Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 727 728 [729] 730 731 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 808837 times)

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #10920 on: April 20, 2010, 11:51:45 pm »

Lazors on the AI sattelite are insta-death. Really unfair when you're playing malfunction.  :-\

Malfunction is just unbalanced in general. XD
But it's unbalanced in such a way that it's balanced.

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10921 on: April 21, 2010, 12:04:34 am »

Hey head, you need to remove that rwall underneath the interior engine combustion chamber door.  Makes it kind of tough to manually load the engine.(Or let fire out should you be so inclined)
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10922 on: April 21, 2010, 12:12:09 am »

Fix for that has been pushed to the repo...  wierd, I could have sworn I already pushed that fix :o
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10923 on: April 21, 2010, 12:50:47 am »

That was an interesting round. I tried and roleplayed a seriously paranoid dude plotting against the AI without being too griefy, and made a whole bunch of engine bombs and hid them all over the station, plus two suicide vests (one which was unarmed, and the other one I was wearing). Of course, the traitor found me and killed me with his cloak after removing all the thermal goggles from security storage... poor guy didn't even see it coming.  ;D

garfield751

• Bay Watcher
  • Aaauuugggghhhh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10924 on: April 21, 2010, 12:55:50 am »

i think com dishes that you build might be broke because i couldent get it to work even though i set things up correctly

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #10925 on: April 21, 2010, 12:59:27 am »

What does a random back story actually entail?
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10926 on: April 21, 2010, 01:04:15 am »

Building a second comm control panel(Or perhaps it is the dish) does break communications.  Even if the regular comm dish is aligned properly, so long as the second comm control and dish are not properly aligned(I'm unsure which is causing the issue), communications is considered down.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10927 on: April 21, 2010, 02:09:34 am »

What does a random back story actually entail?
Ok, so lets say your name is Bob Chan.

--
Your Name is Bob Chan.
You personally know Leroy Richard from your space college years.
He was always stealing your books.

He killed your brother in a car accident, 4 years ago.

You later met him in life, where you were able to get a great job he always wanted. He's had a grudge from then on.

--
Your name is Leroy Richard.
You personally know Bob Chan from your space college years.
He always let you borrow his books, when you forgot yours.

You once let Bob score a sweet job you wanted, when he was down on his luck.

You have slight memory problems, you often forget important events.
This was caused by a car accident you were once in. You broke your leg, but they were able to replace it with a prototype metal prosthetic one.

--
They were both randomly generated personalities, which, while the player can play his character however he wants, affects the wording of their history.

Or did we decide to scrap this idea, and the random back story was the randomly generated main lore story thingy?

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10928 on: April 21, 2010, 05:56:08 am »

Protip for not getting destroyed as the AI.

Shut down plasma research, and make sure the engine isnt usable.(I did accomplish 2, but I completely forgot about 1).

Also, I had to leave early, so when you "did" use the bomb on me, I wasnt even around.  :P

Plus, I killed three people who werent quite smart with my lasers.

Only sad thing to note is that an engine fire didnt kill someone wearing a green firesuit. :(

Also, if you have never played as the AI, here is something to note. The AI can hack into stuff. Takes like, oh, 30-60 seconds. After that, the AI has control again. Thats how I closed the door behind you, and opened laser fire on you. XD

"Edit" Also, thanks for whoever opened the hot loop, in the cold loop, allowing me to chanel the flames into the plasma(that went through the r-wall in the hot loop...somehow), and start an engine fire.

Also, an AI needs some way to stop fire alarms from happening. It does have complete control over everything. Perhaps alarms could be disconnected from the their powersources, or atleast short cirited, like doors.

super dangerous AI's

Thanks for the complement. :)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 06:01:45 am by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Xegeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10929 on: April 21, 2010, 06:25:47 am »

Also, an AI needs some way to stop fire alarms from happening. It does have complete control over everything. Perhaps alarms could be disconnected from the their powersources, or atleast short cirited, like doors.

Have you tried turning off the environmental part of the APC? That controls both fire alarms and atmospheric warnings.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10930 on: April 21, 2010, 08:08:24 am »

Remember kids, Atmos can make bombs too!
And atmos has more space for more oxygen tanks in it's heater.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10931 on: April 21, 2010, 10:20:10 am »

How do you tell the temperature in the heater? The best I can do is stand next to it with an analyzer but it only reads up to 400 degrees and you start dieing from the heat. When do you know the temperature is at it's peak?

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10932 on: April 21, 2010, 10:27:37 am »

When you set it to siphon, don't set the canister/siphon to accept. Then the meter tells you the temperature.
Also I can confirm that ATMOS can make better heated gas, I made 2000 degree N20 without adding any canister to the actual chamber. Saying that though, the chamber's only normal window.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10933 on: April 21, 2010, 10:38:11 am »

I tried remaking the chamber to include the vats in atmos in it, but when the fire destroyed them nothing happened. Seems they don't generate gas when destroyed.

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10934 on: April 21, 2010, 11:46:34 am »

Sigh.. the server gets pretty bad when no admins are on sometimes..
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 11:53:36 am by Rift »
Pages: 1 ... 727 728 [729] 730 731 ... 950