Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 792 793 [794] 795 796 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 808624 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #11895 on: May 05, 2010, 01:29:09 am »

Chat isn't broken. No Oxygen = no speech, except for radios.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11896 on: May 05, 2010, 01:29:38 am »

Some dumbass decided to open both airlocks at the same time. it sucked everyone out... =/

Airlocks need to.. you know... lock... you know... so that shit doesn't happen.

EDIT: I like some of the new graphics, but are we not allowed to 'switch' places with people anymore?

EDIT 2: oh, and most importantly, the chat is really broken...
Yeah, airlocks like in every sci-fi game ever, don't think I need to explain those, that would be awesome.
Speaking of which, it should be impossible to close doors if someone is in the way, unless that door is hacked or something, then it will squish people and kill them.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11897 on: May 05, 2010, 01:32:45 am »

Chat isn't broken. No Oxygen = no speech, except for radios.

Oh cool.

I didn't know the -whole- station was depressurised.

EDIT: Also, door squishings might be a bit cheap, maybe just push the person back to the tile they entered on... I dunno
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 01:36:52 am by OzyTheSage »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11898 on: May 05, 2010, 01:38:00 am »

Doors would need to be hacked to squish.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11899 on: May 05, 2010, 01:38:22 am »

Some dumbass decided to open both airlocks at the same time. it sucked everyone out... =/

EDIT: I like some of the new graphics, but are we not allowed to 'switch' places with people anymore?

Yeah, airlocks like in every sci-fi game ever, don't think I need to explain those, that would be awesome.
Speaking of which, it should be impossible to close doors if someone is in the way, unless that door is hacked or something, then it will squish people and kill them.

I agree,
external airlocks should use a button on a wall AND a saftey mechanism that has to be overriden to open the airlock.
While there is airpressure in between the two airlocks it would be prevented by the saftey mechanism.

thats what you meant with sci-fi game airlocks right?

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
  • My avatar is of whitespace, Not the firefox logo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11900 on: May 05, 2010, 01:40:54 am »

I agree,
external airlocks should use a button on a wall AND a saftey mechanism that has to be overriden to open the airlock.
While there is airpressure in between the two airlocks it would be prevented by the saftey mechanism.

thats what you meant with sci-fi game airlocks right?
We will do this eventually, plus a way for the station to repressurise from atmos semi-automatically, and airlocks with shut-off sections of the station automatically in the event of a leak

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11901 on: May 05, 2010, 01:45:22 am »

The escape arm airlocks shouldn't open -at all- until the shuttle actually arrives.

There also needs to be something stronger than reinforced glass... perhaps...

Also, while we're doing small updated to the map, can you hook the medical scanner in the medbay up?

EDIT: Also, doctors could spawn witha  surgeon's medical kit that's the same as all the others but holds 4 more slots or something.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 02:02:13 am by OzyTheSage »

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11902 on: May 05, 2010, 02:01:01 am »

They have certain somethings nowadays that's clear (enough) and as strong as steel. Switching out most windows with stuff like this would solve the atmospherics leak, plus, it would make repairing windows less annoying and needed.

Also, Space Suits shouldn't be affected by space wind.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11903 on: May 05, 2010, 02:10:06 am »

can you currently sprint with an EVA suit on? You should only be able to walk unless you have a jetpack, or something.

EDIT: And... we need syringes full of rejuvs to be green, not blue.

EDIT 2: Blood for the blood god, much?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 02:39:45 am by OzyTheSage »

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11904 on: May 05, 2010, 02:10:17 am »

They have certain somethings nowadays that's clear (enough) and as strong as steel. Switching out most windows with stuff like this would solve the atmospherics leak, plus, it would make repairing windows less annoying and needed.

Also, Space Suits shouldn't be affected by space wind.
Its not that.
Windows are the least of your problems in a station filled with meteors, syndicate, people forgetting to close airlocks

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11905 on: May 05, 2010, 03:25:27 am »

Sounds awsome, cant wait to be killed by air.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11906 on: May 05, 2010, 03:41:25 am »

Aparently a vent connected to a connector surronded on all sides by glass, with one human in it doesn't kill the human, or move the one piece of not attached glass. Needs a pump.

Also, admins now have a change plasma button which has some interesting settings for what plasma does to people.....why do we need this?

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11907 on: May 05, 2010, 03:46:15 am »

Aparently a vent connected to a connector surronded on all sides by glass, with one human in it doesn't kill the human, or move the one piece of not attached glass. Needs a pump.

Also, admins now have a change plasma button which has some interesting settings for what plasma does to people.....why do we need this?
For future use, mainly allowing people to vote on how deadly the station is, and to insure that plasma is actaully something to research and not just make bombs out off

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11908 on: May 05, 2010, 06:16:28 am »

For future use, mainly allowing people to vote on how deadly the station is, and to insure that plasma is actaully something to research and not just make bombs out off

But but but...I like bombs.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #11909 on: May 05, 2010, 07:07:50 am »

Airlocks issues:
That is exactly why having all doors autoopen is a further problem.

What we need is a new door type, same as an airlock but autoopens and has a different sprite. That way people can tell the difference easily, and understand why.

Also, there is often a single meteor or two that usually hits near the chapel. With such deadly depressurization, any meteor at all will inevitably kill everyone.
Eh?
Eh!
Pages: 1 ... 792 793 [794] 795 796 ... 950