Not even close.
- 391 (73.4%)
Almost . . . but didn't
- 26 (4.9%)
Maybe managed halfway
- 51 (9.6%)

Total Members Voted: 530

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 128

Author Topic: Nethack  (Read 175563 times)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nethack
« Reply #1215 on: August 17, 2010, 12:56:11 am »

Plenty of times. It's really a toss-up between whether it's worth trying to get a wish early and risk being killed by water demons or snakes (or having everything stolen by a nymph or whatever) or not going for a wish and waiting until you fountains are comparatively safer (but then again, you may well be dead by that point).

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: August 17, 2010, 12:57:21 am »

Screw you with a Gnome Of Death.

Anyway has anybody ever had a water demon grant them a wish?
Hey, be nice.

Yes I have gotten a wish out of one. One time out of the very, very few times I have ever gotten a water demon, and that was when I was just starting nethack and still thought a very small chance for a wish was well worth the gigantic risk (in truth, it really isn't). Even with my excessive dipping as a knight (for Excalibur), so far I have never, or extremely rarely gotten a water demon, let alone a wish.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 12:59:20 am by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: August 17, 2010, 12:59:12 am »

Screw you with a Gnome Of Death.

Anyway has anybody ever had a water demon grant them a wish?
Hey, be nice.
I was talking about how RNG loves to fuck people over with a gnome with a wand of death, I was not trying insulting anybody  :D
Anyway is there a way to up my skills through a menu?and if so how do I get to the menu?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 01:08:46 am by Dwarf mc dwarf »

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: August 17, 2010, 01:15:56 am »

Anyway is there a way to up my skills through a menu?and if so how do I get to the menu?

Type #enhance. If you don't have a skill point to spend, the list is read-only. Skills that you can improve on will have a checkbox (for Windows version).

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: August 17, 2010, 01:25:28 am »

I just found a strange newt. What's so strange about it, you ask? Oh nothing besides the fact that it was carrying two food rations. Seriously, how is that even possible? ???
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: August 17, 2010, 01:34:25 am »

I've gotten a wish from a water demon before. Nowadays I drink from fountains both for the wish and also because I've killed the water demon at level one. Instantly 1 exp shy of level 3.

Not that I abused Elbereth or anything because I totally did.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: August 17, 2010, 02:13:11 am »

I just found a strange newt. What's so strange about it, you ask? Oh nothing besides the fact that it was carrying two food rations. Seriously, how is that even possible? ???
Some idiot must have strapped food to its back.
I've gotten a wish from a water demon before. Nowadays I drink from fountains both for the wish and also because I've killed the water demon at level one. Instantly 1 exp shy of level 3.

Not that I abused Elbereth or anything because I totally did.
Water demons aren't dangerous,it's the things that they summon for help that are.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 02:18:17 am by Dwarf mc dwarf »

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: August 17, 2010, 02:23:44 am »

Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: August 17, 2010, 03:50:19 am »

I just found a "silly message" I think it is a joke about the song Horse With No Name

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: August 17, 2010, 03:58:42 am »

Here's how my game is going currently, I'll be continuing this until I die.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: August 17, 2010, 04:08:50 am »

Below is a spoiler about a spell that instantly kills

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: August 17, 2010, 04:13:17 am »

Below is a spoiler about a spell that instantly kills

Yep, you will. (Read Uses).

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: August 17, 2010, 04:37:48 am »

My knight just reached level 5 from the gnomes in the gnomish mines

Type #enhance. If you don't have a skill point to spend, the list is read-only. Skills that you can improve on will have a checkbox (for Windows version).
I am running Slashem Vampire(Vampire is the graphics) and I am level 7 and I should have 7 free slots but it isn't working,so how do I upgrade the skills on that list?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 04:59:59 am by Dwarf mc dwarf »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: August 17, 2010, 05:19:13 am »

I am running Slashem Vampire(Vampire is the graphics) and I am level 7 and I should have 7 free slots but it isn't working,so how do I upgrade the skills on that list?
Read Skills. Each time you gain a level you gain a skill slot, yes. But you can only advance in a skill if you unlock those slots. To unlock them you have to use the skill X amount of times (see the Skills page for the exact amounts).

Edit: Continuing on the last post, here's how the game is currently progressing:
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 05:54:56 am by Tarran »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: August 17, 2010, 12:32:42 pm »

Bags of any kind are invaluable for protecting you stuff. Always pick one up if you can.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 128