Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21

Author Topic: MRTQ- Knights & Knaves: Challenge Phase 3  (Read 28012 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: MRTQ- Knights & Knaves: Camp Phase 2!
« Reply #270 on: May 12, 2009, 10:28:13 pm »

Karlito, why such a bold Knight-Hospitalier claim when you were the first to support my suspicions/revenge against Inaluct?

Why would a bold Paladin think the Knight-Hospitalier is more fit to deliver his message than himself or any other knight?

INALUCT, SHUT UP, YOU ARE DEAD. NO POST-DEATH POSTING.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 12, 2009, 11:32:56 pm »

BBBBBUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRPPPP

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 13, 2009, 12:06:12 am »

I swear we should have burnt the body.

Also:

No Lynch.

I have found no proof to any claim yet so far put forward.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 14, 2009, 01:41:06 am »

((I'm loving how this is working so far, guys. Quite Epic as well. You all enjoying it thus far?))

TheToeBighter98

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 14, 2009, 01:41:56 am »

((I'm loving how this is working so far, guys. Quite Epic as well. You all enjoying it thus far?))

Wait, epic? That word loses all meaning when you toss it around at the tip of a hat.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 14, 2009, 01:56:20 am »

((Epic as in Epic Fantasy, you Pedant! :P))

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 14, 2009, 11:44:47 pm »

Karlito, why such a bold Knight-Hospitalier claim when you were the first to support my suspicions/revenge against Inaluct?

Why would a bold Paladin think the Knight-Hospitalier is more fit to deliver his message than himself or any other knight?
Because I'm currently leaning towards believing you are scum, and since I also told the paladin that I was the knight hospitalier, is pretty much guaranteed that the scum know it.  Now everyone knows it.

Not only am I inclined to believe the paladin, but unless we are to believe that Inaluct tried to murder you for no reason at all, it would seem that his story might have some truth to it.  After all, two knights go off into the forest, and try to kill eachother.  One of them is a true knight, the other is probably a knave.

The paladin scanned me the first challenge phase, so he knows that I am a true knight, and thus saw fit for me to deliver his message.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 15, 2009, 12:34:48 am »

I see.

Being above OMGUS, I'm voting No Lynch for the time being.

However, I remind you that inaluct, WHO IS DEAD AND CAN'T FUCKING SPEAK, used his action to attack me right off the bat.

I made no attempt to kill him; he attacked me unprovoked immediately. Otherwise, though, your reasoning is sound and I've little reason to believe any impersonation is occurring on your part.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 15, 2009, 12:37:43 am »

I believe what Inaluct was saying was that his action was automatically decided for him by the GM after witnessing you do arcane acts.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 15, 2009, 12:42:44 am »

True, there is also the possibility that inaluct's action was conditional, such as "I attack Panda if he's doing knavish stuff."

Therefore, I vote Pandarsenic, and encourage all true knights to do the same.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 15, 2009, 12:56:06 am »

Although I saw Pandarsenic doing no kanvish stuff, I saw nothing at all. (Even though I specified.)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 01:48:07 am by Emperor_Jonathan »

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 15, 2009, 01:06:55 am »

Karlito, if you truly do believe Pandarsenic is a knave, why are you not voting for him killed?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 15, 2009, 01:18:52 am »

Soon the knights didst slay many more bandits: each knight didst slay a bandit. Those brave knights being Sir Sytherion, Sir Urist, Sir Berserkicus, Sir Emperor, and Sir Smith.

Yes, so very knavish.

Frelock:
1) That would require a second action after the action of following me.
2) Warlocks cast during the Camp Phase, not the Challenge Phase. This is important because:
-a) It means the Warlock can't choose who to sabotage based on actions; for instance, if there is a Warlock, his curse choice was locked in on who to curse before we even encountered our adversaries, meaning he can't, for instance, have been responsible for the escape of the bandits with the boat.
-b) Pursuing a Knight during the Challenge Phase will never reveal a Warlock's Knave status, because during that time he acts exactly like an ordinary knight. This means that even if I were a Warlock casting a curse this turn, Sir Emperor would see absolutely nothing because he would be a phase too late; inversely, if Sir Inaluct were to have pursued me first turn and "autoattacked" as he claims, we didn't have a Camp Phase so the Warlock clearly had no chance to Curse, and disregarding that, he still was checking for the Curse action during the wrong phase anyway. I would like to remind you all that Sir Inaluct never attempted to refute the bolded points. Of course, now he can't, because he's DEAD because he didn't fucking try to defend himself when he acted like Scum and now he can't TALK any more. D: I see no reason I should be declared Scum just because I was the victim of Sir Inaluct, whom we have observed in Paranormal Mafia doesn't always play in a very logical manner.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 15, 2009, 01:20:42 am »

Karlito, if you truly do believe Pandarsenic is a knave, why are you not voting for him killed?
Because I'm not 100% sure he is a knave, and I'm wary of making the same mistake twice.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 15, 2009, 01:56:39 am »

Ah, but it is the fact that we made a mistake that tells us we are on to something.  Sir Inaluct was a knight, albeit a rather foolish one, but a knight none the less.  We should listen to what he was trying to say.  The fact that a paladin supposedly confirmed Panda's guilt makes it all the more likely that he is a knave.

And Panda, as to your point number 1, I've repeatedly put forward several actions, for example: "I try to get the bandits to surrender, if that fails, I run away and fire from a distance."  Or, "I formulate a cunning plan, tell it to Sir Urist, and execute it."  Multiple actions are acceptable, so long as they are a reaction to another action's consequences (I am correct in saying this, right GM's?).  We aren't a normal RTD, where you can pause in the middle of the battle to react to what's happening around you.

As to your second point, he only assumed you were a warlock due to the odd casting ritual which he supposedly observed.  You're right in saying that Sir Inaluct is not exactly logical in his methods, but I fail to see why he would lie to his fellow knights just to accuse someone whom he did not have good reason to suspect was a knave.  Also, the rules state that the warlock only chooses whom to curse during the camp phase.  It doesn't actually say he curses them then.  Also, the GM might have been nice and asked for a curse target before starting.

And as to your point zero (the quote and response), of course a knave would try to act as a knight, when he is being watched so closely.
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21