Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 370

Author Topic: Atheists  (Read 391584 times)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: Atheists
« Reply #4245 on: September 24, 2010, 11:53:04 pm »

You guys all have to sit back, calm down and smoke some pot.

Its the best solution to any problem.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4246 on: September 24, 2010, 11:53:24 pm »

283 pages without being locked? That's...that's....I have no idea what that is, but it's impressive.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4247 on: September 25, 2010, 01:51:12 am »

This thread should be pretty flamable. I am just waiting for a flame war. (Edit) Have there been any flame wars in the past pages of the thread?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 01:53:21 am by Dwarf mc dwarf »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4248 on: September 25, 2010, 01:54:58 am »

Go look.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4249 on: September 25, 2010, 01:59:49 am »

Surfed youtube due to too much boredom and lack of sleep and went from people breaking their keyboards to a video about how people get kicked out of public schools for not joining in on prayer circles..... Wth? It is just me or is religion getting out of hand?

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4250 on: September 25, 2010, 02:07:08 am »

If I had to pick a God, I suppose that I would choose Zeus. Sure, he's an adulterating, moody jerk who smites people for no reason, but that never stopped Yahweh from becoming popular. But he knows how to reward people, and never lets you forget that he's the big man and you're supposed to point the incense his way. Worst case scenario, you get swept up on a riotous adventure with one of his sons, and have to kill a giant monster sent by Hera. If you die, he'll get you a good spot in the Underworld until he can sneak away from the ball-and-chain and bribe Hades into letting you out.

Best existence ever.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #4251 on: September 25, 2010, 02:45:32 am »

Zeus is a swell god, but Odin is better. You get to spend your afterlife passed out drunk, talking about how awesome and manly you are.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4252 on: September 25, 2010, 02:53:00 am »

In Belgium, the state recognizes several official religions, which got some benefits (priests are paid  by the state for instance). Those religions includes Catholiscism, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, and "Organized Laicity". Yeah, Atheism is an official religion over here. :p

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4253 on: September 25, 2010, 02:59:08 am »

I seriously considered Odin, but there's just a bit too much bloodshed to get to Valhalla for my liking. Plus, fighting is a lot harder wearing glasses. Then again, maybe Odin could give me magic eyes.

What we need is an Age of Mythology-style crossover where all the gods can get involved.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4254 on: September 25, 2010, 03:13:20 am »

Then again, maybe Odin could give me magic eyes.
Thanks for reminding me of that commercial.  "Look... with your special eyes!"  "My Brand!"
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4255 on: September 25, 2010, 03:17:42 am »

With Odin Eyestm, you'll be sure not to miss any enemies you face in the glorious afterlife of constant battle! With one easy payment of death by whatever means you choose (provided it occurs in battle), they can be yours!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4256 on: September 25, 2010, 05:02:58 am »

Zeus is a swell god, but Odin is better. You get to spend your afterlife passed out drunk, talking about how awesome and manly you are.
If you pass out from what the nordic people and their gods drank, then you're really, really not pertinent to talk about how awesome or manly you are.
Love, scriver~

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4257 on: September 25, 2010, 05:14:14 am »

I always wondered what the "die in battle" requirement exactly entails?
Do you get to go to Valhalla if e.g. your angry wife kills you with a frying pan for losing a job?
Or if two pre-school kids were fighting on the street and got run over by a car?
Or if you were a wimpy loser, beaten to death by some punks in a dark alley?

Ladies and gentelmen, the much advertised Valhalla might be not as manly as we imagine it to be.

madk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • pineapplemachine
« Reply #4258 on: September 25, 2010, 05:22:37 am »

According to the Bible, God created Humans in His own image, sinless.

Eve sinned. She even lied to Lucifer before she ate the fruit.
And then Adam sinned.

Wait, what?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4259 on: September 25, 2010, 05:24:57 am »

Ladies and gentelmen, the much advertised Valhalla might be not as manly as we imagine it to be.
Not to mention that the head guy is into bad, bad poetry. So much, infact, that his main sphere is bad, bad poetry.
Odin is basically the Cacofonix of Nordic mythology.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 370