Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

There is nothing of worth to add here.

Nothing.
At all.
Seriously.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 105

Author Topic: To venture north, into Hell: Othtar Noloc, world at war  (Read 106517 times)

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
Re: To venture north, into Hell: The saga of the demon war
« Reply #420 on: May 30, 2009, 10:09:31 am »

Labs' Dream:

Labs is swimming in a prestine ocean and frollicking with the fish. He was riding a saltwater carp(It's a dream, I know they dont exist) when a great tentacle demon rose from the ocean. Labs called a mighty shark to his aid, a shortfin mako the size of a bus. The battle raged for hours and Labs laughed maniacally as the shark tore off tentacles left and right. Just then the demon frabbed hold of the shark and tore it in two. Labs was terrified as the demon picked him up and crushed him. All went dark once more.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 30, 2009, 10:28:02 am »

The Inner Workings of WorkerDrone.

Well. This is it than. I always thought I'd go down with an axe firmly planted in the skull of whoever killed me, or someone I hated greatly. I would have settled for either.

I suppose, there's just ONE thing that I should have done when I got drunk all those years ago with that dwarf...was it uh...Truebasements? I forget. Either way, I should have told him I'm not really his son. The stupid drunk bastard handed over every gold piece he had before stumbling out so I wouldn't mention that ever again, and fled westward in great fright.

Seriously, if this idiotic Dwarf was stupid enough to believe random dwarf in a fortress was his son just because he slept around with a few gals back at some Mountainhome or another, he must not even know who is real son is.

I can't believe this is still troubling me after so many years, but everyone kept confusing me with that...other adventurer, that I just went into hiding for a few hundred years. I couldn't peacefully slaughter countless greenskins and the occasional elf with all those dumb bastards botherin' me with those stupid tales and legends.

I don't even know who my damn mother is...so it all comes out now, eh Olon? You regret not knowing your mother...

Nah. I REGRET not grabbing an extra ration of rum before leaving the Mountainhomes. I regret not telling that Truebasement with me not to bother me with past mistakes. So I tricked his old man into paying for my stay at that one Mountainhall.

I also regret not learning how to read. Oh, and if I'm about to die, I might as well clear the air with myself, I regret not staying with any girl for more than a few weeks. There I said it. Now I can die in relative peace.

Or at least rise from the grave and-oh hey...looks like I'm...waking up. Time for some blood to be spilled than.

Vilien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 30, 2009, 10:46:54 am »

The Thoughts of Vilien (Vol. I); a to-be-regularly-put-out publication:
Kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdLmKHgXPjQ

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 30, 2009, 11:18:09 am »

Now come the comments as to how WorkerDrone can make journal entries but can't read.

The answer is, he has someone write for him.

:P

Limul Thak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 30, 2009, 11:55:33 am »

Events of Limul Thak's unconsciousness
As recorded by Limul Thak from memory after waking up

There was a blinding light, then darkness. All darkness. Then... then a red beacon lit in his subconscious. A kind of red, as if red could get sick and die... but this red was no longer dead.

"Wha-"
"Shh," said a hissing, mystical, nigh-elven voice in a low tone.
"O-okay."
"Are you frightened?" asked the floating stylus-crystal.
"Not really. I mean, you could have appeared in my mind as a slobbering beast, a tempting seductress, or-"
"Okay, not frightened, good."
"So... what IS going on?"
"Well, I was, up until approximately a week ago, a transspace communication device."
"A what?"
"A crystal that can be tuned into other crystals' owners, and then any voices nearby are relayed back and forth. I was forged by an elf, like all transspace communication devices are, and this elf no longer lives. A goblin shot him in his toiling, and so his soul is now in the only tuned crystal left.
"Why is this one tuned, and not the others?"
"They all died and no living beings are nearby that think hard enough to tune them back in. As you can imagine, the goblin hordes are incapable of tuning them."
"So... the elf is now in my possession?" asked Limul in a hopeful tone.
"...kind of. His soul has empowered me with his wisdom and knowledge, but his personality is beyond the veil of death."
"Am I stuck with this elven chatter until I toss the crystal, then?"
"Only when you need me for something."
Limul thought for a while, and finally said, "I can live with that. So, what happened?"
"You were knocked unconscious."
"I already see that."
"Well, I'm not omniscient nor omnipotent, so that's all I know."
"Why did I tune you?"
"You've been formulating your thoughts while holding me for nearly a week; it was only a matter of time before I awoke."
Limul relaxed a bit, then immediately tensed again as he asked, "Is my axe okay?"
"Of course it is. It's still in your possession, as am I. Once you lose me, though, I can't communicate with you any longer until we reunite."
"Hmm... is Oldbeard going to want you back?"
"Let's hope not. I had to tune myself back out multiple times to avoid being flooded with his ramblings and exploding."
"Even an objective mystical nigh-omniscient artifact can't stand Oldbeard's talk?"
"Not even."

