Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 46

Author Topic: Chaos Point; Currently on hold.  (Read 50287 times)

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Re: Chaos Point; Tools implemented.
« Reply #270 on: April 07, 2009, 05:38:04 am »

Yeah.

But I had a talk with little, we decided we needed a speaker.

If Timmeh wants to modify his skills a little to become that, fine.

Nah, that's okay.  Any of the other squads need a medic?
Nevermind.
Actually, you could be our squad medic. The BLU Medic.

As tempting as that is, I have been re-invited to my old team via PM. 

[offtopic]Never could get the hang of the medic class in TF2... always stuck with the soldier or heavy.  My younger brother was decent with the spy though.[/offtopic]
On the Wall is a Masterfully engraved carving of Urist McHardcastle and Goblins. Urist McHardcastle is surrounded by the Goblins. The Golbins are stamping on Urist McHardcastle. Urist McHardcaste is laughing at the Goblins. The carving related to the prolonged and bloody death of Urist McHardcastle in the Fall of 1659, the Winter of 1659, and the Spring of 1660. On the engraving is an image of Cheese.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 07, 2009, 06:06:38 am »

Alright. Final starting Squad Name and members.

Stealth Task-Force

Emperor
Little
Pandar
Timmeh

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 07, 2009, 06:40:25 am »

I'd like to join.
My character
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Anyone want to join "Boomstick Squad"?
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 07, 2009, 06:45:10 am »

I'll be a team of one till I find some buddies then.

Rogue Squad:
Strife.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 07, 2009, 06:48:42 am »

I'll be a team of one till I find some buddies then.

Rogue Squad:
Strife.

Join my squad, it's called "Boomstick".  That should be all you need to know.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 06:50:52 am by Archangel »
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 07, 2009, 08:53:10 am »

Alright, considering the sound of gunfire will make it impossible to lie to bullets flying through the air and the inability to talk to the bullets of my enemies only and not the ones of my friends, I suppose I will have to drop the liar skill.

But I will still be your mechanic/manufacturer/pilot.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #276 on: April 07, 2009, 05:34:45 pm »

Quick question, how easy will it be for me to get my hands on either a SMG or a First Aid Kit?  As it stands I don't really have much skill in anything I have access to in the beginning.
On the Wall is a Masterfully engraved carving of Urist McHardcastle and Goblins. Urist McHardcastle is surrounded by the Goblins. The Golbins are stamping on Urist McHardcastle. Urist McHardcaste is laughing at the Goblins. The carving related to the prolonged and bloody death of Urist McHardcastle in the Fall of 1659, the Winter of 1659, and the Spring of 1660. On the engraving is an image of Cheese.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 07, 2009, 05:38:35 pm »

Quick question, how easy will it be for me to get my hands on either a SMG or a First Aid Kit?  As it stands I don't really have much skill in anything I have access to in the beginning.
A first-aid kit you'll have no problem getting.  You could buy a decent one from any sort of medical supply store, like a pharmacy.  The SMG would be a bit trickier.  I'll leave you to figure that out.   ;)

EDIT: Also, unless I remember something wrong, if you have skills in that area, you should start with one anyway...
EDIT EDIT: And I did indeed remember wrong.  I'll have to discuss that with Vaiolis.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 06:01:12 pm by Golgath »
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #278 on: April 07, 2009, 07:06:30 pm »

A first-aid kit you'll have no problem getting.  You could buy a decent one from any sort of medical supply store, like a pharmacy.  The SMG would be a bit trickier.  I'll leave you to figure that out.   ;)

EDIT: Also, unless I remember something wrong, if you have skills in that area, you should start with one anyway...
EDIT EDIT: And I did indeed remember wrong.  I'll have to discuss that with Vaiolis.

Awesome, thanks!

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 07, 2009, 07:23:12 pm »

For two weeks it's been great weather. Sunny, fifty to sixty degrees Fahrenheit, no trouble. Then all of a sudden it's snowing and I'm coughing a fit. Bah.

Anyways, still pretty easy to work, the cough I'm pretty sure is just from the sudden temperature change, so I'm back!

Let's see... as far as starting (I'll say this here as I want everyone's opinions), we could start pretty much in a day or so, and depending on what missions are taken we can, over time, determine what needs to be added as it needs to be added. For instance, we don't need to add many vehicles until people are trying to take them, no? At least the larger ones, I know someone here is going to try and steal an old run-down car pretty quick starting off. All I have left to do that I can think of off the top of my head (discluding the other objects we could make without waiting, plus I probably forgot something, horrid memory) is make a few more additions to the CPC (Chaos Point Calculatron, as I shall now call it from here on out) and get the GUI up for it. Or maybe I'll just make it typing, without buttons. I don't know. Still need to think about how I'd organize a few things with it as well.
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 07, 2009, 07:29:32 pm »

Since the start of the game is approaching, I think we should talk about housing arrangements.

Do any of you feel like going with the "everyone goes in one big house" approach?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 07, 2009, 07:31:45 pm »

Take it from me when I tell you-

MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE THE ENTIRE SYSTEM IS READY BEFORE YOU START

Trust me, while changing systems or adding details later is always possible, nothing will crash a game faster than going in thinking you can finalize the core model on the fly.  Because you can't.  Take a couple days if you think at all that you'll need it.

Besides, I was just about to write up some weapon and vehicle suggestions.

Won't housing arrangements depend on how the game begins?  I figured we'd all be driving/sailing/dropping into some third-world hellhole, and finding a place to stay would be a starting concern.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 07, 2009, 08:00:02 pm »

I'm not sure what kind of country we're playing in.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 07, 2009, 08:02:51 pm »

I'm not sure what kind of country we're playing in.

I think he said it would be a fairly stable one, so the third world hellholeness would need to be done by us.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 07, 2009, 08:19:08 pm »

The problem with setting a bunch of four-man teams in a stable country is the law enforcement can kick our asses.  A hellhole would put us on more plausible standing with the authorities if we're supposed to be overthrowing them.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 46