Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29

Author Topic: Lame artifacts!  (Read 56124 times)

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lame artifacts!
« Reply #330 on: August 28, 2010, 09:49:04 pm »

I just got a bone buckler worth only 1680.  It doesn't even have spikes!  Or any decoration.  The dwarf used up steel, a log, stone blocks, and bloodstone, none of which show up in the description.  Hopefully it will protect better than a regular bone buckler...

Decorations on bone artifacts are bugged in .12

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 29, 2010, 12:39:13 am »

Controlpeaks the Persuasive Rip, a donkey leather flute.
"There's no way I'm putting that in my mouth!"
"C'mon, it's a flute!  Um... a leather flute!
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Gutanoth

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:ILLUSIONS OF GRANDEUR]
    • View Profile
    • Umomushil - the fortress of dark Ice, an overlord list compliant fort
« Reply #332 on: August 31, 2010, 05:37:13 pm »

In my new fortress I got and artefact, impressively enough named, cleansespirit the messianic arms. It was a gold barrel, with bands of gold, suitably enough.
now this may sound useless, but I just couldn't stop looking at it. soon enough it became my favourite artefact of all my dwarven antics. (I rarely reach adamantine before i restart the fort)

just a question. is it possible for ANYTHING to be made, provided its connected to the profession like a leather spear or would the raws not allow it?
Look at what a totally original signature this is.

Spectre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 01, 2010, 04:58:09 am »

It is. artefacts dont check for something like that. So you can get a silk anvil if you are lucky.

Also, it is possible to make gold barrels at the forge :P

jerank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 01, 2010, 07:06:31 am »

After several years of things like felsite earrings and oaken floodgates, I got rather lucky. First a jeweler went fey and made a ruby table worth nearly a million dwarven coins, then a blacksmith went fey and made an adamantine shield worth nearly ten million. I stopped sighing whenever dwarves went moody after that.

Zaik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 01, 2010, 10:21:41 am »

I just got this one.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

three pieces of raw adamantine for a dumb bracelet.

It was pretty cool that it included history from one of my other forts in it, and it is apparently worth 1,234,800 dwarf thingers, but still, three pieces for a useless bracelet :(

Edit: Whoops, Raysbooks is actually my fort now, i've been through so many lately i forget which is which.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 10:25:38 am by Zaik »
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Mountain-King

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 01, 2010, 01:49:48 pm »

I'll just leave this here.
It's a sword made of dwarf bone. It doesn't even matter that it's useless.

Get it with a goblin adventurer and use it to kill dwarves.

Gutanoth

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:ILLUSIONS OF GRANDEUR]
    • View Profile
    • Umomushil - the fortress of dark Ice, an overlord list compliant fort
« Reply #337 on: September 02, 2010, 10:31:04 am »

i know you can make gold barrels at the forge, its just something about this one made me fascinated with it, i have no idea why. I was going to make loads of gold barrels had  not abandoned that fort after a fey mood glassmaker gone beserk.( i dont like failing to fullfil moods)
Look at what a totally original signature this is.

Kregoth

• Bay Watcher
  • I had an army of cats once. guess what happened?
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 02, 2010, 02:01:00 pm »

most expensive artifact yet... and most useless, well until a patch comes out to fix it.

He even bothered to mark an image of itself in the same material lol.
Your not playing Dwarf Fortress right if you don't see a message saying a Kitten (tame) had died in some horrible manner over and over again.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 03, 2010, 02:06:00 am »

I just started a new fort today, and got my first strange mood.  And on the 1st of Timber 1051 (default world gen settings ;)) Sodel Vucarlilum, Accomplished Armorer, completes his amazing construction ...

I wouldn't mind so much, but the idiot got possessed.   >:(
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

cog disso

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress: Hatchetminds
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 03, 2010, 02:40:58 am »

Tonight resulted in an alder bracelet, which was the most stupendously detailed one I've had so far. Covered in green glass jewels (Laboredanus has no natural jewels AND no magma... yeesh...), it had engravings of every kind of tree in the area, as well as a detailed engraving of the recent goblin siege.

Still, it was worth less than 10,000.
Urist McShrodinger likes unobservable properties for their haunting implications.

Dorf3000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 03, 2010, 03:03:14 am »

Controlpeaks the Persuasive Rip, a donkey leather flute.
"There's no way I'm putting that in my mouth!"
"C'mon, it's a flute!  Um... a leather flute!

"What is that lump hanging near the end?  Is that... is that...? Oh Armok."   *vomits*
I had a tigerman get elected mayor and he promptly mandated 3 bowls of cereal.

m1k3y4e7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 03, 2010, 03:07:39 am »

I once dug up two diamonds in swift succession, and you can imagine my joy, them things are expensive.

only to have a possessed dwarf use them both on a soap piccolo.
*facepalm*
If I had a monkey, I would borrow my moms sewing machine and make my monkey a little monkey suit. Then if anyone said "Thats not a real monkey, it's just a monkey suit, I can see the zipper", I could say "I bet you fifty dollars it is a real monkey" and when they said "that seems like a reasonable bet, you are on", my monkey would take off the monkey suit and they would have to pay me fifty dollars.

Shagomir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 03, 2010, 05:00:46 am »

I had a fort where the first artifact was an iron figurine of a donkey or some such.... ugh Maybe 5-10k Dwarfbucks, I don't remember. It was worthless. "Ok," I say, "it's just one bad artifact, the next one can't suck that bad right?"

One season later, new strange mood! This is my carpenter/woodcrafter, so I am hoping for some furniture. What do I get? A wooden mug, with an image of the donkey figurine in donkey leather. Sweet. You guys love that donkey so much you're making COLLECTIBLE ARTIFACT SOUVENIER MUGS.

I flooded the fort with liquid hot magma and started over.
Take a look at my fancy North America Worldgen!

Golcondio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 07, 2010, 04:21:53 pm »

My stonecrafter had the brilliant idea to make a raw adamantine BRACELET... It's adorned with tower-cap and a few gems, blah blah.

It's got an image of a SOCK, in aquamarine.

Worth 1 million dwarfbux! Dunno if to laugh or to cry...

EDIT: I savescummed and got another artifact, same name, same value, same type (craft) but this time is a figurine of a random kobold thief my military decapitated, with much more interesting decorations... i guess i'll keep it!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 04:32:24 pm by Golcondio »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29