Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: SandCrystal (community fortress, JOIN IN!)  (Read 4858 times)

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
SandCrystal (community fortress, JOIN IN!)
« on: April 05, 2009, 11:49:54 am »

[okay, i'm trying to make yet another community fortress, in a bit tougher of an environment. I have the savage races mod, the molten rock mod, and also the botany pack along with orcs.]

----------------------

1st Granite, 12:

Well, we're here, on the border of a relatively nice grassland [It's a nice change from being underground alot], and a cold desert... it's cold even in the spring... well... looks like it's time to strike the earth... now where's that pick?

oh, before i forget our numbers are seven...

1 miner
1 carpenter
1 woodcutter/axedwarf
1 hunter/marksdwarf
1 glassmaker
1 farmer
1 mechanic

--------------------

12th Slate, 12:

Well, it's been over a month since my last log, been very busy around here... got a whole bunch of surface glass furnaces, right on the edge of the magmapipe, they will provide us with alot of useful glass. WE have also gotten around the aquifer, and also have a crisscrossing pool of water, that is underground, dug into the aquifer... that should attract some turtles... they are tasty. This white sand should be of great use throught the fortress...

I drew up some plans for a trap component... hat can be made out of wood, glass, or metal... a swinging axe blade, but the blade doesn't chop, not like a normal axe, but strikes more like a scythe, but the most interesting design is the spikes used on it.. designed to rib into organs as the blade chops... can we say... minced gob stew?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 06:20:25 pm by Rivesand »
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
Re: SandCrystal (community fortress, hop on!)
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 11:54:28 am »

In this post, i will list all current dwarves. Dead ones will have a strike through the name.

This list will show who has what character, and what the character's name is. 57 dwarves

Taken dwarves

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Available dwarves

Dead Dwarves

« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 07:31:09 pm by Rivesand »
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

sir diesalot

• Bay Watcher
  • WAIT IT'S A NINE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 01:51:35 pm »

I'll take one of the first migrants you get, named Sir Nil, a hammerdwarf.
NOT THE BEES!

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 02:11:12 pm »

you got it nil, and i happen to love your hammerdwarf in Flamebanner, kick-ass.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 02:13:26 pm »

1st Hematite, 12:

well shave my beard and call me an elf... I can't belive it.. yet... i'm looking right at it right now... the Hub... it is right in part of a beautiful Magnetite vein! and... as luck would have it... i didn't bring along an anvil...
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 03:02:12 am by Rivesand »

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 02:52:34 pm »

6th Malachite, 12:

"Our luck continues, we have struck sunstones in the main stockpile room, that has been planned. may extend the stockpile room to be even larger, if the cluster of gems is large."

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 03:05:22 pm »

4th Galena, 12:

"amazing! we found some native PLATINUM! in the hub area no less! buried in magnetite ore! i really regret not bringing an anvil!"

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 03:47:39 pm »

13th Limestone, 12:

"the caravans are near, and we have some goods to share with our fellow dwarves, and also stories to tell, about our progress. Also sending them a blueprint of our fortress design, so that people back at the mountainhomes an see if they want to live here... not to mention that it will probably impress the higher ups."

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2009, 04:00:16 pm »

25th limestone, 12:

"damn. our brethren were stubborn, and now we don't have an anvill.. still... maybe the humans will have one... i hope so... this will put us way behind schedule... but at least we can melt down the ore, to make room, and prep for when we get an anvil."

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2009, 04:27:32 pm »

6th Timber, 12:

On the horizon dwarves approach a quickly strengthening fortress. Someone on watch duty, calls out, "immigrants, and everyone comes rushing out, as the dwarves come from the cold sands of the desert to the north. Partially constructed walls of a watch-tower being put on hold.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2009, 04:40:09 pm »

8th Timber, 12:

"well, got all ten dwarves sorted out, got two dwarves that wanted to get into the military, and i let them... need some full time military dwarves... we don't have hammers yet, since that's what they seem interested in, so they are going to wrestle eachother.. i just hope they don't break a wall."

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2009, 04:45:30 pm »

hmmm i'll take a hunter name him mathias. can be full time military when u get another hunter.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2009, 04:53:59 pm »

you got it. Marksdwarf, mind you, with a secondary combat of hammer.

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2009, 05:08:15 pm »

i dont mind some hammer exp should do me some good :D

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2009, 05:09:35 pm »

16th Moonstone, 12:

"a caravan has been sighted, but, oddly, it's of wolves.. a caravan of wolves.. walking on two legs... very interesting... i'll try and make things smooth with this... no telling how easily they are angered... and the merchants are only wearing hats... nothing else."
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 05:17:40 pm by Rivesand »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5