Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 43

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Mafia, anyone? (Round 2 Over!)  (Read 65047 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Mafia, anyone? (Day 4)
« Reply #585 on: March 11, 2009, 05:53:05 pm »

Then vote for him? I think there are already enough to lynch. But...I am still not sure. Maybe he could try to convince through a roleclaim?

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: March 11, 2009, 05:55:30 pm »

*sigh*

Maybe I wouldn't be in this situation if people read my posts.  I already said I have no power role.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: March 11, 2009, 05:55:51 pm »

Hm....

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: March 11, 2009, 05:56:35 pm »

But if this helps:

You are a simple Dwarf.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: March 11, 2009, 05:58:09 pm »

What does everyone else think? I am starting to believe him....sort of.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: March 11, 2009, 06:02:29 pm »

Since when has qwerty been a known dwarf? Apparently there's some inner circle of which I'm not part of, but I assure you, I'm a dwarf, I'll roleclaim if it comes to that.

The inner circle is a set of dwarfs myself and the child have verified. At this point we have few 'dwarves' that remain unchecked as well as the hammerer who is uncheckable but personally I trust or he would have been hammered by now.

I'd rather not reveal who has been checked, although I know others have done so as I fear they will be the first to be targeted by the elves.

That said I imagine with the investigations tonight we should be able to find the last of the elves and then it's just a matter of doing away with them. I have no idea who the traitors are but to be honest it doesn't matter because as soon as we get rid of the last elves we will win.

To be brutal about it I don't know if the one I'm am voting for, karlito,  is an elf or a dwarf, he is however unchecked. He is also the one I believe most likely to be an elf, but it is the maths I trust to win us the day not my gut. Going by the numbers we will check or lynch all those unchecked so far and we win because there just aren't enough elves left to stop us even if myself or the child was to die tonight.

I do not believe the same is true if we nolynch because it takes an extra day to check out whoever doesn't get lynched which means an extra night kill, and if the elves get the the child and myself we might not have the extra day to spare.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: March 11, 2009, 06:10:02 pm »

I don't suspect Karlito any more than the other people who I'm not sure about, but we sort of bandwagoned because we thought he was inactive, and penguin called him out on lying. Now that it turns out that he was telling the truth, I think we might be being too hasty, here.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: March 11, 2009, 08:12:58 pm »

And PoH, your current vote is on a dwarf too, me to be more precise. Why would you vote for the player who stopped you from killing an innocent dwarf?
You've been pretty suspicious. Mostly because you've been pointing fingers at a lot of other people.

Shades, the converted dwarves pose a threat now. It's possible that some of the special roles are elves now, and if the child converted then we're screwed.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: March 11, 2009, 08:14:49 pm »

What if the child is an elf, and has been deceiving us? O_o

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: March 11, 2009, 10:33:45 pm »

Perhaps I should make this perfectly clear. The Traitor Dwarf can be all but the "Noble Dwarves" (plus the Child.) This includes the Duke, the Hammerer, the Philosopher, and the Child.

Any dwarf can be turned by the Druid, except the Hammerer. The hammerer is immune to things, because he REALLY hates everything. And the extra killing role would be overpowered.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: March 11, 2009, 10:35:42 pm »

Has anybody been keeping a list of the deceased and their roles?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: March 11, 2009, 11:08:51 pm »

I unvote.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: March 12, 2009, 04:42:51 am »

Shades, the converted dwarves pose a threat now. It's possible that some of the special roles are elves now, and if the child converted then we're screwed.

They only pose a threat in that they can mislead us. Assuming the logic is the same as last round then the traitors can't win when the elves are dead. We have checked most players. I don't know and don't actually care who the traitors are, I am only looking for the, likely two, remaining elves. (I can't check for traitors anyway) Once the elves are dead we win, the maths says we can do that within two days.
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: March 12, 2009, 08:15:38 am »

A Sheriff's role check will determine Traitors and Converts. However, the Sheriff can only determine role twice a round.

A Sheriff's race check will only determine if the player is a Dwarf or an Elf.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: March 12, 2009, 08:32:08 am »

A Sheriff's role check will determine Traitors and Converts. However, the Sheriff can only determine role twice a round.

Seems I can then. Will the traitors please put up your hands so I can confirm you and not waste my checks?
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 43