Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 39

Author Topic: Vaiolis' RPG - The End is Here  (Read 46210 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Vaiolis' RPG
« Reply #105 on: January 18, 2009, 01:21:40 pm »

And I'm fully recovered now, no more sickness. Woo! Although I might get sick again very soon after seeing Webadict's drawing... I mean aren't there rules against posting such vivid horrific images? Strife's is good though.
I only drew what he does. If he weren't so graphic himself, then I wouldn't have drawn them so.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 18, 2009, 02:35:23 pm »

But Ee-gads man! That was just terrible! I haven't seen a more gruesome and horrible image in all my days!

It was indeed excessive, all of that gore.

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 18, 2009, 03:11:00 pm »

"Done by tonight"? Aw, bugger, timezones mean that I won't see it before I wake up.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 18, 2009, 03:18:25 pm »

I don't care how long it takes you, Vaiolis, you're doing an excellent job! We all understand that there are times when we are busy and there's nothing you can do about it. I really enjoy your writing, as well as the format for the game.

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 18, 2009, 03:20:42 pm »

Oh yes, definitely. My complaint was about the timezones entirely.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 18, 2009, 03:45:43 pm »

Oh yes, definitely. My complaint was about the timezones entirely.
That's entirely your fault for being alive.

Anyhow, I've updated my picture to account for Flat's newfound armor. Also, again, this picture is very graphic. I even added some more gore, so try to contain your disgust.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 18, 2009, 04:23:39 pm »

Egads! Such fury! I'm sure Ironblood would feel modest around such anger!

Surely this is the look of a bird with internal strife, taken out on that pile of gore.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 18, 2009, 05:06:56 pm »

I lingered looking at that one. What I saw should have repulsed me, but I did not find myself shocked, nor did I find myself disgusted.

I would plead for God to forgive me, but I feel that God may have left this thread long ago...

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 18, 2009, 05:18:58 pm »

Surely this is the look of a bird with internal strife, taken out on that pile of gore.

Not Strife! He was too young! Although if I ate a coat that defies the laws of physics I'd probably be a bit enraged as well.
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 18, 2009, 06:02:30 pm »

Relax, Vaolis, They  were probably just testing the FLAT cannon.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 18, 2009, 06:08:01 pm »

If that were true, would there be any bones left?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 18, 2009, 06:22:19 pm »

If that were true, would there be any bones left?

There would likely be a small mean guy with sharp pointy things if the flat Cannon was used.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 18, 2009, 06:44:25 pm »

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 18, 2009, 10:34:14 pm »

Ah, finally finished! Woo! Seems the wicked shaman of the west has planted invisible poppies in the village though...
Turn 25
Group 1: Flat, Astor, Gaweir, Abronychus, Zak
Flat: I will search for some survivors, or something. Especially that leatherworker! If possible, I'll store some small stones in my pouch while searching.
Astor: I look West from the HQ and note anything that sticks out. Afterwords, I will find a quiet spot in HQ and take a breather. Heck, I might even practice a little magic(Something along the lines of energy flowing through the body, not any fancy electric balls).
Gaweir: I shirk off everything again, in sort of an annoyed manner. I use my Focus Spell again, and attempt to reconnect with my mind to find out what that vision meant. Or perhaps encounter a different such vision. Either way, I'm resting while I do so, and perhaps while I rest, I'll come upon information that I can USE. Rather then vivid visions with sketchy information.
Abronychus: I continue sleeping, I guess.
Zak: I decide to sleep for now, letting my body regenerate faster. I ask the villager that is nearby to massage my leg every now and then.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although the strange purple explosion puzzled the entire group, it seemed that such events were now commonplace, and everyone continued about their usual tasks. Astor climbed up to the top of the HQ, bringing along a mat, and rested, staring to the West. It seemed relatively peaceful, at least as far as normal was concerned. Great black storm clouds continued to rage above the volcano, branching streaks of lightning cascading across the sky. But that was as it always seemed to be, nothing more, nothing new. Looking up, Astor saw that above them were a few, small stray white clouds, however other than these it was a beautiful, clear day. There was even a slight breeze, which was fairly relaxing. Zak decided to rest as well, dozing off on a stool by the wall while the villager helped to keep his leg alive. Abronychus continued his sleep as well, however he had no visions, and simply slept peacefully.

