Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

There is nothing of worth to add here.

Nothing.
At all.
Seriously.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 105

Author Topic: To venture north, into Hell: Othtar Noloc, world at war  (Read 106542 times)

Limul Thak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: To venture north, into Hell: The saga of the demon war
« Reply #435 on: May 31, 2009, 07:57:45 pm »

Events of Limul Thak's Subconscious
As recorded later by memory by Limul Thak
Event Two

"So... how long has it been since I was knocked out?" Limul asked, bored after waiting with the TCD for what seemed like days.
"It's been all of ten minutes so far, but it may be over soon," responded the TCD, somewhat ired by Limul's ungratefulness towards its company.
"Ah."
"How long now?"
"Can we not talk about this any longer?"
Limul resigned himself, and after what seemed like a few more days he decided to start another conversation.
"So... who were you?" he asked the TCD.
"I was just a regular craftself, working a regular toil."
"Regular! You say it was
regular for your kind to make enchanted gems for dwarves!" Limul yelled, shocking himself in the process. "Gah, Armok, what was THAT!?" he swore in his subconscious.
"That was you moving in the physical plane. I'm surprised as well, seeing as your reaction was somewhat... unseemly for such a tame answer to your question," responded the TCD.
"What!? Was that voluntary or something!?" Limul screamed, jolting again.
"You'd better calm yourself, or you won't be getting out of this mess. You may shock your body apart from your subconscious, and be stuck with me for eternity." The TCD seemed almost happy with that proposal.
"No, thank you." Limul said, bluntly and honestly.
The TCD stayed quiet for a minute, then, after a short inward sigh, it said, "Understandable for one of your stature...", chuckling a bit for effect.
"DID YOU JUST MAKE A SHORT JOKE!?" Another jolt.
"Yes, as a matter of fact. I'm surprised, that took such a short time for you to-"
"SHUT! UP!" Limul shouted, feeling a larger jolt... wait, he actually felt it this time! It wasn't the knowledge of a painful jolt, it was the painful jolt itself! "Hang on, hang on..." he said, thinking as to how that had happened.
"Hm? You've noticed it too?" the TCD asked, pleased that its idea had worked.
"I'm moving! I feel myself moving, too!" Limul laughed heartily at the notion that he could wake himself up.
"Keep trying, but be careful. Too much shock, and like I said, you're stuck with me."
Slowly, Limul jolted himself, bit after bit, until he could finally feel his clothes, then his lovely axe, and then... what was its name, anyway?
"Um... TCD, is it?" he asked slowly.
"Yes?" the TCD replied.
"Err... what was your name?"
"... it was very long, so I'm not sure if you'd like to hear it," said the TCD, with a tone of nervousness and discomfort.
"Go on," said Limul, now positive he wanted to know.
"...just call me Navi for now," it conceded. "That's all I will say for now."
The shock of this answer jolted Limul again. "Oh Armok, please no," prayed Limul. "Not... not..." he could feel himself waking, his senses flaring up as if for the first time in an eternity... "Not..."

"Not Navi! Thatnameishorribleitgratesmynervesandmakesmewanttopuke!" Limul screamed in one breath, jolting upright. He looked around, gave another prayer to Armok, and layed back down as still as possible, thinking to Navi, "Now I'm kind of confused."
"Aren't your kind always confused?" responded Navi, also in Limul's thoughts.
"Not this confused."

End event two.

Sorry if this is beyond the current plot, but I wanted to wake my character up. If it helps, he's basically pretending to be unconscious, so it shouldn't hurt, but I wanted my character to... do something, so I let him wake up.
This game is so strange.
The horses have TEEN ANGST.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: May 31, 2009, 08:00:55 pm »

Kogan sat there, waiting to wake up...

Kogan, I thought I told you t' read my journal!

But pappy, I'm still unconscious, I can't yet.

Do you really think that I can come back from the dead and have a conversation with you, but you can't read a book while asleep? You're thicker than yer father was! Now get ta readin', boy!

Ironblood's crumpets, he's insufferable. Let's see what we've got here.

"Well, we had nowhere to go now. We struck into the rock about 4:00 AM last month, and we now occupy the fortress Winddimples. God knows who let Takoth name it, but whatever. We've got most of the monkeys guarding the entrance, and Kikroth is trying to train the others into a fighting force. It hasn't gone well, to say the least.

We were blessed the other day, running into both an underground river and a gold vein. We've decided to set up the well first, and are collecting charcoal for the metal needed.

...(2 weeks later, date unrecorded)
Wagon died today. We heard a pack of lions attacking the poor thing in the night. Went out this morning to try to find it, and nothing. No blood or organs whatsoever. Just some logs. Those Armok-forsaken creatures never did sit right with me. Either way, we're either blessed or cursed now, because the Dwarfen caravan arrived. About 10 migrants came with it, and a kobold. The little things're adorable, but cuteness doesn't save you when you try to steal my hand-crafted tables."

