Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Mount & Blade - Any mode  (Read 11953 times)

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount & Blade - Native
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2009, 12:56:45 pm »

Is it just me or is declaring the game Grand Theft Viking, grabbing a heavy charger and running over everything the easiest way of winning field battles? My horse usualy has more kills then me and with ultra heavy armor(that doesnt impede me on horseback at all), a giant back shield and a slightly smaller horse enabled one for my face, along with my four legged tank allow me to plow into the side of any infantry battle line and take hardly any damage or get stuck unless I hit another horse or my own units while thrashing eveybody for 15 or so damage every pass. Combine with a bunch of archers sitting in the distance to further wear everybody's health down and interrupt their attacks on me, you get something that only fails in sieges and melees. I've taken over the nord and the rhodoks that way and am currently mopping up the last of the vaegir.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2009, 01:12:52 am »

What difficulty are you playing on? I'm playing on 135% and you can defiantly not do that. When I put everything to the lowest, I took 80 Nord Huscarls and took a 300-400 garrisoned town with nothing else.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2009, 03:10:54 am »

So, have they officially stated they're totally done with the game and not going to make towns work or sieges good or the wars meaninfgul?

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2009, 03:23:10 am »

Their working on the expansion now, which includes enhanced A.I along with other stuff.

So yeah its still being worked on, but unless its a bug fix, no more updates for you.

You'll just have to buy the expansion when it comes out. And for you people who say neigh to Multiplayer, its an entirely optional thing. Play Single Player if you want to.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2009, 03:37:14 am »

What difficulty are you playing on? I'm playing on 135% and you can defiantly not do that. When I put everything to the lowest, I took 80 Nord Huscarls and took a 300-400 garrisoned town with nothing else.

How do you even get 135%? I can't figure out the options for it to get harder then 101% which is what i'm playing on. It's all about the correct equipment and timing. I did tournaments and sold bandit loot untill i had lordly plate everywhere and i avoid uphill areas and everything that's looking at me and ready to attack. Also, double shields help, especialy when you can get a huge ground only one on your back.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2009, 05:36:23 am »

135% http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/topic,8058.0.html I have it about 150-200

If you find Native easy try some of the mods, like http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/board,91.0.html this one raises the damage, in it, it is not uncommon for 50-60 damage to happen at one time (for comparison a level 49 char with max ironflesh has ~120 health). Anyway, I don't personally have a charger, but I usually go with good plate all over - because lordly plate is pretty hard to come by - plus one handed weapon, cavalry shield, best bow I can use on horseback plus the best arrows. I also use the best speed v charge ratio in a horse, usually champion/spirited hunter.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2009, 07:10:53 am »

Their working on the expansion now, which includes enhanced A.I along with other stuff.

So yeah its still being worked on, but unless its a bug fix, no more updates for you.

You'll just have to buy the expansion when it comes out. And for you people who say neigh to Multiplayer, its an entirely optional thing. Play Single Player if you want to.

Any more infos are available about this upcoming expansion? They should really work on the strategical/tactical part of the game....the combat itself & the battles are very good already, but since the game is all about fighting right now....well it gets boring after a short period.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2009, 09:07:53 am »

Mount and Blade first amazes you with a seemingly interactive world with limitless possibilities.

Then you realise that there is actually very little to do. Even combat gives you limited sets of options.

That is Mount and Blade's major fault. Huge world of few possibilities.

So IMO they should work on that...

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2009, 09:30:18 am »

Modīs mods modīs and some modīs fix that fyi.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2009, 09:31:09 am »

Mod´s mods mod´s and some mod´s fix that fyi.

No they don't... at least not to my knowledge.

It just makes the world effectively larger and often readtastic

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2009, 03:07:45 pm »

Usually if they effectively apply a story (So far, that old Story Mod, which honestly I thought was just delightful, and The Last Days, the latest release that is, we're the only mods to effectively make a story for a game. And The Last Days didn't even finish up that part, most of 'em we're just really pretty looking quests.) it would be lots of fun.

Unfortunately, no one, besides Story Mod, have actually completed a mod with an actual story. I mean, I think its a little funny how these mods wouldn't take that long to write up some quests, but instead they spend most of their time throwing in new troops, or equipment, or a little bit of a quest update at a time. Or just plain don't update anything and focus on bug fixes they buried themselves in over the course of the mods development.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount & Blade - Any mode
« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2009, 10:14:06 pm »

Finally got Native Expansion working, trying to figure out whats wrong with the .ini for Custom Settlements.

I'm loving the Swadians and Nords in Native Expansion. Each faction has a special pool of troops that you have to be a member of the faction to recruit from. Swadian specials allow you to develop heavy cavalry called the cavalier that I have about 60 of. The Rhodoks

-Pressed for time, will finish post later.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2009, 10:58:53 pm »

I'm galloping around as an almost level 50 Nord lord. I have a city, two castles, and four villages to my name. I conquered the khergits, the rhodoks, and eastern swadia. Half the former khergit lands are yellow, the entireity of the rhodok ones are, and now a full third of the original Swadia.
I've got the fuckers boxed up in their last few towns and castles, cowering in terror as I run through and rape anyone who sticks their head out.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2009, 12:09:36 am »

I should probably go shit on the rest of Caladria in Sword of Damocles, then get ready for the imperial invasion.

But I'm distracted by oblivion :<

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2009, 02:01:06 am »

That's entirely the point.

They reduced build times, either with the new version (I've been playing Sword of Damocles on and off, and pretty much not Native. I still got the new version for it. Haven't played Native though.) or because of the mod, so they expect you to get as many settlements as possible. With me, I just export my usual character, so I rebel against my ruler almost immediately just so I can get it over with and conquer from one point. With that, I'll go for the Swadians like last time, only this time I won't be using them for Military ware. I already get tons of awesome infantry in NICE armour, who needs those crappy knights now?

Currently rampaging across the Swadian/Vaegir(or whatever) Border bow and sword. I noticed something in this mod. With 10 in both of the main strength skills, I'm pretty much unkillable, and I can deal around 140 something damage ON FOOT. God knows how much I can do mounted, and thats WITHOUT a lance. WITH A LANCE I COULD PROBABLY KILL A TANK.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12