Not even close.
- 391 (73.4%)
Almost . . . but didn't
- 26 (4.9%)
Maybe managed halfway
- 51 (9.6%)

Total Members Voted: 530

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 128

Author Topic: Nethack  (Read 175421 times)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nethack
« Reply #1440 on: March 13, 2011, 10:56:59 pm »

There's not much I can think of in Slash'EM that deserves genociding. Maybe shoggoths?

Also, how to win Slash'EM:
1. Vampire Barbarian
2. Startscum until you get a fountain wish
3. Blessed ring of slow digestion
4. ???
5. Profit

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: March 13, 2011, 11:10:45 pm »

It might be a good idea to genocide h if you're not a dwarf or gnome.  Mind flayers are a bastard.  If you're a dwarf/gnome, deal with them or eat two uncursed scrolls to get them specifically.
Shoes...

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: March 14, 2011, 12:49:50 am »

There's not much I can think of in Slash'EM that deserves genociding. Maybe shoggoths?

I just remembered something genocide worthy. Star Vampires. They are extremely powerful, have a level draining attack that attacks 3 times in one round and they can eat brains (I think)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 12:57:43 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: March 14, 2011, 01:47:02 am »

Yeah, I forgot about those. Fire vampires too. Might be worth genociding V entirely once you've identified opera cloaks.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: March 14, 2011, 04:33:00 am »

About that priest, I think I previously fought him with a character named Eerr.

But his latest kill was Fargthur, and thus he was peaceful.

At first.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: March 15, 2011, 03:43:06 am »

My samurai has found a wand of wishing-

In the gnomish mines!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: March 15, 2011, 03:47:39 am »

My samurai has found a wand of wishing-

In the gnomish mines!
Lucky. Reminds me of the time I found a WoW in the early (near starting stairs) levels.

I suggest you wish for artifacts. Anyway, Good luck with that game.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: March 15, 2011, 04:07:16 am »

Speaking of artifacts. Wish for Grayswandir, apparantly it is the best weapon in the game.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: March 15, 2011, 04:53:03 am »

I should probably wish for nothing but amulets of life-saving.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: March 15, 2011, 04:56:11 am »

That's a better idea.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: March 15, 2011, 04:58:00 am »

That's a better idea.
Ah, but there's a problem with that:

You can wish for just AoLS', but have crap equipment.

Or you can wish for good stuff, but you have no backup lives.

The first is bad since compared to the second, you'll likely die a lot more, and you'll also miss out on the guaranteed artifacts (very important).

But on the other hand, AoLS will give you more chances if you screw up.

Personally, I think you should go with good stuff and only have one life so you don't take risks. Also, guaranteed artifacts.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: March 15, 2011, 05:12:02 am »

Damage-wise, yes, Greyswandir is the best weapon, but other weapons have useful properties. Not that I would consider using anything other than a bladed weapon on a samurai. Can samurai reach expert in sabers or are they stuck as skilled or basic? Also, can they twoweapon at skilled or was that at basic? I'd look it up but I don't care. If sabers can't get up to skilled, twoweapon long swords. Frost brand+katana is very competitive with Grey+silver saber. If samurai just plain can't twoweapon well, then get a GDSM with the hope of getting a shield of reflection later. If this is all confusing, just get Frost Brand and #twoweapon with that katana you have.

Wish one should be 2 blessed ?oCharging (if you already have ?oCharging ID'd, wish for a blessed magic marker and write a new blessed ?oCharging). Wish two should be SDSM or GDSM (I'd probably pick the SDSM because other cloaks kind of suck, but it's your call). Wish three can be your weapon of choice, be it Frost Brand or Greyswandir. Wish four would be speed boots. Wish five can go ahead and be two amulets of life saving, although I'd consider a quest artifact if I could survive the blasting. No advice there since I can't remember any of the lawful ones.

Tip of the day, use wishes until the wand runs out of charges, then charge it with a BLESSED scroll. Zap it some more until it runs out again, then keep zapping it until you wrest one last charge out of it. You can get upwards of 7 wishes this way if you get really, really lucky. You're more likely to get around 4 or 5, but you're guaranteed at least 3 if you recharge and wrest that last charge out.

Another tip, always wish for "blessed fixed greased" versions of what you want.Also, if the item can be enchanted, wish for it to be +2 or +3. If it can't be enchanted, wish for 2 or 3 of the item. If you pick 3, be aware that the item then has an increased chance of arriving unenchanted or alone than if you picked 2. For example, if you want +2 gray dragon scale mail, you'd wish for "blessed fixed greased +2 gray dragon scale mail". Fixed just means corrosion-proof while greased means covered in grease. The grease probably won't matter and many things can't be corroded anyways, but it never hurts.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: March 15, 2011, 06:10:56 am »

Hey now, I've been to the Vibrating square before.

Just not, Often.

I hear Vlad has an amulet of lifesaving?

Right now I'm currently working on raising my riding skill to basic, and reaching the bottom of the mines.
(found a saddle, tamed a warhorse, who apparently thinks he's a match for the minetown priest.)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 08:26:53 am by eerr »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: March 15, 2011, 06:22:57 am »

There's an amulet of life-saving hidden in a secret closet in Vlad's Tower, as well as an amulet of strangulation, so make sure you know which one you're putting on.
Shoes...

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: March 15, 2011, 06:28:13 am »

There's an amulet of life-saving hidden in a secret closet in Vlad's Tower, as well as an amulet of strangulation, so make sure you know which one you're putting on.

There's also some nasty monsters in secret places (on Slash'em, at least)
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 128