Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: What the hell happened to this cave?...  (Read 3157 times)

Nerserus

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
What the hell happened to this cave?...
« on: April 12, 2009, 06:51:05 am »

Dude! This cave is inhabited not only by a Giant and a bunch of Trogoldytes, but, it also has:

Conepirni, Alligator (Current Resident(?))
Lithrushborush, Cougar (WILD ANIMAL!?)
Nethithanmife, Wolf (Wild Animal)

Appearently the creatures that killed me in adventure mode are having a party, and my dwarves are not invited. The funny thing is: There are TONS of corpses of OTHER creatures that killed me in adventure mode (mainly alligators for some awkward reason) so...What the hell happened here? do creatures that become "famous" hide in caves like everything else?

EDIT: HOLY HELL, the alligator has a wound on EVERY part of his body, and the giant is missing limbs...What the hell is going on?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 06:56:24 am by Nerserus »
stack of 10 prepared dragonfly brains - I'm trying to imagine what's more funny: a dwarf popping a tiny dragonfly brain into his mouth for a snack, the butcher who actually prepared this feast, or the brave hunter who ventured out into the wilderness and returned with this bounty.

Wahad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What the hell happened to this cave?...
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 07:06:26 am »

...dude, that's awesome.

Teferi

• Bay Watcher
  • Planeswalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 07:20:02 am »

apparently, you did some damage before dieing.
I think it'd be better to just throw him in a pit.
By pit I mean "ledge designated as pit some 30 levels above the ground water magma" and that would,as they say be the end of that.
Unless a sword/axedwarf gets to 'em.. then it's rhesus pieces...

Nerserus

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 07:31:04 am »

Well, i chased after the cougar and wolf, we hacked them to pieces ( though there were some nasty wounds on both sides of that match up ) we then went after the alligator Coneprini, damn, he was BADASS, he ripped one recruit to pieces ( he survived, though i wouldn't call surviving that attack "lucky") the recruits surrounded him and bashed him all they could, he was pretty much blind, but the alligator JUST WOULDN'T DIE!, he was throwing them off and biting them, and for some reason was probably the most AWESOME alligator in the history of the world, his race must be very proud indeed.
Shame i had to put him down, gave it a good fight, i still want to know what the hell they were all doing there though...
stack of 10 prepared dragonfly brains - I'm trying to imagine what's more funny: a dwarf popping a tiny dragonfly brain into his mouth for a snack, the butcher who actually prepared this feast, or the brave hunter who ventured out into the wilderness and returned with this bounty.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 09:45:19 am »

Epic moments in DF...thankfully they are not very rare in this game.  8)
[This is movie material by the way!  ;)]

Nerserus

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 09:53:31 am »

Incidentally i recorded it, maybe i'll upload it later, but damn it was awesome as all hell!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2009, 09:56:19 am »

After killing adventurers, animals are considered noteworthy and thus do things noteworthy creatures do. Such as hide in caves and terrorize locals. One could even create adventurers made to die so more noteworthy creatures are out there to be killed by skilled adventurers.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Nerserus

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2009, 10:00:14 am »

Still, it doesn't explain why on gods earth that alligator kicked everyone to hell and back, he was blind for gods sake!

I may make him a temple later but that depends on if i can be bothered hehehehe...
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 10:09:04 am by Nerserus »

SnorriMabdugkosak

• Bay Watcher
  • Biban Deler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2009, 11:30:57 am »

That shows what solid determination can do. He must have really hated dwarfs. ;D
"Get rid of that wine, beer, rum, and all that damn human and elven brews... Ale! We shall live and thrive on ale and ale alone!!!"
-"Snorri Mabdugkosak" Uberdwarf, inspiring his dwarfs during the Beverage Cleansing in Rashgeshud, Ewéathira in 144.

"The problem of Elven children is best solved with strangulation."
-Kogsak Maggotkiller, adventurer.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2009, 11:53:33 am »

Alas, world-gen battles take into account no injuries or disabilities. We are not quite sure what they take into account really.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2009, 05:28:31 am »

Incidentally i recorded it, maybe i'll upload it later, but damn it was awesome as all hell!

Well, don't hesitate too much, just upload it.  :D

Eviltyphoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2009, 05:56:49 am »

I may make him a temple later but that depends on if i can be bothered hehehehe...

You should put his bones on a safe place, and the next time a mood requires bones give em those so you can put whatever the mood makes in the temple  :D
"If you can't build a tower upon a sheer cliff face over which you may throw precisely one hundred and fifty-two kittens and seven stalwart dwarves to their explosive doom some fifty stories below, then brother, your game ain't much of a sandbox, is it?"

Nerserus

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2009, 06:17:43 am »

Well, don't hesitate too much, just upload it.  :D

I will when i figure out how, hehehe...I'll get round to it :)

EDIT:I did indeed record it, but i forgot to save it :( i may as well try to make a temple to him...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 06:31:05 am by Nerserus »

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2009, 09:57:53 am »

Try to see if you can make a weaponsmith get in a modd and turn the alligators bones into a badass weapon so that he may continue his legacy.

Nerserus

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2009, 03:01:55 pm »

Interesting side note: the cave system is actually very complex, sometimes noteworthy creatures DO go in caves (and if they were in the cave when they kill you, they almost always stay there, prehaps that explains it) i also did some testing and discovered: skeletal titans are possible ( though noone mentions they're undead until its too late and you're on the ass end of an ass kicking ), inside were SKELETAL TROLLS ( many of them ) i got killed by one on purpose, and indeed he became a noteworthy creature (and i was even tasked with killing him, heheh, going on a quest to kill someone who killed me :) ) creepily, that skeletal titan was roughly as bad ass as the alligator...I recorded it and WILL get round to posting it. he pwned my dwarves :(. ( though the hammer dwarf did put a DAMN good fight up considering )

Edit: I have also developed a theroy: The more kills a creature gets, the tougher it becomes, i'm not sure if its a bug, or if its a part of the game. But what i do know is, its a bit like the "camel god" post on the forums (that one though made Conepirni look like a wuss) i assume that this alligator was quite the rarity, and should he have had his vision, maybe, the fight could of ended differently. One thing is true though: Noteworthy creatures are DEFINITELY more powerful than ordinary versions of thier type (by quite a bit). I met a cyclops who had four noteworthy kills, and he was, quite literally. Unbeatable in adventure mode. If kills DOES affect the creatures power, then indeed, one could make a dungeon of super creatures and challenge himself to take them head on. :) Also, when i said he was roughly as bad ass as Conepirni, i meant as in: he was pretty much that hard to kill, and hit that hard, not as fast though (he was blind)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 03:30:42 pm by Nerserus »
Pages: [1] 2 3