Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 39

Author Topic: Vaiolis' RPG - The End is Here  (Read 46180 times)

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vaiolis' RPG
« Reply #120 on: January 18, 2009, 10:55:31 pm »

I'll take a moment to examine the bars on Xix's and Strife's cages...  If none of them look like I could break them easily, then I'll sneak ahead and look for anything of interest.   Emphasis on keys or equipment.
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 18, 2009, 10:56:04 pm »

Vaiolis, you.re made of awesome.

I guess Xix will continue along the same lines of action roughly, maybe being a bit more talkative if she cant help much more whit the escaping.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 18, 2009, 10:59:11 pm »

Dang it, am I the only one in the group NOT injured?

Something's up... and the only other person the least injured is Astor. So, I'll try and get Astor to help search for the people. Also, if he won't help, I'll try the old man. *SQUAWK!*

Seriously, guys. Somebody help me. Just come along for the ride, if you want, I can carry you.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 18, 2009, 11:05:24 pm »

"I'll do it!"

Abronychus staggers to his feet and drags himself towards Flat.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 11:09:08 pm by inaluct »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 18, 2009, 11:25:49 pm »

Obviously my sleeping is not working. Very well then.

I wake up and after seeing the minor if not totally ineffective effect on my leg, I thaw it out and properly treat it so I can use it like normal.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 19, 2009, 01:07:22 am »

And NOW I will show you what a GOOD picture of Xix looks like:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I cant believe I drew that, I must be super-talented to learn this quick and make awesome stuff like this more or less on first try! Ain't I modest to you think?

Edit: thou I could have cut away some of that empty background for the web...
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 01:16:42 am by Armok »
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 19, 2009, 02:03:56 am »

I agree with Armok. You're made of awesome, Vaiolis. Shown by, for example, this thread lasting a week and almost a hundred posts just so we could see the continuing awesome.

Also, that must be one badass gnome. I'll conclude it would be better if we escaped from what the gnome is escaping from as well, so I ask if there's anything I could do to help. I won't forget to mention that I am better in the way of mechanics than magic.
I'll also introduce myself to the gnome. and if there's time, I ask if there is anything useful to know about the environment.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 19, 2009, 02:11:19 am »

Did you look at the picture? I want as many and as long and as detailed comments of all kinds as is absolutely possible from everyone.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 19, 2009, 02:27:22 am »

Actually, I quite liked it. I thought that some of the metaphysical imagery was particularly effective. And interesting colour use also, which seemed to counterpoint the surrealism of the underlying metaphor of the humanity of the painter's compassionate soul which contrive through the medium of the gradient's structure to sublimate this, transcend that, and come to terms with the fundamental dichotomies of the other and one is left with a profound and vivid insight into what Xix is all about!
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 19, 2009, 02:31:23 am »

Do you actually MEAN that, or are you just saying random art-related words? It makes to little sense to be the first, and it makes to much sense to be the second, meaning that it's probably just the random words and that it makes sense because of a statistical anomaly.

Edit: Some optics-related fixes:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 02:36:46 am by Armok »
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 19, 2009, 02:36:52 am »

Hehe, thank you very much ;)

As for your image of Xix, Armok, I must agree that it is a truly awesome picture, first creation or not, and thus especially so since it is your first. The many colors of her clothing and body are well created as well as shaded, with intricate detail placed solely where it may be deemed necessary.

The way in which she seems to use her laptop on nothing is also a very clever and intriguing design, which may have a number of meanings. Perhaps it is displaying her prowess with telekinesis, since she only has two hands, and is thus unable to display her staff. Perhaps it may also show that, along with a non-solid background, Xix is constantly in motion, moving to many places, never with a set position. But, wherever she may go, her technological abilities never cease to exist. Her seemingly unfazed expression upon receiving the blue screen of death also reveals she is highly capable of the use of technology, and possibly even its repair, through physical means or through the programming within.

Her position also reveals much about Xix. The way in which she slightly bows her head and keeps her hood up shows that she is not often forward with her attacks and actions, but her outstretched arms, even if not displayed in such an event, reveals that, when necessary, Xix will act. The just barely visible smile beneath her hair shows she has a self-awareness of her capabilities, and also knows that her abilities are great, and also exceed the skills of those around her. Not to mention that her left fore-paw is forward, thus showing that, even if an event she is not exceedingly capable in comes to pass, she will not falter, and takes a leading role in what might happen. Coupled with the rest, she is a highly intelligent tactician, and, although she will battle when necessary, will be useful even in the background, leading the assault.

Other than these positive revelations, there are also a few negative. The possession of glasses obviously states to her bad eyesight, but its light glint may also display her ability of foresight. Her pale skin also suggests she is far more connected to inside workings of technology, and thus may not spend as much time outside. The upper deep yellow color in the sky suggests she may venture out at times, but rarely in the bright daylight, rather at morning, or dusk.

As for other notes, her finger-thumb grip on the antennae shows she is comfortable using it, and not afraid to drop it. Either this means it is a sturdy piece of equipment, or she uses it often. The way in which the inside of her hood fails to be shadowed may also point to her ability of foresight, as though it originates from her eyes, and possibly illuminates all secrets that may originally be hidden.

Quite a contemporary piece of art! And I mean it.

EDIT: the optics fix further displayed the implied foresight from her glasses ;)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 02:40:27 am by Vaiolis »
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 19, 2009, 02:44:04 am »

Words of wisdom.
Thanks ^_^

About 1/3 of those things I consciously thought of, and I'd guess another one and a half 1/3 (that'd be... 50%) was probably on a semi-concious level.

Edit: I think I did those proportions wrong: all three fractions (concious, subconscious, luck) is probably arbitrary and unknown and cant be put in numbers like I tried above: specifically I have no idea what is subconscious and what is just random and what is something else. Also I guess it's not technically the first thing I have ever drawn, but it is the first successful character I've drawn whit realistic shading and such that I can remember, and it's the first on this tablet I think whit one exception that ended quite horribly.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 02:50:14 am by Armok »
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 19, 2009, 02:47:25 am »

What Vaiolis said.

But seriously, not bad! I couldn't make anything like that on my first try.
And the floating laptop? I like to pretend that instead pushing her fingers down on the keys, she lifts the laptop up against them.

And my speech?  That was the combined effort of Ford Prefect and Arthur Dent, describing Vogon poetry to prevent being tossed out of an airlock. They then proceeded to be tossed out of an airlock.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 19, 2009, 02:54:25 am »

Must... Resist... Urge to explain everything... Because it'd take longer than making the picture in the first place did... And I should have been of line some time ago... Augh...
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 19, 2009, 02:55:19 am »

Your picture can be summed up by three words: Nice picture there!

I help the gnome develop this barrier-breaking spell and while doing so try to learn it myself.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 39