Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 796 797 [798] 799 800 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 808730 times)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #11955 on: May 05, 2010, 09:00:34 pm »

Is there a place to get the sprites for this game, by the way? I may want to work on my own while I'm bored...

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11956 on: May 05, 2010, 09:33:36 pm »

Jesus, its hard to tell if people are just stupid or traitiors.. i mean.. why would you run around opening all the firedoors in your way when there are alarms everywhere.. of course its going to make the atmos problems even worse... people don't even close them behind themselves..

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11957 on: May 05, 2010, 09:34:56 pm »

[N2O] actually does that on the goon server, now. It was pretty funny, there was a leak, and I thought that there were monkeys chasing me around the station killing me, turns out it was, well, an N2O leak.

No, it actually doesn't. I've tested it. I do like the way they added giggle and laugh emotes to the effect, and the sleeping is much more like a pill overdose, where it turns the actual sleep button on. In this way, you can resist it's effects.

'Sides, I wanna be the one to code and implement hallucinations.
You were on the goon servers, and thought the monkeys chasing you weren't real?
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11958 on: May 05, 2010, 09:38:24 pm »

My analyser says the air was fine.
Maybe somone found a way to mess with the alarms?
Smoking by the smoke detector? ;D

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11959 on: May 05, 2010, 09:44:29 pm »

[N2O] actually does that on the goon server, now. It was pretty funny, there was a leak, and I thought that there were monkeys chasing me around the station killing me, turns out it was, well, an N2O leak.

No, it actually doesn't. I've tested it. I do like the way they added giggle and laugh emotes to the effect, and the sleeping is much more like a pill overdose, where it turns the actual sleep button on. In this way, you can resist it's effects.

I was also attacked by giant spiders. When they hit me, they did no damage, and I couldn't hurt them either. It preformed *very* well in its intended purpose however, I ran throughout the station screaming giant spiders are attacking me, and then they disappeared, and by the time I went back to the N2O flooded area, there was enough N2O in the medical hallways for it to be visible, so I knew what happened.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11960 on: May 05, 2010, 09:54:11 pm »

Sorry about that last round I have to leave at 9 so I figured one round of screwing off wasn't bad.
I didn't do anything wrong either, just be the best lawyer ever.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11961 on: May 05, 2010, 10:02:29 pm »

I almost had my smash the server via super air system going.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #11962 on: May 05, 2010, 10:13:59 pm »

I was also attacked by giant spiders. When they hit me, they did no damage, and I couldn't hurt them either. It preformed *very* well in its intended purpose however, I ran throughout the station screaming giant spiders are attacking me, and then they disappeared, and by the time I went back to the N2O flooded area, there was enough N2O in the medical hallways for it to be visible, so I knew what happened.

If we were to implement a hallucination system, how hard would it be to have it occasionally yellow another person's skin and convert all that they say to zombie-speak from the hallucinator's point of view?

Or applying the IT skin to a random crewmate?

Two great visual resources that could surely be used. Also, either would strongly affect both RPers(evident 'fiction' a reality) and metagamers(strike early and end the menace that they know exists, though certainly not in character...)
Eh?
Eh!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11963 on: May 05, 2010, 10:21:36 pm »

Hallucinations......The Goons are beating us! Makes me want to play on their servers but the admin fear is still stronger.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11964 on: May 05, 2010, 10:41:20 pm »

Just so long as people don't get banned for "griefing" for killing a bunch of people because of being exposed to N2O which made it look like everyone had turned into zombies, evil monkeys, etc. :P
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
  • My avatar is of whitespace, Not the firefox logo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11965 on: May 05, 2010, 10:57:22 pm »

Server is now up.

If people complain about airflow not being deadly enough, the settings are changable, and you will soon be able to vote for them

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11966 on: May 05, 2010, 11:12:53 pm »

Course googol comes along and griefs me as I try to set up a super grief weapon, god I hate griefmins like that, always griefing other griefmins, GAH.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11967 on: May 05, 2010, 11:50:54 pm »

Is there a place to get the sprites for this game, by the way? I may want to work on my own while I'm bored...

I have most of the newest sprites except for the new pipes...if nobody disagrees, I wouldn't mind sending over some.
-gives others time to disagree-
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11968 on: May 06, 2010, 12:02:01 am »

Knowing me I probably wouldn't do much at all, but I might dabble if I get bored enough.

Xegeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11969 on: May 06, 2010, 02:33:46 am »

I actually coded a biological AI a few weeks ago. Since it was made in open ss13, and it hasn't been properly tested yet, it will probably need to be modified a bit before it can be used. Should I post a link to the code here, or PM it to someone?
Pages: 1 ... 796 797 [798] 799 800 ... 950