Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: (CANCELLED), Zombies!!! A Choose-Your-Own-Adventure Story  (Read 17479 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zombies!!! A Choose-Your-Own-Adventure Story
« Reply #180 on: May 11, 2009, 04:26:41 pm »

Well, we also need to convince Toe not to just flip coins, or this whole thing is pointless.

Anyway, this is a basic draft of what I think we should say;

You stand up and put on your lawyer sunglasses, and then you address the council.

"Ladies and gentlemen of the council, before we proceed, I'd like to exercise my right to challenge the validity of the Lead Guard of the mall holding a seat on the jury. She was romantically involved with the deceased, and she clearly holds an unfair bias as a result of her current emotional state. Not only does her presence jeopardize the validity of this trial, it may be psychologically damaging for her. I suggest that she be removed and another juror be found."

The rest depends on whether or not they remove her.

Should we challenge the testimony of the search party that supposedly found Sam's body? I think we could probably do it. We could probably cross examine them and get them to admit that there were no identifying marks on the body, or that they didn't find him at all.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 11, 2009, 08:28:03 pm »

I say that we cross examine Sam's corpse for evidence. They should allow us to do that. How someone could tell if he was stabbed by a knife on a completely chewed up corpse is almost beyond my belief.

Yes, we should try to get Jesse off the jury. Hopefully, we will get someone better. The whole point behind the jury is that it's supposed to be unbiased, and with Jesse being in it completely throws that point out the window.

It may be a rigged trial if Jesse has had her way. If we can convince Jesse that we are innocent however, it may turn out better for us.

TheToeBighter98

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 12, 2009, 05:29:54 am »

Ok, Inaluct brings up a good point. I wont flip a coin for logical conclusions which are meant to test your thinking power, though I will flip a coin for most everything else (like a lawyer defending you with own case without your textual support).

Thanks Inaluct, now they have a chance!

TURN: 30                                         *DAY*
AREA: MALL/ COUNCIL CHAMBER
                                           HEALTH. - Health: Fine
                                                       - Food/Water: Content
                                                       - Wounds: <Swollen Nose>
           ___,,,,,,,,,,,,___                           
          / mH           mH  \                             
          l       CCCCC        l                           
          D      TTTTT        l                    - Temperature: Standard
    ____l                        l                                         
   /  j   :     T    I    T      l             INV. - Gun's:
   l   j   :    pH        dH    l                         
   D  j   :                       l                    - Ammunition:
   l   j   :  H H H    H H H  l                           
   \_j__:   H H H    H H H  l                    - Melee W.:
          l   H H H    H H H  l                               
          l                        l                    - Clothing: St. Clothing (Equipped),
          l   mH  J      mH    l                       
          \______DD______/                    - Food:

KEY. - DD, D: Double Door,
                                                           Door
                                                       - j, J: Jury Human,
                                                           Jessie, "Mall Guard Sheriff"
                                                       - :, ,: Railing,
                                                           Window
                                                       - C: Council Human
                                                       - pH: Attacker Human
                                                       - dH: Defender Human
                                                       - mH: "Mall Guard"
                                                       - T: Table
                                                       - H: Human

Your Defender Motions You Towards him, and Asks You for Advice. You Tell him that Jessie should Not be in the Jury as she Already Tried to Murder You. The Lawyer Nods, and Asks for More Advice. You Tell Him of your Witness Statement, Outlining how You Found Sam's L. Hooded Jacket and Found the 'Bloody Knife' on a Half Eaten Dead Man You Found while Fleeing the "!Horde! of Zombies!". He Nods Faster, and Asks for More Advice. You Ask that Sams Body and the Half Eaten Dead Man be Showed as Evidence For your Innocence. He Smiles, and Ushers You Back to your Position.

The Old Council Member Bangs the Table in Front of Him to Silence the Room. As the Room Quietens, the Old Council Member Calls Forward the Defender. The Defender Begins by Asking that the Jury and Council Consider Jessie's Spot as a Juror, and Argues that her Feelings Against the Stranger Could Affect the Outcome of the Trial. (Tails) The Council and Jury Members, Including Jessie, Consider the Issue in the Room West of the Council Chamber, and Conclude that Jessie Will Not Leave the Jury, (Heads) Though her Testimony will be Considered in New Light.

The Attacker Calls Forward Jessie as a Witness, and Asks her to Recount the Meeting with the Stranger. Jessie Recounts her Meeting with You, (PREVIOUSLY, she had a (Heads) on a coin toss) but Also Adds that her Opinion May have Been Warped by her Feelings for Sam and her Worry that Something had Occurred to Him when he had Left the Mall. She Apologizes for Rashly Attacking You, and Removes herself from the Jury. As this Occurs, You See the Attacker Looking Angry at the Loss.

