Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 28

Author Topic: Rise of Civilizations - Turn 33 Endgame, DF style!  (Read 29193 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of Civilizations - Turn 22. It gets worse.
« Reply #285 on: March 21, 2009, 12:18:21 pm »

It's a 2-minute calculation at worst.

Not to mention, it's helped me become the second most powerful empire out there.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

SombreChapaeu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 21, 2009, 05:28:33 pm »

Alright I obviously need to

Take my forge, fix it up, and inscribe it with the most potent runes of forging I can muster, and as many as I can fit.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 22, 2009, 08:07:39 pm »

I apologize, but I really like procrastinating with writing/rolling/adding the turns for this game. I'll have the rolls up tomorrow for sure (Almost).

I've been thinking about how I'll end this, and I can't quite decide, so It's voting time. Emperor gets a vote too, since he's been in the waiting list for so long. I have one other major threat planned after the insects, then I'll:

A) Usher in a new golden age of peace and prosperity that will last for eons.

B) First player to get to 15(Or so) tech begins colonizing other planets, winning the game

C) Power artifact: Gives +1 to all stats per turn for the holder, can be taken away with force. Victory comes to whoever makes all other civilizations surrender to them.

D) Doomsday artifact: Ends the game in 5 turns, can be taken by force, whoever owns it at turn 5 wins.

E) Something else?

For a prize, the winner will probably just get a guaranteed spot in one of my future forum games, if there is one. Nobody other then me gets any prize at all with choice A.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 22, 2009, 08:12:21 pm »

I just say we keep on going.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 22, 2009, 08:15:08 pm »

A).
Even the avatars expire eventually.

SombreChapaeu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 22, 2009, 09:31:59 pm »

E) because I don't have a victory option. and i'd like to keep on keeping on.

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 22, 2009, 09:36:15 pm »

B! Woo Alpha Centari! Although I would have little chance of actually getting there first...
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 22, 2009, 09:47:44 pm »

E) We invite someone else to be a new GM and keep going on.  Who, I'm not sure.  I wouldn't mind, though I might not be considered an unbiased party.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 22, 2009, 10:31:39 pm »

I'm gonna go with B)... but the Shadow sector is way cooler than Alpha Centauri.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 23, 2009, 09:06:31 pm »

Not even repeated procrastination attempts could stop Turn 23. The Zaniah and Starforgers each get a free bonus skill: intelligence gathering on giant insects. More advanced information will be gained if you both focus on one target.

As for my poll, it seems that most people want to keep going. Frelock, if you want to GM after I'm done, feel free. I had a few GM controlled civs, afterall.

Does this style of combat text work, or should I describe battles differently?

R1ck’s Basinians – | The Basinian armies attack Colony 1.
With some help from a small group of Starforger Diviners, the Basinians quickly surround the nest and cut off the worker trails!
As the Basinians close in, the soldier ants harass the Basinians!
The Basinians take few casualties, successfully killing several soldier ants!
- - - - -
While the main army closes in on the nest, a small detachment of ninjas infiltrates the nest!
They cut down several worker ants while taking heavy casualties, and only one manages to find the queen!
He manages to wound her before being mauled by her!
- - - - -
With success in their grasp, and the army nearly celebrating, a large sea of soldier ants comes from the south west!
The Basinians try to hold their ground, but the ants are too numerous to even begin to count!
The Basinians flee with moderate casualties!

Economy – 5
Technology – 5
Military – 5.2 + 0.1(Draft) + 0.1(Rounding) = 5.4 – 2(temp, +1/turn)
Population – 4.9 + 0.3(MRL) – 0.1(Draft) = 5.1
Infrastructure – 6
Morale – 7 – 1(INF) + 1(Act, temp, -1/turn) = 7
Bonus: Draft (ON). May convert 0.1 pop/turn into 0.1 MIL/turn as a free action. It will remain in the current state until turned off.

Shade’s Zaniah – | The Zaniah dig deeper into their plateau. They find a vein of iron ore with strange impurities that make it stronger then normal iron. They then decide to periodically send out glider-scouts to observe the giant insects.

Economy – 8 + 1(ACT) = 9
Technology – 6
Military – = 9.9 + 0.1(Rounding) = 10 – 1(temp, +1/turn)
Population – 7.7 + 0.2(MRL) – 1(Enemy attack) = 6.9
Infrastructure –8
Morale – 6 + 1(INF) = 7
Bonus: Able to gain basic information from one insect colony per turn.

