Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28

Author Topic: Rise of Civilizations - Turn 33 Endgame, DF style!  (Read 29183 times)

Navian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of Civilizations - Turn 24.
« Reply #315 on: March 29, 2009, 07:53:45 am »

Eager to test out their new weapons, many Colossi organize new scouting missions to find threats to skirmish with. Some are also interested in meditating under waterfalls, having heard that this is a really great way to enhance their inner something-or-other.

SombreChapaeu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 30, 2009, 03:54:45 am »

FAAAAAHLCON BUUUUMP!!!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 30, 2009, 09:29:14 am »

Turn 25. The rounding errors should be gone this time.

Strife26’s Zefies - | The Zefie leader calls for an all-out assault on the ants for their misdeeds.
The Zefies arrive near the ant colony; they are organized to meet the ant swarms head-on.
The ants notice them coming, and retaliate!
Though numerous, the ants fight poorly. The battle could go either way.
Just as they are starting to get the upper hand, the ant swarms grow even larger, and flank both of sides of the Zefie armies!
The generals call for a fighting withdraw.
The best general stays behind with his squads so that the others may retreat!
The Zefies sustained more casualties then the ants, and lost their best military mind. They might need some time to re-form their military.

Economy – 6
Technology – 8
Military – 9.6 + 0.1(ACT) – 1(ACT) = 8.7 – 1(+1/turn) – 4(+2/turn)
Population – 6.7
Infrastructure – 8.8 + 0.1(Rounding) = 8.9
Morale – (5)7 – 1(temp, +1/turn) = 6

Shoruke’s Starforgers – | The Starforgers learn how to magically manipulate the elements in a combat environment. Their seers observe Colony 3. Earlier reports were wrong; they’re not explorers. This is the largest hive of ants. Their exact purpose still remains unknown.
(Correct. That is a free ability.)

Economy- 4
Tech- 4
Military- 4 + 1.5(ACT) = 5.5
Pop- 3 + 0.1(MRL) = 3.1
Infastructure – 5
Morale – (6)7
Bonus: Able to freely gain basic information from one insect colony per turn.

Warboss Org’s Boyz – | A new caste of Orks appears: shaman. Able to channel the will of Gork and Mork into this world, (when they can remember which one is the god of brutal cunning and which one is the god of cunning brutality), the shaman will be a powerful addition to the Orkish forces.

Economy – 5
Technology –5 + 1 = 6
Military – 6
Population – 4.9 + 0.1(MRL) = 5
Infrastructure – 6
Morale – 6

Frelock’s Raiders of Rodinia – | The Rodinians invent sloops. Agile, fast ships should help in future military engagements.

Economy – 8.49999999999999999999999 + 0.1(Rounding) = 8.6
Technology – 7
Military – 7 + 1.5 = 8.5
Population – 8.8 +0.4(MRL) = 9.2
Infrastructure – 11
Morale – (6)7
Bonus: +0.25 on defense
Bonus: +1% population growth

R1ck’s Basinians – | The Basinians set out to destroy Colony 1.
The soldier ants defending the colony are no match for Basinian enchanted weapons and Armor!
The Basinians make their way into the nest with minimal casualties!
The worker ants fight valiantly to defend their home!
The Basinians try to knock them out to enslave them later.
They stumble upon a cache of food, and destroy it.
They find a well guarded, large chamber.
Inside, they find a queen!
After a large battle, the queen is slain!
The Basinians fall back to their field camp.
They take several larva and the still living, defeated workers with them.
None of the captured ants wake up.

Economy – 5
Technology – 5
Military – 6.6 + 0.1(Draft) + 0.1(Rounding) + 1(ACT) = 7.8 – 1(temp, +1/turn)
Population – 5.3 + 0.2(MRL) – 0.1(Draft) = 5.4
Infrastructure – 6
Morale – 6 + 1(-1/turn) = 7
Bonus: Draft (ON). May convert 0.1 pop/turn into 0.1 MIL/turn as a free action. It will remain in the current state until turned off.
Bonus: Ant larva (???)

Shade’s Zaniah – | The Zaniah attack the bees. Their new tactics catch the bees off-guard. The Zaniah win with only light casualties, destroying one nest. The bees seem to be spread out over a large area, however, and cannot be destroyed in one swoop.

