Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3575502 times)

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #4290 on: August 30, 2009, 01:07:50 pm »

What did toady mean by unending attacks?
As far as I've heard, chasms and stuff will repopulate in some way after you get rid of the initial residents. But don't quote me on that...  :P
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4291 on: August 30, 2009, 01:09:48 pm »

Basically enemies won't downright depopulate themselves assaulting you and then stopping all of a sudden for no reason.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4292 on: August 30, 2009, 01:15:43 pm »

Does this also mean the HFS?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4293 on: August 30, 2009, 02:53:41 pm »

Can't be sure HFS never respawned.  Toady IIRC, is making the features more like 2D when they would spawn monsters at random intervals.  The HFS never exhibited that behavior in the first place.

And HFS is being completely redone anyway.  Though details are sketchy obviously.

As for a greatsword chopping off a groundhog's toe and nothing else, didn't Toady mention before that suitably large attacks in comparison to their target will now hit multiple parts each hit?   I recall hearing that, but I don't recall if it was a future thing or something in this release.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4294 on: August 30, 2009, 05:01:47 pm »

Maybe Toady should give us a sneak peek at a few of the raws for the updated creatures and stuff. I know he already gave us a sneak peek at the raws back in december, but chances are that there are some changes.

Regarding the antlers, since deer and their relatives drop their antlers annually, maybe there would be a chance for a male deer to drop a pair of antlers on the map during late autumn/early winter?

Edit: Actually, wouldn't this require a whole new set of codes since there isn't anything like this in DF currently. Except maybe environment changes.
Toady has said that the growth of things is limited to once-only growing, it seems-no seasonal growths.
I always make full sets of armor. Then train them.
I think that should wait for the Magic Arc... :P
Traguna, macoities, tracorum satis dee!

Is it possible for a strike to 'cleave' through separate parts of an enemy to strike others, i.e.
You chop the dwarf in the left arm!
The left arm flies off in a bloody arc!
The torso is cloven asunder!
?

...Hmm, closing a forum tag makes it drop all tags from within it, no [/color] there.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4295 on: August 30, 2009, 05:05:37 pm »

heres a request i find of the utmost importance and probably several others

could you add an order that forbids dwarfs from reloading/unjamming and collecting trap components. especially if the traps are subteranian because dwarfs will rush to them and likely die
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4296 on: August 30, 2009, 05:21:09 pm »

could you add an order that forbids dwarfs from reloading/unjamming and collecting trap components. especially if the traps are subteranian because dwarfs will rush to them and likely die

THIS
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4297 on: August 30, 2009, 05:37:41 pm »

Can't be sure HFS never respawned.  Toady IIRC, is making the features more like 2D when they would spawn monsters at random intervals.  The HFS never exhibited that behavior in the first place.

And HFS is being completely redone anyway.  Though details are sketchy obviously.

As for a greatsword chopping off a groundhog's toe and nothing else, didn't Toady mention before that suitably large attacks in comparison to their target will now hit multiple parts each hit?   I recall hearing that, but I don't recall if it was a future thing or something in this release.

There is this little quote:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #4298 on: August 30, 2009, 06:11:03 pm »

Maybe the Horny Marmots; they have horns AND are almost exactly like groundhogs.

That's not the first description that comes to mind when you hear the phrase "horny marmot."

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile
« Reply #4299 on: August 30, 2009, 06:21:29 pm »

Except that they are hoary marmots.
And for those that don't know:
hoary — (adj) 1. Gray or white with or as if with age.    2. Covered with grayish hair or pubescence.
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

TheDJ17

• Bay Watcher
  • [SWAG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4300 on: August 30, 2009, 07:09:12 pm »

You mean they don't have horns  :'(
The spinning =<*Free Form Jazz*>= strikes the Poster in all the senses, ya' dig, utterly blowing the mind!
The Status Quo has been struck down!

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4301 on: August 30, 2009, 07:58:53 pm »

This might not accomplish exactly what you want, but you can forbid the traps to keep dwarves from touching them.

Narmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4302 on: August 30, 2009, 07:59:52 pm »

You can already do this by Forbidding the trap using the d menu.  Additionally, in the new version you should probably be able to arrange some kind of "Entrance" burrow that only your military have access to, then after sieges you could add your engineers/haulers to that burrow to allow them to clean traps/haul corpses and loot.

Chronas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4303 on: August 31, 2009, 02:43:18 am »

Will piercing through clothing layers damage the clothing with regards to impact force and type?
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...
It should be pretty fun though.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4304 on: August 31, 2009, 02:45:20 am »

Will piercing through clothing layers damage the clothing with regards to impact force and type?

Doesn't look like it -- "Item/attacking part damage" from the Wounds/Combat section of the List, which was previously marked as "Consider," has been downgraded to "Put off (definitely out for this release)".
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 1065