Gaweir once again began to focus, interested by the vision, but at the same time quite annoyed at its seeming uselessness. Resting on the wall as Zak did, he focused, trying to determine what his vision had meant, where it had come from, or to try and get an entirely different vision altogether. But something seemed off... his original annoyed feeling slowly dissipated, and he felt more content, unable to keep his concentration. He also seemed unable to find even the slightest vision or connection outside of his own mind, nor in it. He shrugged off his focus and went outside to see if he could determine why he could not get a vision, as if some outside source prevented it. But he saw nothing.

Flat left the HQ and looked around outside, also feeling quite content with the current weather. He started to strut around the village, looking for any sign of life, slightly afraid that none had survived. But there wasn't a soul. Wait... there wasn't anything. Flat realized all the bodies had vanished, and the burning hut to the north west had ceased burning, and had, in an unusually quick amount of time, become a pile of ash, only slightly smoldering. Regardless, he went to each hut, looking inside, but finding no life. Well, aside from the old man, who he saw was also curiously staring around, standing by the burnt down hut, sifting through its remains. Flat went over to the large hut and ate a number of small stones from the ruins of the obelisk, and proceeded to put them into his pouch.

Still feeling very relaxed, Astor sat up somewhat lazily. Deciding he should not simply rest the entire time, no matter how inviting it was, he thought he should try using energy to help his body. Deciding first to attempt to alter his reflexes, as that was what had first come to mind, he flexed his arm upward, as though about to strike downward with a blade. Creating a light surge of energy in his arm, he then brought it down as quickly as he could, and found he swung much faster than usual. He decided to ask Xix, assuming they found her, later for the reason behind why it worked, but until then continued using the energy magic to increase the speed of his movements. A single movement was easy enough, but what about chains of movements?

Astor got off the roof onto the ground, and ran from the HQ to the large hut, timing how long it took him. He than ran from the large hut to the HQ, but this time trying to energize every movement he made as he ran. It was very difficult to make each one at the precise moment, and he found his movement jagged and somewhat distorted, but nevertheless his time was nearly halved! However the constant springing of his joints made him sore, and he decided to rest atop the HQ once again. It seemed so quiet, and peaceful. Unusually quiet...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Group 2: Xix, Jalthas, Strife
Xix: I try to find out what happened and where it came from, then I give advice on the best method for strife to get through those bars.
Jalthas: If it looks like the ceiling is going to fall on our heads, I will be trying to dodge any potential nasty falling bits.  If that isn't an issue, then I'll be trying to finish off that last bar in the way, using the other bars if necessary, though trying to avoid attracting too much attention.  If I get out, I'll take a look at the other cells in an attempt to see about opening them up, particularly Xix's cell.  Assuming all this happens, I'll try smashing the locks or weaker bars of the cell with his recently liberated weapons. Any sort of action which would involve using my hands, I would be taking care not to injure myself further. I'll also follow Strife's example and try to displace the final bar with a kick..  Making it a point to be careful.
Strife: I suppose that I have to be a copycat and try to break the bars at well. If I still have my boots I'll go for kicking instead if punching though.

"What was that?"
"Doubt it's anything good. We really should get out of here..."
"Looks like Jalthas hurt himself pretty well punching, if you aren't as strong as him I wouldn't suggest trying. Your bars aren't as rusted. But that was an odd event..."
"Yeah. Hey Jalthas, if you hurt your hand, why don't you try kicking the bars?"
"That would hurt less..."

