Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3623960 times)

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #3345 on: July 30, 2009, 11:39:47 am »

I heard the dev list isnt all of the changes for the next release, if so, where can I see the other changes? or a changelog or whatever?

Yeah, the dev log functions as a changelog too.  Development of the next release started here in 2008 and continues here for 2009.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: July 30, 2009, 12:23:27 pm »

But when will the game be done!?     :p
Eight years.

YAY! only 3 more years til DF version 1.0! :D  *insert link to the final countdown youtube vid here*

P.S. I'm going to hold you to that Toady.  I have found the weak link in yer "never giving release estimates" strategy.

EDIT: added quote.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 12:28:07 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: July 30, 2009, 12:29:05 pm »

It has been eight years.   :P

shiruba

• Bay Watcher
  • Eto eto... eto eto...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: July 30, 2009, 12:59:36 pm »

But when will the game be done!?     :p
Eight years.

YAY! only 3 more years til DF version 1.0! :D  *insert link to the final countdown youtube vid here*

P.S. I'm going to hold you to that Toady.  I have found the weak link in yer "never giving release estimates" strategy.

thats pretty awesome to know.
"ONORE DIKEIDO, THIS WORLD NO SEKAI SHALL BE YOUR DOOM DESU NE"

finesse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: July 30, 2009, 01:04:54 pm »

But when will the game be done!?     :p
Eight years.

Heh, nice find.. I bet when he said that he simply assumed that he'd never be developing it for even this long. Damn it for being so popular, huh? :)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: July 30, 2009, 01:52:40 pm »

Where do you people live!?

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: July 30, 2009, 03:05:44 pm »

Under a mountain! :D
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Tenebrais

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: July 30, 2009, 05:35:12 pm »

There used to be a mountain.

MoonCabbage

• Bay Watcher
  • Robot Rock, Robot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: July 30, 2009, 08:02:41 pm »

i am the mountain

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The irony ... it doesn't burn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: July 30, 2009, 08:36:55 pm »

I used to live in a mountain ... then I paved the sky and went to da moon.
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: July 30, 2009, 08:41:35 pm »

In Tenebrais mountain. Don't tell him I took it.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: July 30, 2009, 08:47:53 pm »

Near a volcano. We actually did run out of magma for a while but have a great income of rich old immigrants :P .
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: July 31, 2009, 12:13:53 am »

Nope.  I'm not sure how I want to handle them.  They aren't yours, so any order should qualify as an advisory at most, unless you are actually taking them prisoner, especially if there are no obvious threats.  Being able to move non-dwarves to whatever death chamber you want is too much control, though clearly there are always work-arounds anyway.
In some cases it might make sense to be able to get visitors into a death chamber, though.  I could see dwarves setting up a hostel for visiting merchants or ambassadors, then rigging it to collapse and kill them.

Obviously there would be rather nasty reactions to something like that, and if they have reason to be suspicious they might not listen.  But I don't see it as so unreasonable to tell an unsuspecting ambassador or merchant that you've set up some quarters for visitors over there, and don't mind the spikes on the ceiling, they're just for show...
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

corvvs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: July 31, 2009, 12:40:25 am »

Nope.  I'm not sure how I want to handle them.  They aren't yours, so any order should qualify as an advisory at most, unless you are actually taking them prisoner, especially if there are no obvious threats.  Being able to move non-dwarves to whatever death chamber you want is too much control, though clearly there are always work-arounds anyway.
In some cases it might make sense to be able to get visitors into a death chamber, though.  I could see dwarvesplayers setting up a hostel for visiting merchants or ambassadors, then rigging it to collapse and kill them.

Obviously there would be rather nasty reactions to something like that, and if they have reason to be suspicious they might not listen.  But I don't see it as so unreasonable to tell an unsuspecting ambassador or merchant that you've set up some quarters for visitors over there, and don't mind the spikes on the ceiling, they're just for show...

FTFY
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 1065