Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: SandCrystal (community fortress, JOIN IN!)  (Read 4859 times)

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
Re: SandCrystal (community fortress, hop on!)
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2009, 05:23:18 pm »

25th moonstone, 12:

"we were generous with our new neighbors.. we gave then, by my appraiser's estimates... 1004 dwarfbucks of goods over the value of what we took from them, which was most of their goods... all for glass goblets.... i think we may have some friends... if a bit.. underdressed... though.. the female merchant... not too bad looking... other than being tall."
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2009, 05:27:38 pm »

*gives his farewell to our new friends without looking to low* hmmmmm lets hope they come back next year.......with more cloths on.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2009, 05:32:41 pm »

26th moonstone, 12:

A kobold creeps along a stone wall... trying to remain hidden, before bumping into Sir Nil who came around the corner... a wicked grin crossed the dwarf's face, before he gave chase, kobold scrying in fear, barely escaping Sir Nil and Daskot... Meanwhile, that kobold's friend, ran right onto an apprentice glassmaker, Ast, who went absolutely nuts on that kobold, who tried to run this way and that... but ran right into a chained wardog... little kobold bits everywhere. the wolves were also giving chase, but saw no action.
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2009, 06:43:34 pm »

1st Granite, 13:

Dwarves come out, and look at the warmth and feel it... the cold is cone, and much awaits the fortress of Sandcrystal., not much having happened during the winter after the wolfmen left.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2009, 07:08:33 pm »

16th Granite, 13:

"wow... so far i've counted five caravans on their way here... various animalistic caravans, and the elves... this sis goign to be busy... i hope we have enough goods."

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2009, 08:25:13 pm »

1st slate, 13:

"so far so good... lets see.... tigermen... jackalmen... bearmen, turtlemen, and wolfmen... are our animalistic neighbors... and much more respectable than the elves. They had better goods as well, overall... all the elves really had was a little bit of booze."

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2009, 08:56:09 pm »

14th slate, 13:

"i'm grinning like the cat that ate a booze-frog... we just got 19 immigrants... and i have assigned them each duties.. including a sherrif... who suddenly started making demands... which i was already preparing for... we are now 36 strong, and have two champions."

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2009, 10:42:15 pm »

20th Hematite, 13:

"been busy with alot... got an injured dwarf... several caravans, as well as overseeing the designing of defenses... it's only a matter of time before some unfreindlies come by... looking for easy money, kills and food..."

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2009, 11:11:38 pm »

3rd malachite, 13:

Sandstone was walking down the main hall, coming from the surface, and is bowled over by Zuglar, as he ran by, screaming like a mad-dwarf... about some sort of material... "what a strange mood. that's not like him..." Sandstone follows the dwarf, having to run to keep up... and finds that the dwarf has a small pile of bones in his hands, and is running back to a craftdwarf shop... He had heard about this before... then he runs back out... and back with more bones... this was going to be a long day...

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2009, 01:17:32 am »

16th Malachite, 13:

Zuglar comes to the barracks and shows off an idol made of bode, turtle bone, and a few are interested, but Sandstone isn't really interested, as is the same with the majority of the populace.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2009, 01:30:05 am »

25th Malachite, 13:

"i feel ill... we had our first death today... a whole group was gathered tio watch the forges and kilns to come alive... when we heard a blood curdling scream of agony... the forges lit... but Dobar didn't come back up before the forges lit... there was silence after the one scream... our first death..."

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2009, 02:17:36 am »

1st limestone, 13:

"we have had a birth in the fortress, a girl, from one of our champions, Dakost! Her husband is Zuntir, one of the gemcutters."

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2009, 02:49:50 am »

18th limestone, 13:

"damn those gobbos... they killed dwarven brothers and sisters... not a single dwarf of the caravan made it... only the liaison is alive... two ambushes... our military fought them off with no causalities, but several mangled limbs... and a number of broken bones... i hope everyone recovers... soon... our walls are almost done on the ground level... but at least we got an anvil... but still, the cost was high... i think there's a goatmen caravan coming though..."

StarShadow

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2009, 03:42:15 am »

Speardwarf/sherrff, male; "Zuglar". Name flofar.

Likes: Cats (Not entirely in that way), Tigermen (In that way), Poking things with spears. Talking to inanimate objects and animals. Eating fish to try to attract cats and tigermen.

Dislikes: Animals and inanimate objects which don't talk back. Doors which are too important to be his friend.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2009, 06:50:53 pm »

20th timber, 13:

Daily life gones on as normal for the dwarves of Sandcrystal... the fortifications taking some time though, due to the slow construction of the flooring of the second level... a new farming room is designed for larger farming, mostly for plump helmets. injured dwarves recovering, and much drinking going on, but the autumn is quiet.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5