Jalthas faced the final bar, standing sideways, and gave the bar a mighty kick. It bent partially, but did not break, and Jalthas yelped in pain, holding his foot. Somewhat frustrated, he moved to the back of the cell, ran towards the bar, and jumped at it, kicking with his other foot. It broke that time, and flew away, clanging noisily.

"Agh... should have jumped the first time."

While Jalthas took a moment to sit in the hall rubbing his foot, with no other beings in sight in either direction, Xix took a curious look and closed her eyes.

"Uhh, Xix, what are you doing?"
"If that was a seismic shock, it should have been more even throughout, and would have been longer. Likewise, if it was something collapsing, it wouldn't have lasted that long, nor been as strong at the end. Thus, I assume it's magical. And if that's so, there should be a bit of residual energy hanging around..."

Xix concentrated, trying to remember how the enchanted rings she had worn before had felt different from non-magical ones, and seeing if such a feeling was in the air. After a few moments, she realized such energy was present.

"Yep, it was definitely something magical. My guess would be the shaman is up to no good, once again. With the way he was speaking, he is probably doing something to help him determine how his story can work out. If that's true, he's obviously lying. He shouldn't have to force his story to work if it is true."
"That feels a little better. If I were you Strife, I'd try jump kicking too. Far less painful, especially if you break it on the first try."
"With the way you yelped? You're insane... but I'll try it anyway.
"Judging by the way the rust is aligned, you'd better aim above the major rust line. I know you probably think you should hit right at the rustiest part, but that won't work as well. Make sure you keep your foot sideways, don't kick straight forward."

Going to the back of his cell, Strife mentally prepared himself, rubbing his hands together and convincing himself he could accomplish this feat. With one last breath, he ran full speed at the bar, jumped up, and kicked...

"I don't think you kicked hard enough..."
"You think?! See if I ever try that again..."

Strife was laying on the ground holding his foot. He hadn't broken it as far as he could tell, but it was badly bruised, at the least.

"Should probably leave the kicking to Jalthas. Although, with his current condition, perhaps it's best if you go and try to find some keys? Then we would be alone, though, hmm..."

Group 3: Casimir, Dux
Casimir: I stand up and look at what the gnome is looking at. I first ask what he just did. Then what we needed to be rescued from and what we did to deserve being rescued. I'll check my belongings too, and orient myself with my compass.
Dux: I question the gnome about what is going on here and use telepathy to make sure he isn't lying. I also try to identify the magic force released from the stone.

"So much for third time's the charm..."
"Er, what did you just do?!"
"What's it look like I'm trying to do? I'm trying to get the hell outta here! I'm sick and tired of being stuck on this god forsaken island with these god forsaken black creatures!"
"You look to be a decent mage. Couldn't you teleport or something?"
"Oh, believe me, I've tried! But there's this gigantic dome of magical energy covering the entire island, and it's completely impenetrable! This is the third blast I've fired at it, but still no luck in shattering it."
"So, you want to escape. Why did you rescue us, then? Couldn't you have escaped on your own?"
"Oh, you sure sound grateful. Being alone is torturous! I could use a few people next to me, and what better than a fellow spellcaster and a... well you look intelligent at least."
"What did you rescue us from in the first place?"
"Well, you see, I was in the jungle looking for a few things when I found you two on the beach! Shipwrecked, no doubt. Anyways, I assumed you were in the same boat as me, metaphorically speaking, so I was about to help you when a group of those disgusting warrior types came and dragged you off to the southern castle, no doubt to imprison you as they had to that wolf guy and shady looking one. But anyways, I quickly blasted them to pieces and brought you here!"

Dux attempted to look into the gnome's mind, however it seemed something was partially preventing him. However, what little he could see was honest.

