Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: SandCrystal (community fortress, JOIN IN!)  (Read 4856 times)

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
Re: SandCrystal (community fortress, hop on!)
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2009, 04:26:58 pm »

2nd Felsite, 15:

weary dwarves crossing the lands arrive within the bordders of the fortress knwon as Sandcrystal in the common tongue... but in dwarf, Cugganzas... A true test of dwarven endurance... in a land where orcs attack.
The population having dwindled slowly since the last immigration, down into the upper twenties, now grows again, now to 48... a total of one score dwarves, a fair number drafted to military, and a few coming as military, a happy day for the fortress indeed, a celebration is in order, as well as a large meeting so that the dwarves all get their positions... this takes several days to happen fully, though, but plenty of foodand booze to go around.
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2009, 04:47:40 pm »

hopefully the numbers stay up this time.....stupid orcs

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2009, 05:14:34 pm »

and speaking of orcs...

----------------------

14th Hematite, 15:

"ORCS! ORCS ON THE HORIZON!" was the call sounded out, and dwarves scramble to activate the defences... there are also several caravans on the way... that must be protected. the military still not equipped to deal with an orc siege, not quite. Siege doors are closed as soon as possible.
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2009, 05:21:49 pm »

17th Hematite, 15:

The siege doors made of stone are closed in time to allow all the caravans and their guards in, and the orcs out, who trip a line of traps that causes the lower torso of a severed orc to fly into some fortifications... Sandstone calls for a blue lever to be pulled in the trade-stock room, a little nasty surprise that he had cooked up for the orcs... hopefully there would be some salvage from the orcs afterwords.

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2009, 05:28:32 pm »

oh come on! stupid orcs  >:( why cant they just sit in a hole and rot :P then what would be the fun in that but they should go away for now

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2009, 05:45:28 pm »

hehehehe...

-----------

4th Malachite, 15:

The siege remains unbroken, and the defence trap, did not work, the lever is ordered to be pulled back, the mechanism was to activate a lava floodgate, and the laval pulls mostly to the north... that would need to be fixed... after the lava cooled, and the orcs were gone or dead... meanwhile the many iron bolts are being shot in volleys at the orcs, and killing them... piercing lungs, hearts, heads, anywhere really, from ontop of the tower. none of the orcs had a single ranged weapon, much to the enjoyment of the marksdwarves.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2009, 05:54:15 pm »

8th Malachite, 15:

A grand assembly is called in the dining room for all the dwarves and even the caravan traders and guards, as Sandstone calls out, "THE SIEGE IS BROKEN!" this is cause for a loud cheer, by all. "We have protected our allies in their time of need while in our lands, and the orcs have been chased away, for the first time! we have much to do though... bolts to forge, and recover... armor to melt, and much more to do, within this fortress. We have lost one of our recent comers... Imush... a Sworddwarf... he got caught outside the gate-tower, when the orcs came... but we had no choice... nor did we know... till we took role call... but we shall press on, and he shall receive a proper burial. The gates will be opened back up, and defences made... for when orcs and goblins come... We shall be strong!"
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 06:12:32 pm by Rivesand »

StarShadow

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2009, 06:04:36 pm »

"Daum doors! Ah swer. Hic. I fletchan swer dems are da fault'o seige! Ade theh dones dare jobs!?

flofar shakes a overfilled mug yelling, rather loudly, at a unoccupied chair. Leaning on a spear.

"Ells! Ah couda den bettah! See ya tis?"

He waves his spear around as he seems to still be talking to the chair.

"DA PERNTY END GOS INNA ORC!"

Flofar bursts out laughing.

"Da orc den ain't gona seige! Ah tenk eet be so eash. A.. door. coulda enderstand!"

(PUBLIC SERVICE MESSAGE)
A spear is a wonderful ally on a battlefield but one must first understand their proper use to prevent injury. So we have included a simple instructional sheet to assist a potential spear user in understanding the mysterious armament they seek to employ.

<Important Points>
1. Pointy end goes in enemy. This is very important to keep in mind.
2. Do not operate forges or anvils while wielding a spear in combat.
3. Do not spank your spouse with your spear. this is dangerous behavior.
4. Do not attempt to test the pointy end's functionality on your self. It may cause injury.
5. Do not eat your spear.
6. Your spear is not a method of transportation.
7. You are not sparta.
8. Do not use your spear's pointy end to wake sleeping allies.
9. Do not lose the limb which you are using to hold your spear.
10. Please do not die in combat. It's annoying.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 06:17:19 pm by StarShadow »

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SandCrystal (community fortress, JOIN IN!)
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2009, 08:26:36 pm »

lmao no i dont wanna be a speardwarf :P

RavingManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2009, 12:14:20 am »

I will take Imush the male swordsdwarf, please. Name him Ravus
Thief:"Quiet kitty, Qui-"
Cat:"THIEF! Protect the hoard from the skulking filth!"
The resulting party killed 20 dwarves, crippled 2 more and the remaining 9 managed to get along and have a nice party.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2009, 12:41:32 am »

sorry, Imush actually died, i just havn't updated that list yet, sorry. Can you pick another dwarf?

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2009, 07:38:09 pm »

6th sandstone, 15;

"we have some new dwarves in our midst, and I've updated our roster, this should be of use for future mayors, of which i am the first... I will still keep log for this place, and I'm also going to be changing out the first floor's stone walsl for more proper glass ones... the glass is quite stronger, and things will look more uniform with that. Though the process will need to be done in segments, for saftey sake, and structural integrity. I'll soon have a layout of the land, and the fortress, for records. Our fortress now is a Village in rank, numbering in at 57 Dwarves."

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2009, 01:19:04 pm »

yay :P

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2009, 07:24:02 pm »

4th Slate, 16:

"been a while since i last wrote... we have gotten rid of the orcs now... actually they left aftergetting bored... We are cleaning up and getting prepared for summer, and another possible attack... we have been trading with the coming caravans, and now, we have migrants again. Also, i have made a large cistern for water below the barracks, i nthe older well, fed from the aquifer above head... the switch i placed should close the gate automatically, and then we can just open it back up if needed... it's been taking days to get some water in it... but i'm having people in the barracks check on it, and if it gets near the last bit, and does not stop, to pull the override lever. We now have a dungeon master on the way, i can tell by the purple robes... she looks tough... but she should be useful."

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2009, 01:21:06 pm »

can people claim nobles? if so she might go fast
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5