Gods... maybe I could just skip to the--

I said read, dammit!
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Limul Thak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: May 31, 2009, 08:11:53 pm »

Events of Limul Thak's "Unconsciousness":
recorded by Limul Thak by memory
Event Three

"Do you want to talk about what you just saw?" Navi asked.
"Nah. Best to lay here and wait some more, make sure I'm not going to die."
"That makes sense. If I were alive, I'd try to avoid death just as much."
"Just a few more minutes," he said, straining his ears for any noises he may have misheard or simply not have heard.
"Want me to tell a story for you?" Navi asked hopefully.
"No."
"Too bad. It all started back when..." Navi's voice slowly faded.

"Heh," Limul chortled, "It's like he said after all. I don't have to listen ALL of the time... heheheheh..."

End event three.

Where are they? Who's there? Are they moving? I'm not answering any of those questions. Best to let the plot decide that. ;)
This game is so strange.

Vilien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 31, 2009, 08:25:15 pm »

Too much reading, not enough pictures.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 31, 2009, 08:31:47 pm »

The dwarves have been unconscious for several days. Coincidentally, my computer has been infuriatingly slow for several days. If I'm lucky, that'll be fixed soon and I can update.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: May 31, 2009, 08:32:31 pm »

Le sigh.

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
« Reply #441 on: June 01, 2009, 10:49:45 am »

The dwarves have been unconscious for several days. Coincidentally, my computer has been infuriatingly slow for several days. If I'm lucky, that'll be fixed soon and I can update.

Wiggle the cursor! Turn it off and on again! Ctrl-Alt-Dlt! Alt-Tab! Restart! Clean the gunk outta the mouse!
I grow old … I grow old …
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.
- T.S Eliot

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
« Reply #442 on: June 01, 2009, 04:25:02 pm »

If Kogan can read a book while unconcious, I can finish my gauntlet while unconcious!  :P

Seriously, I'm freaking out. What exactly is wrong with your computer?
- T.S Eliot

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: June 01, 2009, 06:01:50 pm »

The internet's slow. Also, I caught something and am writing this half blind, in bed. I'm not having a good week. Sorry. Since I'm home with nothing to do, I'm working furiously on an update, don't worry.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 01, 2009, 06:22:25 pm »

I know you all hate it when I do this but images to be added later because the real problem with updating is imageshack and the couple of hours it takes to upload the images. Sorry again.

Unknown

Bromrek woke first. He had a huge headache and his vision faded in and out of focus , but his hearing was fine and he could hear what was being said some six feet away.
“Seven days they’ve been unconscious. How do we know that they’ll recover? We’re almost there.”
“They’ll be fine. They’ve been showing some signs of life. And if they don’t wake up, we chuck them over the side.”
“They’re worth too much. Do not let your hotheadedness get the better of you. Don’t forget what they did to the mercenary band we hired.”
“Those men were unprepared fools. Well, even if they do die, we have their gear. That crossbow must be worth a fortune!”
“Yes. That was a stroke of luck. But still, keep the prisoners alive. A dead slave goes for far less than a live one.”
“Too bad we had to kill so many of them.”
“Well, we needed the food and water. And besides, fish have to eat.”
The voices chuckled and walked off. Bromrek could hear the sound of a door slamming shut, followed by the click of a lock. Oh man, what happened? His head hurt so much it felt like the room was rocking. Wait, hang on. The room was rocking. That was… strange. Bromrek rolled over and fell out of his hammock with a thunk. Okay. Where am I? He took stock of his surroundings as his vision returned to normal and the headache faded slowly. He was in a large square room of wood, dressed in only rags. Around him on the walls, dwarves slept. He staggered over a round window set in the wall looked out and was greeted with a spray of seawater.

(Your character is there. They’re bunk hammocks)

Okay. He was on a boat. He turned to scan the bunks and saw Workerdrone snoring away loudly. He ran over and tapped him on the shoulder. When this failed to work he shouted at him to get up. This also failed. He resorted to punching him in the shoulder. Workerdrone fell out of his bed with a yelp. In a few minutes, everyone was up and milling about, some more affected by the headaches than others.
“Okay, where the hell are we?” asked Workerdrone, rubbing his head.
“On a ship, genius,” grumbled Kogan.
“I know that,” said Workerdrone, annoyed. “I mean, what ship? And why?”
Bromrek cleared his throat.
“We’ve been captured sir. I overheard two humans discussing it. We’re meant to be slaves.”
Slaves?” said Workerdrone. “I’ll see everyone else dead before I become a slave.”
The dwarves tried to imagine Workerdrone as a slave, serving someone else. Their headaches redoubled.
“This is bad. Were is everyone else? We had more men than this,” asked Bardbeard
“They dumped some over the side to conserve food and water,” replied Bromrek. “they’re dead.”
The dwarves were silent and solemn for a few minutes. Then they looked up, resolve strengthened.
“Why did they leave us untied?” asked Bardbeard. “Can they be that naďve about dwarves?”
“Evidently,” replied Barbarossa. “So, here’s what we do…”