"Alright, so you're saying that everyone here is trapped? How did we get here in the first place?"
"Well I don't know everything, but I'd say this magical... err... force field of sorts seems to be one way. Now, with how I've met these creatures, especially the shamanistic types, they are not one to not think something through. Everything they do, and I mean everything, has a reason. Either they aren't powerful enough to keep intruders out, only keep prisoners in, or-"
"Or they want us to come here. If that's true, then us being here must be helping them. And if that's true, escaping will not only help ourselves, it will help everyone. So, you say you've tried three times to break that barrier down, yes? How are you trying to do so?"
"Well, as far as I'm concerned, everything has its opposite. With fire magic, there is ice. Earth magic to air. Energy to... well you get my point. The thing is, arcane magic has no opposite, or rather it is its own opposite. Fight fire with fire, hmm? So, after a bit of studying, I now know that this barrier is definitely made through arcane means. Thus, I'm trying to send a powerful blast of arcane energy right at that barrier! As I'm sure you know, arcane magic varies in color from a hot pink to a dark purple, and all I have to use as reference to the shield's color is the stars and moon at night. So this is pretty much a guessing game. However, I've never had that ripple effect occur before, thus either I'm getting close, or I hit the correct color and I'm just not using enough power! It's just so exciting!"

The gnome seemed to be getting more and more spastic, moving about anxiously, speaking quicker, using more and more hand motions, and achieving a slightly higher tone of voice. He definitely acted far more energetic than his age suggested. While he was speaking, Casimir checked through his belongings as Dux had, to make sure he wasn't missing anything. To his relief, he wasn't, so he then pulled out his compass, and upon looking at it for a moment, saw that the castle out the window, and thus the window, faced south. The volcano he had seen faced west, and the ocean was to the east. He didn't know what was north, however.

Flat:
 - Wounds: none
 - Inventory: Found Rock Chunks (6) (+damage, --accuracy)
 - Skills: Observation skill increased slightly
                Flat's Observation skill is now at level 2!

Astor:
 - Wounds: bruised back effects=tired
 - Inventory: none
 - Skills: Concentration skill increased slightly. Casting skill increased slightly. Energy skill increased moderately. Alteration skill increased moderately
                Astor's Energy skill is now at level 2!

Xix:
 - Wounds: cracked skull status=slightly treated effects=faster tiring, very thirsty
                bruised back effects=none
                bruised stomach effects=none
 - Skills: Observation skill increased slightly. Mathematics skill increased slightly

Gaweir:
 - Wounds: scratches effects=tired, difficulty focusing (--focus spell)
                bruised right arm effects=none
                bruised hip effects=none
                bruised chest effects=none
                bruised head effects=none
                badly bruised left shoulder effects=light pain, -actions using left arm
 - Skills: none

Abronychus:
 - Wounds: pierced stomach status=mostly treated effects=light bleeding, extreme pain (---actions), extremely fast tiring, very tired (--actions), faint (-actions, faster tiring)
 - Skills: Resistance skill increased moderately

Zak:
 - Wounds: broken left leg status=splinted, moderately treated effects=slight pain, --movement, frozen (slowly dying leg), faster tiring

Jalthas:
 - Wounds: badly bruised right hand effects=[glow=yellow]-actions using right hand[/glow], slight pain
                badly bruised right foot effects=slight pain, -movement
 - Inventory: Found Large Iron Bar
 - Skills: Kicking skill increased slightly

Strife:
 - Wounds: chipped right heel bone status=untreated effects=pain (-actions), -movement
 - Skills: Kicking skill increased slightly

Casimir:

Dux:
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 18, 2009, 10:53:42 pm »

I wake up from my feverish, injured sleep and suggest something:

"We should all have a set of fake identities, for next time we meet up with anyone. I can be the narcoleptic explosives expert, Astor is a former desert slave trader turned ecobiologist, Zak is the petty politician with a heart of gold, Gaweir is a former professor of anthropology who was fired when he demonstrated the use of an atlatl in class and accidentally killed the daughter of the university's largest donor, and Flat is a giant, vibrantly colored penguin that gained sentience and the ability to fly after a head injury almost killed him. That way, we'll be ready."
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 39