Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3630826 times)

Timst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #4305 on: August 31, 2009, 03:38:50 am »

Toady stated that item damage is out for this release, so I guess that's a no.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #4306 on: August 31, 2009, 04:12:46 am »

heres a request i find of the utmost importance and probably several others

could you add an order that forbids dwarfs from reloading/unjamming and collecting trap components. especially if the traps are subteranian because dwarfs will rush to them and likely die
That could probably be done with burows, but it might sill be more elegant to have a special option for it and integrated with alarms and burrows, but probably not worth it for this release.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: August 31, 2009, 04:57:58 am »

I love how fast the coding gets done, it seems like the next version will be avaliable next month ;D

Chronas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4308 on: August 31, 2009, 06:40:47 am »

I love how fast the coding gets done, it seems like the next version will be avaliable next month ;D
he hasn't even started the sites segment, that will take some time, i expect a release before the next decade, though
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...
It should be pretty fun though.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4309 on: August 31, 2009, 07:20:55 am »

so before 2010
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4310 on: August 31, 2009, 07:23:24 am »

he hasn't even started the sites segment, that will take some time, i expect a release before the next decade, though

disregard my statement then  :(

Tenebrais

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4311 on: August 31, 2009, 09:56:49 am »

so before 2010

Strictly speaking, since the first AD year was 1, the next decade begins in 2011.

Then again, that's arbitrarily defining a decade as beginning in that year.

Exponent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4312 on: August 31, 2009, 03:05:06 pm »

Strictly speaking, since the first AD year was 1, the next decade begins in 2011.

Not to mention the fact that the arbitrary definition was made not in that year, but nearly 1600 years later.

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4313 on: August 31, 2009, 04:13:19 pm »

Not to mention the fact that the arbitrary definition was made not in that year, but nearly 1600 years later.
Nobody gets this pissy about how arbitrary an inch is

Edit : Formating FAIL
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 04:32:07 pm by Granite26 »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: August 31, 2009, 04:18:22 pm »

huh? We are going kind of off topic here.

Anyways....

Any progress on the rope thing? It seems pretty critical for the caverns, but I'm sure you could rig something up

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4315 on: August 31, 2009, 04:47:19 pm »

Any progress on the rope thing? It seems pretty critical for the caverns, but I'm sure you could rig something up

Progress since a couple days ago?  I don't think he's been working on underground since then, so it's unlikely.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4316 on: August 31, 2009, 04:53:04 pm »

I was also kind of re-railing the topic, but heh.

Edit: I have another idea.

Now that the rock types will have varying hardness (I think), will this have an affect on erosion? Like granite is very resistant to erosion.

Correct me if I'm wrong on the rock types having varying hardness since I know metal, tissue and other materials will have this kind of property.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 05:00:13 pm by smjjames »

Reyyvo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4317 on: August 31, 2009, 05:14:44 pm »

Nobody gets this pissy about how arbitrary an inch is

Edit : Formating FAIL

1st decade of second century is the years 100-109, so yes, the first century was arguably a bit short on its first decade, but this does not call for a revision. next decade starts 2010. Toady will be amazing if he gets it out by then. And he will be still amazing if he doesnt.

And nobody got mad... thats why nobody gets that mad about the arbitrarity of an inch...

Will we be able to choose the direction in which we throw an enemy? Will there be a throwing skill for this type of throwing? Will it be trainable (like grappling perhaps)? 

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4318 on: August 31, 2009, 05:33:27 pm »

I was also kind of re-railing the topic, but heh.

Oh, haha, good call.

Now that the rock types will have varying hardness (I think), will this have an affect on erosion? Like granite is very resistant to erosion.

Correct me if I'm wrong on the rock types having varying hardness since I know metal, tissue and other materials will have this kind of property.

Yeah, rock will have those properties, but I doubt that worldgen erosion (which is the only erosion right now, AFAIK) will be updated to take them into account (for the next release anyway).  It would be really cool though.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4319 on: August 31, 2009, 05:38:31 pm »

It would be cool if it did though since it could allow for more natural looking landscapes, maybe even allowing natural arches to form. Still though, RL geology is far more complex than DF has even though DF follows it very well and erosion in DF is more of 'slice some off the edge of cliffs' rather than follow the path of least resistance or the path that water flows through.
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 1065