Shoruke’s Starforgers – | The Starforgers discover a magical forging method that allows them to “link” two amulets, allowing the wearers to hear whatever the other hears. Instantaneous long ranged communication could help greatly in a fight. They continue observing the ants, and carefully watch where the swarm of soldier ants returns to, and name it Colony 2.
(Sorry, true military aid takes a full turn.)

Economy- 4
Tech- 3
Military- 3 + 1 = 4
Pop- 2.6 + 0.2(MRL) = 2.8
Infastructure – 5
Morale – 7
Bonus: Able to gain basic information from one insect colony per turn.

Strife26’s Zefies - | The Zefies invent a multi-shot crossbow, able to fire off five shots before it needs to be reloaded.

Economy – 6
Technology – 7
Military – 8 + 1.5(ACT) = 9.5
Population – 5.9 + 0.4(MRL) = 6.3
Infrastructure – 8.6 + 0.1(Rounding) = 8.7
Morale – 7

Frelock’s Raiders of Rodinia – | The Rodinians build a massive ship, and put their new capital on it. People are unsettled by the thought of spending an entire lifetime on a ship.

Economy – 7
Technology – 7
Military – 7
Population – 7.9 +0.8(MRL) = 8.7
Infrastructure – 9.9 + 0.1(Rounding) + 1(ACT) = 11
Morale – (8)6 + 1(INF) – 2(temp, +1/turn) = 5
Bonus: +0.25 on defense
Bonus: +1% population growth

Warboss Org’s Boyz – | The Orks donate teef to the Warboss, who is currently ranting and raving about needing more teef fer more choppas fer more killing. The Orks like the thought of more killing.

Economy – 4 + 1(ACT) = 5
Technology –5
Military – 6 – 1(temp, +1/turn)
Population – 4.5 + 0.1(MRL) = 4.6
Infrastructure –6
Morale – 6 + 1(temp, -1/turn) = 7

Navian’s Bronze Colossi – | The Colossi become haunted by paranoia. It is clear that something bad will happen, and nobody wants to be unprepared for the struggle. Many Colossi begin training in unarmed self-defense techniques, while others carry weapons.

Economy – 5.9 + 0.1(Rounding) = 6
Technology – 5
Military – 5 + 1.5(ACT) = 6.5
Population – 5.6 + 0.5(MRL) = 6.1
Infrastructure – 8.4 + 0.1(Rounding) = 8.5
Morale – 8

The Dead – | You think carefully, and make a inscribe a few runes onto your forge. It can now transmute matter from one type to another, even if the initial material should be instantly incinerated from the heat.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Random Event!
The giant insects fill most civilians with an impending sense of doom, yet they remain resolute in their desire to live. To win, no matter the cost.

Ant Colony 1 – Weak?

Ant Colony 2 – Strong?

Ant Colony 3 – ???

BEES – ??? – Attack Zaniah! – |
A swarm of giant bees attacks the Zaniah!
They retreat into their plateau, but not before the merciless insects manage to kill some civilians!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 09:36:50 pm by Nirur Torir »

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of Civilizations - Turn 23. When bees attack!
« Reply #295 on: March 23, 2009, 09:16:01 pm »

The zefies look into combustion engines.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 23, 2009, 09:18:23 pm »

Pop- 2.6 + 0.2(MRL) = 2.7
I don't need to have studied for that calculus test to be able to tell you, something is wrong with your math here. (not that I DID study for it...)

The starforgers will attempt to scry on the third ant colony. We also send a diplomat, with a small armed guard, to Basinia with one of those two amulets in order to speed up communications. Diplomats are a free action right?
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 23, 2009, 09:19:18 pm »

What sort of calc Panda?

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 23, 2009, 09:25:45 pm »

I will have the civilians hiding in the canyon support the military by making them magically enchanced armour and weapons, as well as sending them care baskets. Meanwhile, the military will watch the evil insect empires carefully, but they will hold off from attacking for now.
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 23, 2009, 09:37:57 pm »

Pop- 2.6 + 0.2(MRL) = 2.7
I don't need to have studied for that calculus test to be able to tell you, something is wrong with your math here. (not that I DID study for it...)

The starforgers will attempt to scry on the third ant colony. We also send a diplomat, with a small armed guard, to Basinia with one of those two amulets in order to speed up communications. Diplomats are a free action right?
I'm just that good at math.

Diplomats are indeed a free action.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 28