Not even close.
- 391 (73.4%)
Almost . . . but didn't
- 26 (4.9%)
Maybe managed halfway
- 51 (9.6%)

Total Members Voted: 530

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 128

Author Topic: Nethack  (Read 175419 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nethack
« Reply #1455 on: March 15, 2011, 07:33:00 am »

Maximize your luck before doing wishes. At the very least, make sure its non negative, since if its negative you can get cursed items from wishes.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: March 15, 2011, 08:36:22 am »

(Most boring livestream ever- Watch Eerr remove clothing, wear clothing, remove more clothing, then stuff junk into a chest. No music, No mike.)

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: March 15, 2011, 04:26:30 pm »

Alright, well this is just a test-

http://www.livestream.com/eerrman

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: March 15, 2011, 11:39:39 pm »

I just downloaded this today.  Pretty awesome!
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: March 17, 2011, 11:52:47 pm »

Question:  Do nymphs stay on the map when they teleport away?  I would like very much to unleash the fury of Armok on them.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: March 17, 2011, 11:54:13 pm »

Question:  Do nymphs stay on the map when they teleport away?  I would like very much to unleash the fury of Armok on them.
They indeed do.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: March 17, 2011, 11:56:24 pm »

Excellent.   :D
Of course, I didn't survive long enough to find them, but at least next time I'll know it's not hopeless.

bhaak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #1462 on: July 18, 2011, 07:05:08 am »

I'm not sure if you saw this already, so I'll drop a pointer to Junethack's announcement on this board:
Announcing NetHack Summer tournament 2011

It's a cross-variant NetHack Tournament that started this weekend.

You can play Vanilla NetHack, SporkHack, UnNethack, AceHack and NetHack 1.3d, the first version of the game called NetHack, released 1987.

Bye
NetHack-De: NetHack in German!

UnNetHack: The newest NetHack variant!

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #1463 on: July 20, 2011, 02:59:31 pm »

I suck suck SUCK in this game, I've read wikihack and every possible spoiler and tactic and my best game was when I got to sokoban for first and only time... my highest score is 28.8k. I've never seen quest, I've never survived in mines end for more than 10mins. I dont really play anymore because I never get to see any new stuff, its always just the same newt bashing until real monsters start appearing.  :-\

When I do play I usually just troll around or flee if I get some expensive stuff.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 03:01:12 pm by Johuotar »
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: July 21, 2011, 01:00:22 am »

I've been playing this today.  My human wizard tamed three killer bees and a unicorn before dying of food poisoning.   :D

Charismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: July 22, 2011, 07:32:11 pm »

I've been playing this today.  My human wizard tamed three killer bees and a unicorn before dying of food poisoning.   :D

Oh god the food poisoning. At one point in my second character's life (after the first guy got mobbed by gnome lords), my level 9 female Barbarian fought and killed a kobold zombie. Five minutes later, I got a message about being hungry, ate the kobold corpse (forgetting it was rotten),took three steps and died of food poisoning.

Also, has anyone ever tried throwing a cockatrice corpse straight up? It gives you a really funny grave marker.
Oh, and I also found a second continent, "The Released Syrup-Continents". It houses "The Finger of Silkness". I think I died a little inside.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: July 22, 2011, 08:00:32 pm »

I got frost brand on the second floor. Soon after, put on amulet of strangulation. DAMMIT!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: July 22, 2011, 08:05:43 pm »

Tip: Never wear necklaces without identifying them or having a scroll of remove curse or Holy water.

Not only are there amulets of strangulation, but there are also amulets of restful sleep, and of course the lovely amulets of... err... change. The latter is... less dangerous, of course, if gender-bending isn't bad in your eyes.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: July 22, 2011, 08:59:13 pm »

I once put on one of those, too. Saved me from a succubus :P

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: July 22, 2011, 09:34:55 pm »

But succubi are a good thing...
Shoes...