Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28

Author Topic: Rise of Civilizations - Turn 33 Endgame, DF style!  (Read 29188 times)

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile

Okay, the army will be immediately remobilized, and they will take up defensive positions around every city. Meanwhile, I will have the greatest minds attempt to invent some sort of bug spray based on our previous research in the field of biology.
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

Navian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Bronze Colossi... Relax and have a blast! What more is there to say? Things seem to be going pretty well, somewhat-less-than-all-perhaps things considered!

SombreChapaeu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I forge a two-handed axe out of the strange ore.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile

DA BOSS KALLZ The Starforgers require more sophisticated methods of transportation. So we're going to take ordinary horse-drawn carts, remove the horse, enchant it (the cart not the horse), and call it a hovercar.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile

Learning their lesson from the combat with the ants, the raiders of Rodinia will train a force of marines, which will be able to bring combat from the sea onto land, and strike at the enemy's heart.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Train gaint turtle calvary?
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile

+2 Bump of Doom?!?

(fear the BoD)
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

+2 Bump of Doom?!?

(fear the BoD)
K.

Turn 27 ... What? The turn title says turn 25. I seem to have made a mistake somewhere.

Warboss Org’s Boyz – | Warboss Org demands that several orks learn how to ride squigs. They manage it, despite the inherent size difference. The orkish army now consists of: a massive horde of infantry, squig riding cavalry, a sqiggoth, shamen, and the warboss himself.

Economy – 6.5 + 0.1(Rounding) = 6.6
Technology –6
Military – 6 + 1(ACT) = 7
Population – 5.2 + 0.2(MRL) = 5.4
Infrastructure – 6
Morale – 6

R1ck’s Basinians – | The Basinians call their military back into service. They fail to make a biological anti-ant weapon, despite their best efforts. They do manage to create a mauve flavored drink that is quite tastey.

Economy – 5
Technology – 5
Military – 7.9 + 0.1(Rounding) = 8
Population – 5.2 - 0.5(MRL) = 4.7
Infrastructure – 6
Morale – (3)6 - 1(+1/turn) + 1(INF) = 6
Bonus: Draft (OFF). May convert 0.1 pop/turn into 0.1 MIL/turn as a free action. It will remain in the current state until turned back on.
Bonus: Ant larva (???)

Navian’s Bronze Colossi – | The Colossi declare a vacation and have parades, but it’s hard for them to feel happier knowing that other civilizations are having ant trouble.

Economy – 6
Technology – 5
Military – 9.5 + 0.1(Rounding) = 9.6
Population – 7.4 + 0.4(MRL) = 7.8
Infrastructure – 8.8 + 0.1(Rounding) = 8.9
Morale – 7
Bonus: +0.25 when attacking

Shoruke’s Starforgers – | The Starforgers invent hovercars. Everybody wants one, and they might even be able to be modified for military use. They send one to the orks as a strange prank.

Economy- 5.5 + 0.1(Rounding) = 5.6
Tech- 4 + 1(ACT) = 5
Military- 5.6 + 0.1(Rounding) = 5.7
Pop- 3.3 + 0.2(MRL) = 3.5
Infastructure – 5
Morale – 7 + 1(-1/turn) = 8
Bonus: Able to freely gain basic information from one insect colony per turn.

Frelock’s Raiders of Rodinia – | The Rodinians carefully train a corps of marines, able to undertake an amphibious assault in hostile territory with the cover fire of their ships, then move inland and take land without naval bombardment.

Economy – 8.7 + 0.1(Rounding) = 8.8
Technology – 7
Military – 8.5 + 1.5(ACT) = 10 – 1(+1/turn)
Population – 9.8 + 0.7(MRL) = 10.5
Infrastructure – 11
Morale – 7 – 1(INF) = 6
Bonus: +0.25 on defense
Bonus: +1% population growth

Strife26’s Zefies - | The Zefies find some giant turtles crawling ashore from the ocean, and decide to train them as war turtles. Despite being slow, they are very difficult for enemies to kill.

Economy – 6
Technology – 8
Military – 9.8 + 0.1(Rounding) + 1.5(ACT) = 11.4
Population – 6.9 + 0.2(MRL) = 7.1
Infrastructure – 9
Morale – (6)7

Shade’s Zaniah – GM control – Mil{6} - The Zaniah improve the cohesive use of gliders and infantry simultaneously.

Economy – 9
Technology – 7
Military – 11 + 1(ACT) = 12
Population – 7.1 + 0.2MRL) = 7.3
Infrastructure – 8
Morale – 6
Bonus: Able to freely gain basic information from one insect colony per turn.

Sombre Chapaeu – | You turn the glowing ore into a strangely glowing axe. You have a bad feeling about this. | There is still more ore.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Random Event!
The insects seem strangely quiet. Nobody thought to scout on them, so nobody knows why.

Ant Colony 1 – Weak? – Status unknown.

Ant Colony 2 – Army – Status unknown

Ant Colony 3 – Largest Hive – Status unknown

BEES – Status unknown

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of Civilizations - Turn 26. Somebody did something.
« Reply #338 on: April 07, 2009, 06:41:51 pm »

Da Boss kallz foar moar thinky boyz!

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 07, 2009, 06:54:25 pm »

Seeing that the populace is very unhappy, I will open have theaters created throughout the land that will show plays depicting the  glorious victory of the Basinian military over those evil insects that will occur soon. The draft will also be reinstated.
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

SombreChapaeu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 07, 2009, 11:25:49 pm »

I craft a full helmet out of the strange ore. and imbue it with potent runes of vision and protection.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 08, 2009, 12:21:54 am »

The Raiders of Rodinia will attack the ant colony 2 again.  Send in the marines as practiced, and may our state religion's god protect us all.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Navian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 08, 2009, 12:06:43 pm »

For those Liberal Colossi who are usettled by the Conservative partying, the Colossi found an organization known as The Purple Patch to go helpfully where no Colossi has helped before, to make things better.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 09, 2009, 06:53:26 am »

Sorry guys I'm going to have to pull out of this game, I've managed to be online for a few hours this whole week thanks to evil work and travel.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 09, 2009, 01:04:09 pm »

Sorry guys I'm going to have to pull out of this game, I've managed to be online for a few hours this whole week thanks to evil work and travel.

Fair enough, thanks for telling us. I hope this go well for you.

Emperor now gets to take over Shades' spot, opening up the waiting spot. I'll get the turn up some time after Emperor and the two other people post.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28