Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Dinosaurs  (Read 14154 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Dinosaurs
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2009, 06:14:50 pm »

I think [LARGE PREDATOR] is the tag that makes adventurers get ambushed.  Think it also makes them more aggressive in dwarf mode.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2009, 07:06:16 am »

I added pictures, and a few more creatures. Anything else that should be added?

EDIT: Bug report. Trexs are for some reason only their tail and nothing else. While it is moderatly amusing to fight a giant floating tail, how do I remedy this?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 07:21:18 am by Onlyhestands »
What if you didn't have any genitals, couldn't you just go naked as a dude (because showing your nipples is okay)?
What if monkeys created civilizations on the moon?

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2009, 09:29:01 am »

EDIT: Bug report. Trexs are for some reason only their tail and nothing else. While it is moderatly amusing to fight a giant floating tail, how do I remedy this?

Check your error log. It's likely that the tags got messed up somewhere and it isn't finding them correctly.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2009, 09:35:46 am »

Check your error log. It's likely that the tags got messed up somewhere and it isn't finding them correctly.

I fixed the T-Rex problem. However, for some reason, I have never seen either type of raptor show up in the game, now even in legends.
What if you didn't have any genitals, couldn't you just go naked as a dude (because showing your nipples is okay)?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2009, 02:19:25 pm »

I was gunna say that the [CREATURE:] name was in lowercase which I thought always needed to be capitalized, then I noticed all the others are lowercase too, and they work, so that throws out that theory. PS: It was assumed all spaces need to be replaced by underscores too... but if the duckbill is working that also isn't true.  You are tearing apart my entire belief system!

Lesse... the raptor's secondary attack is misspelled (should be SECOND not SECOUND) but that should not prevent them from appearing...hmm.

I'm assuming these are all in one txt file? If not maybe the header or filename or something is off, I don't spot anything that would make them not appear in the raw itself. Considering those things aren't causing problems in the others.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 02:30:17 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2009, 05:33:44 pm »

I found the problem. I had [LARGE_PREDATOR] but I forgot to give them the [LARGE_ROAMING] tag as well ::)

Also:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 06:00:36 pm by Onlyhestands »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2009, 09:42:26 pm »

I possess a certain fondness for Ankylosaurs. Just give them a bludgeoning tail attack that can break anything with a single blow, crazy damblock, and spare armour body parts in every place they will fit, and make them harmless until some hunter feels lucky and I will be happy... To be fair they are probably a touch on the slow side...

Also they should float...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2009, 07:27:17 am »

I added Ankylosaurus and did some bug fixes on all the creatures.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2009, 08:34:43 am »

Woohoo! Thanks!
Gah, *sighs*, now I am going to have to include this, hmmm, where did I leave the part of my brain that knows about modding... Hmmm, right, found it. Get file, insert text, should work...

Hmmm, I was just thinkging about how wmbarassingly small some of these dinosaurs are, but then I realised, DF camels are HUGE!!!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Darekun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2009, 07:18:43 pm »

...The dire raptors have no terrible claws. That's just wrong :P

I did three of my own raptor species - there are actually raptors the size of "dire raptors", it's just that velociraptors aren't among them :J They're all pet-capable, and [VERMINHUNTER] and/or [trAINABLE].
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And, I am so using some of these, good job :)

EDIT: Whups, now there's relevant entries for the body file.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 02:48:16 am by Darekun »
Darekun likes iron, cobalt, alicorn, cut gems, elves for their comparative advantage, and goblins for being an iron-bearing ore. When possible, she prefers to consume tea, cow meat, and Bacon Salt. She absolutely detests pasture creatures.

TerminatorII

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Adamantine Skeleton]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2009, 11:28:27 pm »

Really people, just save all your custom animals in a .TXT file and upload to DFFD then link to it. IT is very time consuming and dificult to copy them line for line onto a .txt to use them.
No, I think the cook would be in charge of sugar-coating the cows.

You are a lifesaver! Round and probably in tropical flavors.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2009, 06:49:49 pm »

I'm not gunna go to DFFD to download something until I see what I'm getting. Even if it's a little txt file I don't want 100 different files complicating my folders. 

If you had to download the files separately every time somebody wanted to show off a raw or ask for help nobody would look at them.

Its copy/paste, not rocket science.

P.S. Hell after checking You can just copy the entire damn forum post directly into a raw file and it will work perfectly (you will have to add the proper headers and move the body entries to a new file but you would have to do that with the everything in a txt file on DFFD method anyway.).  Everything not in brackets is commented out.

P.S. 2   If he was releasing something he knew worked perfectly and was perfectly tested yes, add a link to a zip with the properly set up raw files.  If yer posting something untested which could change quite often there is no point in uploading 100 diffrent versions of the same file to the File Depot.  That is confusing and probably dosn't help the File Depot either.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 07:06:49 pm by Greiger »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2009, 09:51:20 pm »

Also it is nice to have them presented individually, it allows you to choose what to add without having to go through a whole file, but having both options would be nice. A working file that can replace the existing one for people who don't want/know how to edit a text file, and the individual snippets for people who just want a tyrannosaurus rex to turn up from time to time to put in their elf chamber...

Hmmm, to stay on topic... I think there were some quite impressive crocodiles and sharks around then, but they are not really dinosaurs... What were those dolphiny things called?
Read the First Post!

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2009, 03:21:41 am »

Woah, by Duck-bills, I hopes you mean it as a general gruop, there were many different duck-bills and the correct name for them is Hadrosaurs
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2009, 07:32:15 am »

Woah, by Duck-bills, I hopes you mean it as a general gruop, there were many different duck-bills and the correct name for them is Hadrosaurs

Yeah, its more reconizable than Hadrosaur
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5