Jessie is Replaced with Another Jury Member, and Jessie Waits for the Outcome Beside the Southern Double Doors.

The Defender then Calls You Forward, and Asks You to Recount How You Ended Up at the Mall. You Begin at the Very Start, Recounting your Involvement Within Another Topic. You Continue, Explaining How You Encountered a Zombie Clutching the 'L. Hooded Jacket' with Fresh Blood Around its Mouth, your Discovery of a Half Eaten Dead Man Clutching the Bloody Knife, and How You Were Received at the Mall Fort Entrance.

The Attacker Calls Forward Jessie, to Explain How she Found the Two Bodies. She Explains How the Half Eaten Dead Man was Found and Searched, Which Discovered a 'Large Amount of Currency'. Her Recount of Sams Remains Do Not Reveal Much, as Little Could be Told Other than that he Had a Cracked Skull from a Heavy Blow, (Heads) Which is Pronounced a Product of his Death from "Zombies!". (Tails) The Attacker Continues, Asking the Jury and Council that if the 'L. Hooded Jacket' was Found in the Hands of a "Zombie!" with Fresh Blood Covering its Face, then Why was no Fresh Blood Found on the Jacket?

The Jury and Council Confer, and Ask You for the Truth. (Heads) You Admit that You had Blemished the Truth, and Explain that You Found the 'L. Hooded Jacket' Lying on the Ground. The Jury and Council Confer, and Accept your Answer.

The Defender Calls Forward Jessie Once More, and Asks her to Describe the Remains of Sam and the Half Eaten Dead Man Once More. She Explains in Detail How she Found the Remains, and the Remains State. She Concludes that Nothing Could be Told from the Remains, Though the 'Large Amount of Currency' is Suspicious for a Pick-Up Group as They Only Leave the Mall when they Need Money.

The Jury and Council Confer, and Find the Observation Plausible and Admit it to you Defense.

The Old Council Member Bangs the Table Once More, and the Room Silences.
"Will the Attacker and Defender proceed to make their conclusions, and await the Jury's Decision regarding the Stranger and his involvement with the now evident murder of Sam Tarlew?" he Speaks.

(The Jury Finds in your Favor, Giving You their Two Tallies. (Heads)(Heads)(Heads)(Tails)(Heads) Four Council Members Find in Favor of the Defender, only One Council Member Finds in the Attackers Favor)

You See that Five Votes Have Been Tallied Against You, and Nine Votes Tallied For You. You Look to be Pronounced Innocent.

You Hear Some Whispers from the North, West, South. The Defender Motions You to him, and Tells You to Remember your Promise to the Male Prisoner Who Arranged your Freedom, and Not Forget the Warning You have Been Given in your Prison Cell.

What do you do?

OOC: Ok, I broke my promise BIG TIME. Damn you people!

Anyway, now that your nearly off the hook, the currency system; Currency in this game will revolve around three types of specially made coins that are basically shreds of small scrap metal given specific images, as well as paints.

1 Green Coin = 5 Blue Coins

1 Blue Coin = 10 Red Coins

Simple, yet horrible to imagine. Live with it.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 12, 2009, 05:53:32 am »

Well first of all we still need a verdict, which should come from the Jury stating that we are indeed not guilty. After that, the judge needs to dismiss everyone. Besides that, I only have one last thing to say about this case and the last thing we should do to conclude that.

After the trial is done, confront Jessie before she leaves and offer our condolences to her loss. He wasn't anything more than a random NPC to us, but Jessie however is an important person at the mall. We need to be on her good side, and I can at least state I'm sorry he's dead. On our part (Not that anyone will know it, because we'll never talk about it) it was survival of the fittest. He was wounded, and we couldn't bring him along if he couldn't walk himself. If he could walk, he would have been shuffling away from the scene.

At anyrate, after condolences shared, we should find out how to make a meeting with our benefactor, or someone who works for him. I honestly don't know how we'll get him out. If we have to pay his bail, we'll just have to make money. If we have to organize a secret trade off to get him out of that cell and get him off and away all sneaky like, then we'll need help.

The best idea would be to see if we can outright talk to him in person, like a prisoner's visit or something. If not, then we'll just have to find another way. We can't leave until he's out. If we leave while he's still locked up, somehow he'll get out, and then he'll pull some kind of revenge crap on us with a bunch of goons with guns and the zombies are freaking bad enough. I don't want to deal with armed gunmen.

As for the currency system, your talking to a guy who frequently plays a game WHERE BOTTLE CAPS ARE THE MAIN CURRENCY.

Pretty colored scrap coins make more sense if any.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 12, 2009, 06:32:31 am »

Save teh man

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 12, 2009, 06:50:50 am »

DURHURHUR.

