Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: What the hell happened to this cave?...  (Read 3150 times)

Nerserus

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
Re: What the hell happened to this cave?...
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2009, 05:50:51 pm »

A reply, due to the fact i've discovered something AMAZING! Duke, you were right on the money, i tested your idea of dying on purpose in adventure mode to get noteworthy creatures, i made a world with only one cave, and died repeatedly on purpose, the results are here:
what was the test about? all i see is named creatures running around.

He made a world with one cave, and then everytime his adventurer died by a creature, that creature became named, and named creatures automagically appear at the nearest cave.  So, if you go out and die to a bunch of critters, and you only have one cave, they will all end up in the same cave.

Hmm...
Correct, also, this means i may be able to have
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Update:
I've visited the cave in adventure mode, strangely, the monsters are friendly, HOWEVER, you can be tasked with killing them ( And in fortress mode they attack none the less ) wolves and cougars are pretty friendly, though the modded "Rock Man" wasn't. Evil creatures will attack on sight yet neutrals don't mind unless you hit them, another interesting thing, they attack each other for the title of the "Current Resident" ( Like an alpha male system ) Two wolves were fighting when i came ( And strangely...A kobold and a cougar i think! ) also:

Submitted by: Mechanoid - 7 hours ago ( On the video's comments )

I noticed there were two grimelings.

Maybe you could use this method of obtaining named creatures in the same location to bring together a male/female of the more interesting creatures, getting them to breed and create more creatures that can be named?

I think a PROPER zoo can be made as well. With named creatures being more or less friendly to all but those who attack them first ( Unless it's fortress mode, then they kick your ass ). Alot of weird stuff is in the cave system, and i'll update as i go on.

And to answer your question Mech, no their children won't be named ( I think, but you could be right ), however i think the child would make it into the legends none the less due to relations WITH noteworthy creatures, but i definitely think you can make them reproduce, since there were more wolves than i could remember...

EDIT:

HOLY SHIZNITS. Antman? Appearently it's not just wild creatures. IF ANYTHING, becomes a noteworthy creature...It goes to a cave. ( Interestingly, the antman has a Rope Reed Thong... )
The antman was pretty friendly. I wonder if i can get him to join my party in adventure mode.......HehehehehehehaHAHAHAHAHAHA! :D
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 07:44:02 am by Nerserus »
stack of 10 prepared dragonfly brains - I'm trying to imagine what's more funny: a dwarf popping a tiny dragonfly brain into his mouth for a snack, the butcher who actually prepared this feast, or the brave hunter who ventured out into the wilderness and returned with this bounty.
Pages: 1 2 [3]