End event one; there may be a second one, provided I have time before they wake up.

Seeing as Oldbeard had yet to take the crystal back, Limul kept it for his journals, and now it's stuck in his mind like an elven (and much less annoying) version of Navi from Ocarina of Time.
This game is so strange.
The horses have TEEN ANGST.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 30, 2009, 12:04:20 pm »

Oldbeard is prone to bursts of senility, so don't count on him wanting it back.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
« Reply #426 on: May 30, 2009, 01:00:40 pm »

Hey! Listen! Hey! Listen! Hey! Listen! Hey! Listen! Hey! Listen! Hey! Listen! Hey! Listen! Hey! Listen! Hey! Listen! Hey! Listen! Hey! Listen! Hey! Listen! Hey! Listen! Hey! Listen! Hey! Listen! Hey! Listen! Hey! Listen! Hey! Listen! Hey! Listen! Hey! Listen! Hey! Listen! Hey! Listen! Hey! Listen! Hey! Listen! Hey! Listen! Hey! Listen! Hey! Listen!

Sorry, couldn't resist.
I grow old … I grow old …
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.
- T.S Eliot

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 30, 2009, 01:06:03 pm »

Oldbeard's response:

Eh!? What!? Eh!? What!? Eh!? What!? Eh!? What!? Eh!? What!? Eh!? What!? Eh!? What!? Eh!? What!? Eh!? What!? Eh!? What!? Eh!? What!? Eh!? What!? Eh!? What!? Eh!? What!? Eh!? What!? Eh!? What!? Eh!? What!? Eh!? What!? Eh!? What!? Eh!? What!? Eh!? What!? Eh!? What!? Eh!? What!? Eh!? What!? Eh!? What!? Eh!? What!? Eh!? What!? Eh!? What!? Eh!? What!? Eh!? What!? Eh!? What!?
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
« Reply #428 on: May 30, 2009, 03:19:15 pm »

I think you should do Oldbeard stories in between Jackrabbit's updates. It would keep us amused and give you a chance to flesh out your character.
- T.S Eliot

Limul Thak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 30, 2009, 05:34:06 pm »

Eh!? What!? :P

That would be neat, though, if we could get Oldbeard stories in as well. Maybe some Limul Thak stories...? ::)
This game is so strange.
The horses have TEEN ANGST.

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
« Reply #430 on: May 30, 2009, 05:58:06 pm »

Eh!? What!? :P

That would be neat, though, if we could get Oldbeard stories in as well. Maybe some Limul Thak stories...? ::)

Well it's your character. If you feel like it, go for it. I don't think Jackrabbit would care if they don't interupt the story. Or fuck the canon. I.e: It'd be unreasonable that a story in the past have black powder weapons.
- T.S Eliot

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 30, 2009, 06:33:30 pm »

I'm fine with story posts in between updates certainly, but they aren't canon unless I consider them canon. I'll tell you when I consider them canon.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 30, 2009, 09:25:12 pm »

All right. I was doing mine to flesh out Kogan's backstory, hopefully lead to a crescendo with WorderDrone, and give the story of Winddimples a slightly happier ending note.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: May 30, 2009, 10:30:49 pm »

I was gonna bring in Dash Gunmetal as a backstory character in the war on an emotion with hotdogs and macaroni and cheese.

But hey, no guns no Dash.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
« Reply #434 on: May 31, 2009, 07:20:26 pm »

Terminator movie marathon on RTE have me in a robot sodier mood.
What'd you think of using the guardians from the "Civilization Forge" mod?

Furthermore, I would ask that my character take some part in the next update.  :P

- T.S Eliot
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 105