Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 793 794 [795] 796 797 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 808615 times)

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #11910 on: May 05, 2010, 08:06:59 am »

I will draw a more reinforced glass and door then.
Expect it to be here in a day.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11911 on: May 05, 2010, 08:13:37 am »

Also, there is often a single meteor or two that usually hits near the chapel. With such deadly depressurization, any meteor at all will inevitably kill everyone.

While i'm not obsessed with realism that sounds both realistic and fun.. I would think large hull breaches would be one of the most serious disasters on a pressurized station...
Does it take more then one hit to break a reinforced wall? if not, it likely should... if it does, then perhaps more reinforced walls around the outer perimeter?

Sidenote: perhaps it would be interesting to have smaller meteors that only cause smaller hullbreaches that didn't effect the atmos as much... in addition to larger ones of course.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11912 on: May 05, 2010, 08:14:53 am »

Super window:

Strong with it's super space-like wall on the outside and the reinforced window you love on the inside!
Note: the middle is alpha'd.
http://filesmelt.com/dl/Window_better.dmi
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Randomonioum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11913 on: May 05, 2010, 09:48:05 am »

No server?
If you gave them a biome then the Elves may indeed start turning up with Wagons in cages.
Well, it does tie in to the fact that personality-wise, dragons are nothing more than gigantic, scaly, firebreathing cats.

Pick Yer Poison

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch yer back, soldier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11914 on: May 05, 2010, 01:13:24 pm »

Airlock cycling is what we need. Just make a type of airlock (exterior airlock) that comes in pairs, and the closed door of the two will drop its bolts until the other one is closed as well. This prevents people from opening the outer airlock while the inner one is still open and destroying EVA.

Pick Yer Poison

GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Lend a hand to the Bay Station 12 Space Station 13 wiki!

Randomonioum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11915 on: May 05, 2010, 01:16:34 pm »

Wait, isn't the AI officially the deadliest traitor now?
If you gave them a biome then the Elves may indeed start turning up with Wagons in cages.
Well, it does tie in to the fact that personality-wise, dragons are nothing more than gigantic, scaly, firebreathing cats.

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11916 on: May 05, 2010, 01:18:36 pm »

it's always been pretty deadly... but its certainly deadlier.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11917 on: May 05, 2010, 01:21:55 pm »

Airlock cycling is what we need. Just make a type of airlock (exterior airlock) that comes in pairs, and the closed door of the two will drop its bolts until the other one is closed as well. This prevents people from opening the outer airlock while the inner one is still open and destroying EVA.
Uh no, thanks, I want to retain my ability to clear rooms out with flashbangs and bombs.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11918 on: May 05, 2010, 01:25:36 pm »

Needs to be hackable too. Need a server to practice my ebulz.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11919 on: May 05, 2010, 01:34:36 pm »

Uh no, thanks, I want to retain my ability to clear rooms out with flashbangs and bombs.

OUTER AIRLOCKS....
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Pick Yer Poison

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch yer back, soldier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11920 on: May 05, 2010, 02:13:00 pm »

Pick Yer Poison

GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Lend a hand to the Bay Station 12 Space Station 13 wiki!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11921 on: May 05, 2010, 02:14:09 pm »

It's only for airlocks that go out into space.

The ones labeled "External Airlock".
Maybe even the escape shuttle doors, but I think that would be bad, as it needs to be quickly opened in an emergency.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11922 on: May 05, 2010, 02:14:40 pm »

So... Fuck Syndicates. No. I want to be able to clear rooms. Clearing rooms from space should be possible too.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Dyjeccu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11923 on: May 05, 2010, 02:47:45 pm »

Airlock cycling is what we need. Just make a type of airlock (exterior airlock) that comes in pairs, and the closed door of the two will drop its bolts until the other one is closed as well. ...

In the interim, this can work, but the issue goes further: A middle stage is required where both doors are bolted and atmos is cycled either in or out. Be this a piped system with inlet/vent, or as simple as an available siphon.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11924 on: May 05, 2010, 02:50:32 pm »

Preferably with some way to strap yourself into something so that you don't kill yourself when you pressurize or depressurize the compartment.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 793 794 [795] 796 797 ... 950