Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1052 1053 [1054] 1055 1056 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3639227 times)

GRead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #15795 on: March 30, 2010, 01:36:02 pm »

As a matter of fact, there might be some truth in that. Toady ate lutefisk on his last christmas (I think), which is a very dwarfy example of IRL gastronomy.
Indeed, it was Christmas Eve. He did not survive gracefully.

gamegreen33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15796 on: March 30, 2010, 01:36:51 pm »

As a matter of fact, there might be some truth in that. Toady ate lutefisk on his last christmas (I think), which is a very dwarfy example of IRL gastronomy.
Yes, and it was alive when he ate it. In fact, it's still alive, feeding off the hopes and dreams of all of us.
Quote from: dogstile
We all know what those elfs are like. they're a couple of guys who are up to no good, making trouble in our neighbourhood. Now you guys got my mum all scared and now i'm moving with my auntie and uncle in bel air!
imagine fighting someone on the street. You guys are going at it...all of the sudden, he hits you in the face with the tips of 5 fingers. What the fuck is he doing? You're confused, he school boys you, you're going to be lost. Match won.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #15797 on: March 30, 2010, 01:43:01 pm »

I know we can control military and hunter equipment, but I can't seem to find out if we can control Woodcutter equipment or not. Anyone know if we can tell woodcutters which axes to use?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15798 on: March 30, 2010, 01:49:03 pm »

I know we can control military and hunter equipment, but I can't seem to find out if we can control Woodcutter equipment or not. Anyone know if we can tell woodcutters which axes to use?

Nope, nor the miners' picks or the hunters' crossbows (although you can choose what ammo is allotted to the hunters).

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #15799 on: March 30, 2010, 01:50:39 pm »

Ah, well. At least with the ability to control the soldiers it'll be easier to micromanage the civilians.

Thanks, Foot!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15800 on: March 30, 2010, 02:03:56 pm »

I just did my first HFS fort, and was disappointed by how easy it was to take down 31 demons. Looking forward to new challenges ;)

Did the demons happen to hop and ribbit? If so, you've yet to face the true "Horrors of the Deep"

30 tentacle demons and one fire demon.
I know I've seen that anime before...

On another note, I hope that when we get prosthetics, we also have advanced machinery. Urist McChainsawHands FTW!
And there should be explosives if we have Advanced machinery.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15801 on: March 30, 2010, 02:18:58 pm »

Nope, nor the miners' picks or the hunters' crossbows (although you can choose what ammo is allotted to the hunters).

At least not through the military screen. You can do the forbid method to get them to pick whichever axe or pick you want them to grab.

sweitx

• Bay Watcher
  • Sun Berry McSunshine
    • View Profile
« Reply #15802 on: March 30, 2010, 02:20:08 pm »

@abadidea
Man(Girl? no-one know on the webs) gorgeous and heck we need to upgrade visual fortress.

Heh and a girl with a artefact hammer? Either to many snatchers or a bad Girl/boy ratio in this fort.

The forms of burial are mostly a religious thing i think thought cultural aspects play into it too. Since we have undeads "living impaired" beings in df maybe dwarfs have apart from the fortress-guard a dedicated Graveyard guard. Burning/leaving too animals of the corpse or burying in grave-hills would be nice too.

I guess a graveyard-guard is obtainable by the new military screens.

I am in fact a girl! And my bias shows in that I systematically favor female dwarves whenever possible; beardless is beautiful.  :P

Are you aware that even female dwarf have beard.
Beard for EVERYONE!
One of the toads decided to go for a swim in the moat - presumably because he could path through the moat to my dwarves. He is not charging in, just loitering in the moat.

The toad is having a nice relaxing swim.
The goblin mounted on his back, however, is drowning.

bombcar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15803 on: March 30, 2010, 02:21:33 pm »

Could you make your woodcutter an axedwarf, assign the axe out want, and then derecruit him?

monkeyfetus

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring:terrible puns]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15804 on: March 30, 2010, 02:22:27 pm »

Female dwarves don't have beards without modding.
Why does my adventurer keep crying?
Greiger's is actually correct...  sadly enough.  The emotional circumstance processor is still turned on, with a randomly rolled up personality, but they can't express themselves or take control...  they can only cry.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15805 on: March 30, 2010, 02:23:43 pm »

Could you make your woodcutter an axedwarf, assign the axe out want, and then derecruit him?

With the new military screen, that could work in theory.

Female dwarves don't have beards without modding.

Do we have to go through the beard stuff as we did that already.

Also, beardless female dwarves FTW!

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #15806 on: March 30, 2010, 03:02:41 pm »

^ Mod in two races of dwarves. One of them will have women with beards, the other will have clean-shaven women.

There will be great and bloody war between the two.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #15807 on: March 30, 2010, 03:04:28 pm »

With the new military screen, that could work in theory.

I don't think so. The ax you assign to the axdorf, I think will be tagged as military equipment then gets stowed when hes a civvie.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #15808 on: March 30, 2010, 03:10:19 pm »

Indeed and yay a girl listening to all that geek-stuff XD.

I'm a few weeks away from a degree in computer science, and NESdev (hi Quietust) is my big hobby, I'm at least as geek as anyone else here ;)

BTW I am planning on making a mod to add multiple human civs with the flavor of real ones, including my favorite, the Tocharians: a bunch of redheads who apparently followed the Silk Road from Europe to China and settled there and became Buddhists.

I like you more and more :P.  Also congrats to the degree. I by myself am only programmer without any degree - never had the money for a degree.

[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15809 on: March 30, 2010, 03:24:19 pm »

The DF forums has an amazing diversity of users, from super geek girls to vikings.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.
Pages: 1 ... 1052 1053 [1054] 1055 1056 ... 1065