Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 860 861 [862] 863 864 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3630907 times)

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #12915 on: February 20, 2010, 07:10:51 pm »

I wish he'd do the more specific stuff (like the hydra test) before he went into the random bugs that remained, seeing as how it's so difficult to see progress now...

I think its because the test is invalid if performed while there are crash causing bugs and layer bugs running around. All or most of those have to be fixed first so the hydra test can have trustworthy results.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12916 on: February 20, 2010, 07:18:47 pm »

He could just toss a Hydra and something capable of killing it into arena mode once in a while to check on it, but hey, not like we determine his schedule or anything.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12917 on: February 20, 2010, 08:06:00 pm »

Absurdly valuable dragon pus (and absurdly low value dragon teeth)?

Best. Bug. Ever.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12918 on: February 20, 2010, 08:16:13 pm »

Yea I might very well mod high value dragon pus back in after the release. Just as a tribute.

I mean hell, not like you'd be able to actually harvest the stuff...  At least not until Dwarven Science catches up anyway.

For now, I'll just settle with adding this to the dragon raw.

[PREFSTRING:valuable pus]
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 08:18:42 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12919 on: February 20, 2010, 08:58:12 pm »

dragon pus was like creamy gold. Infect and collect!

Eew, lol.

Heh. It's like a Pat Mills comic or something. Although, if dragons had an incredibly strong immune system, their pus might be incredibly valuable by dint of it containing the deadliest pathogens imaginable.
Well no, the pus is the dead white blood cells and dead pathogens. It's the corpuscle that would be useful for that.
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

madman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12920 on: February 20, 2010, 09:10:13 pm »

If it's any consolation, it seems like they're managing to get a bit further through a fortress. There's less "The dwarves' eyeballs turned to magma on embark and then the game crashed" type bugs and more wierd non-gamebreaking quirks that only become apparant after a while. The kind that the version will inevitably ship with, and people will actually be sad when they're fixed.

It's also quite promising that he's got the game out to other testers - that's one of the signs that things are getting more stable.
Quote from: bluea
Compilers are Dwarves with the beards abstracted away.
They can pull completely amazing maneuvers, yet manage to die of thirst in the river.

sproingie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12921 on: February 20, 2010, 10:21:23 pm »

Absurdly valuable dragon pus (and absurdly low value dragon teeth)?

Best. Bug. Ever.

Agreed.  Yoink!
Toady is the man who Peter Molyneux wishes he was

Quote from: ToadyOne
dragon pus was like creamy gold. Infect and collect!

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12922 on: February 20, 2010, 11:01:01 pm »

Yea I might very well mod high value dragon pus back in after the release. Just as a tribute.

I mean hell, not like you'd be able to actually harvest the stuff...  At least not until Dwarven Science catches up anyway.

By the sound of the dev log, the absurdly valuable pus was proper behavior.  The problem was that the teeth weren't valuable.  Unless I'm wrong.  I can be wrong.  Somebody back me up on this.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12923 on: February 20, 2010, 11:16:40 pm »

By the sound of the dev log, the absurdly valuable pus was proper behavior.  The problem was that the teeth weren't valuable.  Unless I'm wrong.  I can be wrong.  Somebody back me up on this.
While I may be wrong...I think the teeth were supposed to be valuable, while the pus was not.
But don't quote me on that.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12924 on: February 20, 2010, 11:26:21 pm »

It would make sense for dragons' bodily fluids to be valuable in general; in the days of folk medicine and alchemy, imagine how much that stuff would go for.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12925 on: February 20, 2010, 11:31:35 pm »

"Drink this magical yellow fluid everyday for the rest of your life and immortality shall be yours!"
"I'll pass thanks."
Meh.

Shinigami42

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12926 on: February 20, 2010, 11:54:10 pm »

That's the impression I got. It seemed like he intended for all parts of the dragon to have a specific value mod, and the bugged and made it so only the last item on the list was modded, instead of the entire list. Pus and teeth were both on the list, but pus was at the bottom, so pus got the modifier it was supposed to have and teeth didn't get any modifier.

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12927 on: February 21, 2010, 12:15:05 am »

Personally, I am reassured by the fact that people have had forts that are at least a few years old.  That means a couple hours of gameplay without catastrophic failure or crashes.  That means... stability!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12928 on: February 21, 2010, 12:26:02 am »

Dragons teeth should be up there with Adamantine in value. Its the kind of thing you really want to have be a masterpiece creation or part of an artifact.

Although if you're running a dragon farm, I guess you can do whatever you want.

PeterTheEvilBastard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12929 on: February 21, 2010, 04:05:42 am »

If there is even a remote posiibility of creating a DRAGON FARM.... Please someone tell me it will be possible? It would be even more epic than mermen and unicorns.
Pages: 1 ... 860 861 [862] 863 864 ... 1065