OF COURSE. I COMPLETELY OVERLOOKED THAT.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 12, 2009, 06:50:57 am »

Carefully tell Jessie about our predictiment, focusing on the threat.
Just fostering discussion.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 12, 2009, 06:55:29 am »

NO.

DO NOT INVOLVE OUR SELVES WITH THE SHERRIF.

...Innuendo aside, no, we don't talk to her more then we have to. I want her out of our way.

TheToeBighter98

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 12, 2009, 07:23:42 am »

It may be similar to the Fallout series, but at least that made sense.

Argue with me and pay, for here, I AM A GAWD!!!

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 12, 2009, 05:33:33 pm »

:I

I forgot to write a dramatic speech. Looks like we won anyway, though. Yay!

We should try not to be too involved with Jessie, but we should say something nice to her. Like that we're sorry about Sam's death and aren't holding anything against her, or something.

Also, we need to help the prisoner.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 12, 2009, 05:41:14 pm »

We should probably ask for our stuff back as well.

Hah! I do have good ideas sometimes.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 12, 2009, 05:43:25 pm »

Anyone here use Gibbed's DF Tweak?

I need help. :I

TheToeBighter98

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 13, 2009, 12:36:49 am »

Anyone here use Gibbed's DF Tweak?

I need help. :I

I SHALL DEVOUR YOUR SOUL OM NOM NOM NOM!

TheToeBighter98

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 14, 2009, 01:37:35 am »

Well, maybe I wont eat your soul then. Keep your begging elsewhere.

TURN: 31                                         *DAY*
AREA: MALL/ COUNCIL CHAMBER
                                           HEALTH. - Health: Fine
                                                       - Food/Water: Content
                                                       - Wounds: <Swollen Nose>
           ___,,,,,,,,,,,,___                           
          / mH           mH  \                             
          l       CCCCC        l                           
          D      TTTTT        l                    - Temperature: Standard
    ____l                        l                                         
   /  j   :     T         T      l             INV. - Gun's:
   l   j   :    pH        dH    l                         
   D  j   :                       l                    - Ammunition:
   l   j   :  H H H    H H H  l                           
   \_j__:   H H H    H H H  l                    - Melee W.:
          l   H H H    H H H  l                               
          l                        l                    - Clothing: St. Clothing (Equipped),
          l   mH  J      mH    l                       
          \______DD______/                    - Food:

KEY. - DD, D: Double Door,
                                                           Door
                                                       - j, J: Jury Human,
                                                           Jessie, "Mall Guard Sheriff"
                                                       - :, ,: Railing,
                                                           Window
                                                       - C: Council Human
                                                       - pH: Attacker Human
                                                       - dH: Defender Human
                                                       - mH: "Mall Guard"
                                                       - T: Table
                                                       - H: Human

The Old Counsel Member Bangs the Table, Calling for Silence for the Final Verdict. A Council Member Stands, and Begins to Read your Verdict.
"We have counted the tallied votes, and weighed the evidence against the Stranger. Our observations have been made, considered and decided upon. The evidence is clear, and we have made our final decision. The Stranger was not involved with the death of Sam Tarlew, and it has been found that Sam was murdered by a paid accomplice who died from the usual zombie attack." he Nods to the Leading Juror, who Rises.
"The Stranger is pronounced innocent of all involvement or participation in the death of Sam Tarlew. It has also been discovered that Sam Tarlews death was a assassination by one of the members of Sams pick-up group, who shall be interrogated for this cover-up. Stranger, you are free to leave." the Leading Juror Finishes, and Leaves the Bench with the Rest of the Jurors.

When Suddenly, a "!Nazi Zombie Robot Riding a Stegosaurus!" Attacks, Flanked by "!Flaming Zombies on Motorcycles!", Screaming
"This is the end! The author is sick of updating! Goodbye!", the End.

OOC: Wow, what a story huh? Well you may like it, but I cant keep updating and it would just slide into oblivion as I've lost motivation for writing for a while. Maybe I'll be back, with something new and much easier to write. Until then, this is dead and I'm no longer going to update this topic.

Also, tell me if this thing was actually entertaining. You could tell me what I could have done better, or just say you enjoyed the ride. Just as long as you actually liked this, that is, and weren't just posting for the heck of it.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 01:40:59 am by TheToeBighter98 »

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (CANCELLED), Zombies!!! A Choose-Your-Own-Adventure Story
« Reply #194 on: May 14, 2009, 01:42:37 am »

Pfft. Like you think your the first. Around here, you saying no more updates just translates into...

Dun dun dun...Another one bites the dust...

Dun dun dun...Another one bites the dust...

HEY...GONNA GET YOU TOO-Another one bites the dust!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]