Economy – 9
Technology – 6
Military – 10 + 1(ACT) = 11 -1 (+1/turn)
Population – 6.3 + 0.4(MRL) = 6.7
Infrastructure – 8
Morale – 7

Navian’s Bronze Colossi – | The Colossi continue training with their new military techniques. They spar against each other, against native tribes, against ants, and against waterfalls.
(Oops, forgot to give them their Great Success bonus last turn. Or the military stat boost. Oops.)

Economy – 6
Technology – 5
Military – 8.2 + 0.1(Rounding)+1(ACT) = 9.3
Population – 6.6 + 0.4(MRL) = 7
Infrastructure – 8.6 + 0.1(Rounding) = 8.7
Morale – 7
Bonus: +0.25 when attacking

The Dead – | You forge a masterfully crafted mythril breastplate, and masterfully inscribe it with runes of protection and deflection. It is  really great. | You run out of mythril. On the plus side, there are no inward pointing spikes on the masterwork armor.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Random Event!
I got the turn up, what more do you want for a random event in which anything could happen?

Ant Colony 1 – Weak? – Status unknown.

Ant Colony 2 – Strong? – Status unknown

Ant Colony 3 – Largest Hive – Status unknown

BEES – Generating more soldier bees

SombreChapaeu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 30, 2009, 10:50:28 am »

I take some water from the waterfall feeding the lake by my forge, pour it into my buckler, and mash up the happy berries with the rock, into a paste. then an Idea hits me, if I imbue the lake with magic it should assist my forging even more. but first things first, I take the paste filled buckler, jam it into the studded leather and transmute the lot, this should be interesting. meanwhile I need to work out the lake thing. maybe some sort of grand rune to effect the entire thing at once.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 30, 2009, 02:11:17 pm »

The Raiders of Rodinia will take a chance, and attack ant colony 2 (the one which the Zefies attacked).
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 30, 2009, 03:19:49 pm »

Even in times of war, economy is important. Thankfully, war means that the military needs to buy stuff, so people start making backpacks and rations and stuff for the combatants.

We also scry on the bees. Airborne attacks are feasibly the greatest threat.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 30, 2009, 03:36:13 pm »

Da Boss kallz foar moar teef!

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 30, 2009, 08:21:55 pm »

Wait, Didn't I destroy ant colony 1? Why is it still in the status?

Anyways, the Basinian people will celebrate their victory over the ant oppressors by throwing a week-long parade which will feature the captured ants in gaudy costumes. Additionally, the state of emergency is formally called off; citizens can return to what's left of their homes, and the draft will be put on hold.
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

Navian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 31, 2009, 07:57:57 am »

The Colossi start building up their outer outposts. It's one thing to have a mining town, logging camp, a fishing village, it's another to have forest retreats, beach resorts, and woirld-famous places-for-going-downhill-really-fast!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 31, 2009, 10:59:29 pm »

bump

Strife and Shade. Hurry up.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 02, 2009, 08:21:28 am »

My apologies, work has pretty much killed my online time for a few weeks however I'll do my best to keep my turns running for this.

Now we have removed the bee colony from our land and pushed them back we must turn our attentions inwards and improve life for people. Get our scientists, magic users and other inventive types to work on new technologies for farming and herding to improve the lifestyle of our people. Our scouts of course can keep watch for invaders.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 02, 2009, 10:12:11 pm »

The zefies rework their crossbows, trying to find a belt system. Yes, machine bolts.

Think DF, except with changing bolt stacks to 99!
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 04, 2009, 11:38:58 am »

Bump? Rolls?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 04, 2009, 07:59:10 pm »

Turn 26.  As I warned in my other game, I’m still listening to the Final Fantasy Chocobo Song repeatedly, so errors in this post aren’t my fault either. Sorry for the repeated turn delays. I plan to stop procrastinating sometime in 2012.

Frelock’s Raiders of Rodinia – | The Rodinians harass Colony 2 from the sea. Although their ant mound itself is out of range of ship-mounted Rodinian Fire guns, the Rodinians manage to draw the ants within range of their guns. The ants were prevented from attacking anyone this turn, and both sides sustained light casualties.