Barbarossa knocked loudly on the door.
“Open up, you incest loving sons of dogs! We’re hungry!”
He heard a growl on the other side of the door and the sound of a key turning. He turned and nodded at Labs, the most experienced wrestler in the group. The door opened. Labs quickly assessed the threat, a tall pale human with a bushy mustache. He had a sword in it’s scabbard and a dirk sticking out of the top of his pocket. Most importantly, his groin was in line with Labs’ fist. The obvious occurred.

(I can’t believe I actually managed to fit a testicular punch in)

As the human went down silently, Limul drew the dirk from his pocket whilst Tamunshin drew the sword. He quickly killed the guard and they moved into the area ahead. The guard in the next room opened his mouth and struggled to get his sword out. The dirk caught him in the throat and he went down. There were two humans, armed but not guards, fiddling with Oldbeard’s crossbow in the corner. They turned and had their heads loped off in quick succession. A cursory check of the room revealed a enormous chest which, upon further inspection, contained all of the dwarves armor and weapons.
“That… seems… unlikely.” said Quote.
“Unlikely or not, they’re here, aren’t they?” said Workerdrone, drawing his twin axes from the mess. “Suit up boys! These bastards are going down!”
Everyone got their weapons and armor together.
“Hatch locked!” called Kogan.
“As if that’s a problem,” scoffed Bromrek. He turned to Oldbeard.
“Oldbeard!”
“What?”
“Grab your hotshot and blow open the hatch!”
“All right, all right, I’m coming.”
Oldbeard walked slowly up to the hatch, aimed his bow at it and depressed the trigger.
The hatch exploded outwards.
“Go?” inquired Ryan.
“Go,” confirmed Kogan.
The dwarves charged out onto the deck. Immediately, they came under fire from several bowmen. Dwarves dropped, but the majority made it through and managed to return fire, forcing the bowmen back. Kogan quickly scanned the ship. He was on the front part of the ship, he couldn’t recall the name of it right now, and the humans seemed to have retreated to… was it the poop deck? They were at the back of the ship and had moved back into the cabin, leaving two bowmen, half-heartedly exchanging shots with the dwarves. They were quickly brought down. The dwarves took a minute to get their breath back. Behind them was two sets of stairs, leading up but the area above was obviously empty.

(Yes Oldbeard, I’m sorry)

“Okay, now we–” began Kogan.
Zwing!
The dwarf next to him caught the arrow in the throat and dropped like a sack of potatoes.
“Damn. Take the cabin lads!” roared Barbarossa. Workerdrone complied immediately, followed by the rest of the lads, now several dwarves short and extremely pissed off as a result. Workerdrone kicked the door down and they blew through the area like a hurricane, killing everyone inside. Kogan managed to merely wound one of them and dragged him outside.
“How many others are there?” he roared.
“None,” spat the human bitterly. “You have killed everyone, you scum.”
“Where are we headed then?” he asked.
“For my homeland, which we’ve just sighted. I can take you back if you promise to spare my life.”
Workerdrone loomed over the two.
“What’s this? C’mon Kogan, don’t tell me you forgot how to kill someone!” he laughed. He stabbed the human through the head.

(So there would have been more pictures but what with the update droop, I just went ‘sod it, I’m putting it up)

