindeiru.

Edit: Disregard this mod for the time being, it seems the download has been compromised with a trojan
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 05:00:45 pm by yougiedeggs »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14709 on: November 26, 2011, 05:58:09 pm »

That sounds like its either from an anime, or an old cartoon. Either way the mod itself is quite cool looking from ze video.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Kaleb702 Games

• Bay Watcher
  • nearlyNonexistent
    • View Profile
    • My YYG Account
« Reply #14710 on: November 26, 2011, 06:10:03 pm »

Well, on a random note:
Beat the boss.
Awesome.
Quote from: Rose Lalonde, Seer of Light
One simple word can so easily begin a story in a very thick book.

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14711 on: November 26, 2011, 07:38:15 pm »

That sounds like its either from an anime, or an old cartoon. Either way the mod itself is quite cool looking from ze video.

It's Hokuto no Ken, or Fist of the North Star. A great anime out of the 80's that's worth checking out.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14712 on: November 26, 2011, 10:15:43 pm »

It's Hokuto no Ken, or Fist of the North Star. A great anime out of the 80's that's worth checking out.

Yes, it's an intensely manly anime, and a classic as well. Even non-anime fans should take a look at it.

Btw, I think I might actually be able to get into Minecraft with the Kenshiro mod. That's just too awesome to ignore.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #14713 on: November 26, 2011, 10:21:24 pm »

I don't know where I stand on the current drama around FlowerChild and forge. It's sad to see disagreement and incompatibility but it sounds like a number of the people working on forge have similar or related issues with how forge is being run.
On that note... what ARE the issues people are having? A quick glance at the BTW forums(Ow. Not going back there again...) appears to claim the problem is Eloraam adding features solely for use in Redpower. Which... makes very little sense as a complaint. She works on her mod, finds something the API can't do, adds it into the API. That's kinda the POINT of a community API like the Forge.
Everyone but FlowerChild has complained about the lack of communication and community management. FlowerChild has said communications between him and Eloraam are possible but he's cut himself off deliberately. Everyone including FlowerChild seem worried that Eloraam has pretty much taken control of Forge and it's direction. FlowerChild says Eloraam has been, and is planning on, bloating Forge with features that are only useful to her. FlowerChild claims some of her work has awkward variable names and poor documentation/notes and that this might be deliberate. FlowerChild also seems to be particularly bothered by Eloraam releasing similar things in RedPower2 as others have in the other Forge mods. This perceived copying also seems to irritate SpaceToad of Buildcraft fame but his main gripe is over communications.

Hope that all makes sense. I read through the thread on the BTW forums and the stuff in the BTW thread on the Minecraft Forums but I haven't kept up to date since.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14714 on: November 26, 2011, 10:35:43 pm »

I notice a common habit of their suggestion forums seems to be suggesting other mods or addons for features that really should be in the main mod. Even bug reports are shot off to addons and bugfixes by other users.

I honestly don't mind mods stepping on eachothers toes. SpaceToad already steps majorly on the toes of features in Industrialcraft, and the better features will be used by people who install both mods.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 979 980 [981] 982 983 ... 1380