Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 613 614 [615] 616 617 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2418763 times)

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #9210 on: April 19, 2011, 12:40:53 pm »

Wait... it's out now?  Damn.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #9211 on: April 19, 2011, 01:01:12 pm »

Just genned a new world for 1.5

No storms yet, but I'm hoping I'll see one soon.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9212 on: April 19, 2011, 01:04:53 pm »

Hrm, seems my bat-packs started to work again for no reason. Odd, but appreciated. First delve into the mines uncovers a cave system where I died with a ton of stuff on me, presenting a mad scramble down there to fend off three skeletons, a zombie and a spider with just my bare hands before getting my stuff and taking down three creepers, each dropping two gunpowder piles.

Fuck I feel like a hero.

But now it seems I can't make plant clumps. Huh. there goes my plans to make the generators work a bit better.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #9213 on: April 19, 2011, 01:30:33 pm »

Plant balls should be a circle of 8 seeds/saplings (no mixing). Then you just compress them to turn them into clumps.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #9214 on: April 19, 2011, 02:14:22 pm »

Plant balls should be a circle of 8 seeds/saplings (no mixing). Then you just compress them to turn them into clumps.

It used to take 9, messed w/ me when I updated and it'd changed...
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9215 on: April 19, 2011, 03:02:46 pm »

So, wait, is stuff compatible with 1.5, or have you guys just not updated yet?  Because I'd really like to find out that Modloader and Ruins are actually forwards compatible.  That would be really nice.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9216 on: April 19, 2011, 03:04:41 pm »

Plantclumps can be made with seeds, saplings, cacti, or reeds. Get yourself an auto-cacti farm if you really want to start pumping out the biofuel.  ;D

As for 1.5 compatability, I think Alblaka is waiting to see if ModloaderMP gets updated. Either that or is waiting for the post-patch patching to be done with.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #9217 on: April 19, 2011, 04:28:08 pm »

Ugh, I hate 1.5 ladders. Your feet have to be at them for them to work, so you can't have them start at eye-level. At least the water is fixed.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #9218 on: April 19, 2011, 04:38:39 pm »

Ugh, I hate 1.5 ladders. Your feet have to be at them for them to work, so you can't have them start at eye-level.
Because a ladder that starts at eye level makes any sort of sense.
So, wait, is stuff compatible with 1.5, or have you guys just not updated yet?  Because I'd really like to find out that Modloader and Ruins are actually forwards compatible.  That would be really nice.
No.
Never.  Obfuscation tends to do that.

We don't have an official API to transcend the versioning barrier yet.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9219 on: April 19, 2011, 06:15:02 pm »

Seems I have a bug, I burnt down a forest and now it seems all the light that was made by the fire stayed there. It's not going away and there is no fire burning. Dp I have to delete this world?

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #9220 on: April 19, 2011, 06:17:25 pm »

Started a new world with "1.5" as the seed. The nearby magma pool set fire to the nearby forest, rendering it into a grassland with many many stumps.

So far, I'm just gathering supplies so I can start making pistons and piston-related crap. Already made a decent little settlement to make use of it all. Kudos for the magma for clearing some of the field.

EDIT:
Well, that sucks. :(

Weather is pretty cool though. Noticed that in rain, any regular fires (like flint/steel) are taken out immediately, whereas exposed magma and torches aren't. And I had heavy rain too.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 08:10:24 pm by Itnetlolor »

poca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9221 on: April 19, 2011, 06:17:30 pm »

Ugh, I hate 1.5 ladders. Your feet have to be at them for them to work, so you can't have them start at eye-level.
Because a ladder that starts at eye level makes any sort of sense.

Ladders don't start at eye level; even for people only three and a half feet tall.

Steve is a short guy with an eye level at 1.62 meters (5 feet 4 inches) but a ladder 1 m above the ground is still only 61% of that distance. The easiest measurement you can make is seeing where your own eye level because the reading you want is directly in front of your eye. Multiply your eye level by 0.61 and you'll discover ladders start around waist height. Furthermore, Steve can jump up at least 1 m so his feet are higher than the bottom of the next ladder the apex.

I think I remember seeing people just skipping over that last extension on an attic ladder. I'm also fairly sure there are fire escape ladders that people use to climb.

Edit: If this came off bitchy then you read it wrong.  :D  srsly If that come off bitchy then it was all the sarcasm. Go back and read it in the tone of voice your favorite math teacher would use while joyfully rambling about an insight.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 07:47:49 pm by poca »

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9222 on: April 19, 2011, 06:24:04 pm »

Started a new world with "1.5" as the seed. The nearby magma pool set fire to the nearby forest, rendering it into a grassland with many many stumps.

So far, I'm just gathering supplies so I can start making pistons and piston-related crap. Already made a decent little settlement to make use of it all. Kudos for the magma for clearing some of the field.

Pistons aren't in this release...
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #9223 on: April 19, 2011, 06:24:57 pm »

Seems I have a bug, I burnt down a forest and now it seems all the light that was made by the fire stayed there. It's not going away and there is no fire burning. Dp I have to delete this world?

Have you tried to place and remove torches in that area?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9224 on: April 20, 2011, 03:58:01 pm »

I downloaded a texture pack, patched it with Xau (or something like that) patcher and now I can't change it back.... I removed the file from the texture pack folder but for some reason it's still using the texture pack.

Anyone have any idea on how to fix this?
Pages: 1 ... 613 614 [615] 616 617 ... 1380