“Damn it Olon!” roared Kogan. “We needed him to get back!”
“Well how hard is it to drive a ship?” asked Workerdrone. Kogan stood.
“Raise your hand if you know how to drive a ship?” he called. No hands were raised. He looked at Workerdrone.
“At the very least can we make it to that landmass?” Workerdrone asked, pointing out the window.
If we don’t scuttle the ship by accident and if we don’t just run aground then we seem to be heading in that direction, yes,” replied Kogan.
“And what about that ship?” pointed Bardbeard.
“What?” Kogan spun round. There was a very large ship coming towards them. Fast. In fact, it was already puling up along side them. Shit.
The boat quickly pulled up along side theirs but the humans on board were flying a white flag of peace, indicating they weren’t carrying any weapons. A man shouted out from the boat.
“May we board?”
The dwarves went into discussion. They decided that since the humans were the only people who could conceivably get them to shore, they could.
“Aye!” called Kogan. The human smiled and dropped a plank between the ships, crossing quickly. He noticed Walter, uttered a soft “ah” and walked up to him. He stuck his hand out.
“Papers please,” he said.
“What?” replied Walter.
“Papers,” the man insisted. “Do you not have your papers?”
“We’re… not from around here,” said Walter. The human looked around and noticed the dead bodies.
“Ah,” uttered the human once more. “You took this ship by force?”
“These were slavers,” said Kogan. The human looked down at him. “They had captured us. We killed them.”
“Ah,” once again. “Will you be keeping this ship?”
“You mean you don’t mind?”
“No, its salvage law. If you’re a slave and you manage to take your captors ship, it’s your ship and you’re officially a free man. Well, dwarf.”
“Oh… Kay. Well, no, we didn’t want this ship. In fact, is it possible you could give us a ride back to our nation?”
“Your… Oh, that place. I’m afraid not. The area is a high risk zone and I’ll not risk my ship or crew. I think this was the last slaver expedition to there. Quite apart from the fact that the place is extremely difficult to land on, the place is totally devoid of slaves and any expedition to the south of the coast is repulsed. But, I can give your men a lift back to the mainland.”
He pointed at the landmass. The dwarves looked at each other. Barbarossa nodded. Before crossing the plank, Oldbeard engaged in some furious discussion with Barbarossa. Barbarossa nodded, grudgingly, and Oldbeard ran down the stairs into the hold of the ship, followed by Bromrek. They came up with two barrels each and rolled them on board the ship. Oldbeard and Bromrek looked back at the ship, loaded a bolt each, and fired in unison. The shimmering superheated balls of metal hit the ship, which caught fire.
“You really didn’t want this ship, did you?” said the human as their ship pulled away.
“Not really, no,” replied Kogan.
There were quite a long way away from the ship when it exploded.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 05:57:49 am by Jackrabbit »

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
« Reply #445 on: June 01, 2009, 07:15:15 pm »

Very cool.  ;D

Out of curiousity, how far is this story planned ahead?  :P

The internet's slow. Also, I caught something and am writing this half blind, in bed. I'm not having a good week. Sorry. Since I'm home with nothing to do, I'm working furiously on an update, don't worry.

Hurrah! As long as you're ill, we get more stories!

Seriously, hard luck, man. I hope you get better soon.
- T.S Eliot

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 01, 2009, 07:18:04 pm »

Thanks! As to how far ahead the story is planned, I have a vague idea of where it's gonna go but normally I only plan out the next couple of updates in advance. This story really does write itself. I do know how I'm gonna finish it but it's liable to change. I think, however, I may write a sequel or just continue writing a new story after this one, depending on how it goes.

Limul Thak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 01, 2009, 07:50:41 pm »

Limul Thak's Journal

Well, I may be too drunk or not drunk enough. I'm not sure how it works anymore... I've got an elf in my head, and he won't shut up.

"I'd shut up if you asked nicely."
"Shut. Up!"

Anyways, apparently I'm related to an elf, and-

"Really? How intriguing..."

... right. Anyways, and I've got an elf in my head. I must be the craziest dwarf in this joint.

"As crazy as Oldbeard?"
"Not as crazy as Oldbeard. No one's as crazy as Oldbeard."

So-

"Why didn't you tell them you were awake?"
"First, I didn't want to take the fall for our situation. Secondly, what if I had screwed everything up? Best to lay low until..."
"Until?"
"Never you mind, "Navi". Blegh, why "Navi"?"
"You may find out some day."
"It looks like we both have our secrets."
"Quite."

So I've been thinking-

"You have elven blood? That explains the grammar and spelling, and punctu-"

Got to go again. I may get a good journal in someday.

"Can we not talk about this any..." [thoughts fade into background]

~LT

So yes, journals will be getting hectic now. ;D
This game is so strange.

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
« Reply #448 on: June 01, 2009, 08:55:08 pm »

At some point, when we're fighting elephants, you will throw Navi at an elephant in desperation.
The spinnig crystal will strike the elephant's lower body. It will be run through and the elephant will be struck down, collapsing in front of you, Navi rolling neatly back to your feet. Then you'll say " That still only counts as one."

Then, and only then will I be fullfilled.
- T.S Eliot

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 02, 2009, 03:10:43 am »

Oldbeard's journal: Bah, slavers. It's a stupid human idea it is. No self-respecting dwarf would ever support the idea of slavery! In fact, I'm pretty sure the price for that is execution..... Anyway's some pitiful goblin-loving humans tried to enslave us, well we showed them! Which reminds me; I've been a slave a couple of times and the only remainder of them left is quite a lot of heavily scorched ground and some scars on my back.

Too bad I could only get away with two barrels of the new batch, but at least the remainders weren't wasted. Heheheheh....

Some other humans are giving us a lift to the mainland on their ship. I really hate human ships, made of weak wood, powered by the capricious wind, filled with rats and this rather odd musty smell; I can't think of anything to recommend them. In fact, I'm gonna go complain to the captain right now!
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 105