Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 46

Author Topic: Chaos Point; Currently on hold.  (Read 50321 times)

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
Re: Chaos Point; Tools implemented.
« Reply #285 on: April 07, 2009, 08:44:48 pm »

Just stay out of law enforcement's way until you get big enough.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 07, 2009, 08:56:47 pm »

Or we could set it in a massive city riddled with relatively unorganized crime. That way, the cops will be too busy tracking down pedophiles and miscellaneous psychopaths to worry about us until we start buzzing residential areas in a helicopter, dropping bombs and spraying houses with minigun fire while Dies Irae from Mozart's Requiem Mass in D minor blares loudly out of our helicopter-mounted speakers at 194 decibels.

And by then it'll be too late.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 07, 2009, 09:00:36 pm »

Or we could set it in a massive city riddled with relatively unorganized crime. That way, the cops will be too busy tracking down pedophiles and miscellaneous psychopaths to worry about us until we start buzzing residential areas in a helicopter, dropping bombs and spraying houses with minigun fire while Dies Irae from Mozart's Requiem Mass in D minor blares loudly out of our helicopter-mounted speakers at 194 decibels.

I'm rather partial to this version.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 07, 2009, 09:06:49 pm »

Same here. I was torn between that, Lacrimosa, and Sandstorm.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 07, 2009, 09:29:40 pm »

Same here. I was torn between that, Lacrimosa, and Sandstorm.

I think you all know what I'll be listening to.  I really do love that song - I have in my music player and jam to it while driving.

Is this the legacy of too much for too few that I see...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 09:31:17 pm by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 07, 2009, 10:21:25 pm »

You don't have to get on the cop's bad side to cause chaos, all you need to do is undermine the political system and take over the police forces. Once that is done you can order the police to ransack the cities, causing the people to rebel. When that happens all you have to do is join the rampaging mobs who will inevitably annihilate the police and destroy half of the country.  ;D

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 07, 2009, 10:32:06 pm »

I still think a war-torn third world hellhole would be a much better setting for this.

Maybe a narco-state that is being invaded by the US, and the corrupt government has split into factions, each faction support by a powerful drug cartel?
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 07, 2009, 10:42:54 pm »

A third world hellhole would be unimaginably boring. I mean, what the hell are we gonna do? Raid small villages? That's literally as much as we can do.

If it's in a large city, we'll eventually be able to pull off daring bank robberies, fight competent police, and infiltrate skyscrapers.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 07, 2009, 10:49:09 pm »

A third world place has cities too. Often time, they have lots and lots of people. That's why they're third world to begin with, there is so many mouths to feed.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 07, 2009, 10:54:27 pm »

I switch my vote to developed country and major city.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 07, 2009, 11:15:17 pm »

Can we get training in skills we don't start off with? For example, persuading a diver to teach you the basics of diving or paying for flying lessons?
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 07, 2009, 11:19:32 pm »

Can we get training in skills we don't start off with? For example, persuading a diver to teach you the basics of diving or paying for flying lessons?
Of course.  Any sort of specifics probably depend on a number of things, but it's currently idealized that learning should be possible.
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 07, 2009, 11:20:51 pm »

I think I'll revise my profile:
Name: Argonnek
Trait: Intelligence 2
Combat Skills:
Demolitions
Noncombat skills:
Explosives manufacturing
Engineering 3

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 07, 2009, 11:24:59 pm »

I want to change Ammunition Manufacturing to Manufacturing but only if Strife joins me.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #299 on: April 07, 2009, 11:57:13 pm »

I propose that instead of trying to decide on a 3rd world country vs. a fully developed one, we play in a well developed country, in a reasonably large city, but have some massive internal conflict in progress.  That way, we can have the competent law enforcement, difficult jobs associated with banks and such as suggested, but we also get the chaos and underground/guerrilla warfare stuff that the other side wants.

Thoughts?
On the Wall is a Masterfully engraved carving of Urist McHardcastle and Goblins. Urist McHardcastle is surrounded by the Goblins. The Golbins are stamping on Urist McHardcastle. Urist McHardcaste is laughing at the Goblins. The carving related to the prolonged and bloody death of Urist McHardcastle in the Fall of 1659, the Winter of 1659, and the Spring of 1660. On the engraving is an image of Cheese.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 46