Economy – 8.6 + 0.1(Rounding) = 8.7
Technology – 7
Military – 8.5 – 2(+1/turn)
Population – 9.2 +0.6(MRL) = 9.8
Infrastructure – 11
Morale – 7
Bonus: +0.25 on defense
Bonus: +1% population growth

Shoruke’s Starforgers – | The Starforgers invent bags cabinets of holding! These are very useful, especially for storeowners. They can now display all of their merchandise at once, as real estate is very cheap in small inner-dimensional bubbles. Their scryers learn more about the bees.

Economy- 4 + 1.5(ACT) = 5.5
Tech- 4
Military- 5.5 + 0.1(Rounding) = 5.6
Pop- 3.1 + 0.2(MRL) = 3.3
Infastructure – 5
Morale – 7

Warboss Org’s Boyz – | Da Boyz donate many teef ta da Warboss.

Economy – 5 + 1.5 = 6.5
Technology –6
Military – 6
Population – 5 + 0.2(MRL) = 5.2
Infrastructure – 6
Morale – 6

(No, you won a battle and killed a queen.)
R1ck’s Basinians – | In celebration of their victory, the Basinians end the draft, and send most of the military home. Shortly thereafter, a large parade is held. It goes poorly. They had planned on humiliating the capture ants as best they could, to show the average people that their enemies were just big ants. They did not plan on the big ants fighting back. The worker ants break free, and generally cause havoc in Basinia. The exhausted military is called back into service, manages to contain the menace, and destroy the captured ants.

Economy – 5
Technology – 5
Military – 7.8 + 0.1(Rounding) = 7.9
Population – 5.4 + 0.3(MRL) – 0.5(ACT) = 5.2
Infrastructure – 6
Morale – (7)6 - 2(+1/turn) – 1(+1/turn) = 3
Bonus: Draft (OFF). May convert 0.1 pop/turn into 0.1 MIL/turn as a free action. It will remain in the current state until turned back on.
Bonus: Ant larva (???)

Navian’s Bronze Colossi – | The Colossi, secure in their knowledge that any insect large enough to threaten them theoretically cannot stand, build several resorts on their borders.

Economy – 6
Technology – 5
Military – 9.4 + 0.1(Rounding) = 9.5
Population – 7 + 0.4(MRL) = 7.4
Infrastructure – 8.7 + 0.1(Rounding) = 8.8
Morale – 7
Bonus: +0.25 when attacking

Shade’s Zaniah – | The Zaniah invent various miscellaneous technological whatsits and magical trinkets to help most people out in everyday life. The scouts don’t see any invaders.

Economy – 9
Technology – 6 + 1(ACT) = 7
Military – 11
Population – 6.7 + 0.4(MRL) = 7.1
Infrastructure – 8
Morale – 7 – 1(INF) = 6

Strife26’s Zefies - | The Zefies try really hard to invent belt-fed crossbows, but they can’t quite figure out how to draw the string quickly enough for it to matter. They do manage to halve the draw rate though. People are disheartened by their military scientist’s lack of abilities.

Economy – 6
Technology – 8
Military – 8.7 + 0.1(Rounding) + 1(ACT) = 9.8 –2(+2/turn)
Population – 6.7 + 0.2(MRL) = 6.9
Infrastructure – 8.9 + 0.1(Rounding) = 9
Morale – (6)7 – 1(temp, +1/turn) = 6

Sombre Chapaeu – | You mix happy berries, your buckler, and your studded leather armor into some strange new material. You have no idea what it is, but it seems to be able to be forged into something. It gives off a spiffy, pulsating glow in the dark. You’re not quite sure what color it gives off; it seems to change rapidly.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Random Event!
Hey, I’m not crazy, despite listening to that insanity-inducing Chocobo song. At least, I think I’m not crazy. I think I’d know if I was indeed crazy, but I probably wouldn’t tell you if I was crazy.

Ant Colony 1 – Weak? – Status unknown.

Ant Colony 2 – Army – Status unknown

Ant Colony 3 – Largest Hive – Status unknown

BEES – Preparing for an attack on | Basinia.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

DA BOSS KALLZ FOAR SUM SQUIG RIDAZ!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28