Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 39

Author Topic: Vaiolis' RPG - The End is Here  (Read 46197 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Vaiolis' RPG
« Reply #135 on: January 19, 2009, 09:12:17 am »

About the picture: Same as JK, but only because I'm using my PSP at the moment and it has a character typing limit.

Still, good stuff!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 19, 2009, 10:16:03 am »

Daaaang... Nice picture Armok!

However, can it possibly top my picture of Flat's BATTLE CRY?!?
Spoiler: Graphic, as always (click to show/hide)

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 19, 2009, 10:42:19 am »

This is only a two dimensional representation, and yet it manages to inspire despair.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 19, 2009, 10:46:59 am »

I wasn't able to kick my way free, huh? AND I called someone insane. Strife is being more hypocritical than usual.

I guess that I'll talk to Xix for a while, while being on the lookout for ways to escape. If any chance comes up to help Jalthas by shouting or something, I'll take.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 19, 2009, 10:52:13 am »

I suppose Astor will try to find the others and tell them what he knows. Perhaps they will try to formulate a battle plan? Who knows, whatever Astor is needed for.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 19, 2009, 11:37:43 am »

Next Turn:

I think I'll take a bit of a breather, as it now seems that not only is it a bad idea to commit acts of hard labor, mental labor is hindered aswell. Therefore, I shall try my hand at drawing once more, to relax again. Perhaps a fine picture of...Hmmm. Wheres that bird?

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 19, 2009, 12:15:50 pm »

Try drawing something from THE FUTURE.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 19, 2009, 12:18:58 pm »

Alright, I'm working on the turn as we speak! Hehe, I might even get it done by tonight, I've gotten fairly far already...

And yeah, after seeing the pain Jalthas went through Strife was a bit skeptical to try breaking the bars, and after he fractured his heel bone without making much of a dent, if any at all, he was quite frustrated.
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 19, 2009, 12:34:32 pm »

Well of course. If you felt a spike of fist o' agony punch into your foot, you'd be pretty annoyed as well.

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 19, 2009, 07:34:05 pm »

A turn in a day! Reminds me of old times... also a very colorful turn ;)
Turn 26
Group 1: Flat, Astor, Gaweir, Abronychus, Zak
Flat: I'll try and get Astor to help search for the people. Also, if he won't help, I'll try the old man.
Astor: I suppose I will try to find the others and tell them what I know. Perhaps we will try to formulate a battle plan? Who knows, whatever I am needed for.
Gaweir: I think I'll take a bit of a breather, as it now seems that not only is it a bad idea to commit acts of hard labor, mental labor is hindered as well. Therefore, I shall try my hand at drawing once more, to relax again. Perhaps a fine picture of...Hmmm. Wheres that bird?
Abronychus: I wake up from my feverish, injured sleep and suggest something: "We should all have a set of fake identities, for next time we meet up with anyone. I can be the narcoleptic explosives expert, Astor is a former desert slave trader turned ecobiologist, Zak is the petty politician with a heart of gold, Gaweir is a former professor of anthropology who was fired when he demonstrated the use of an atlatl in class and accidentally killed the daughter of the university's largest donor, and Flat is a giant, vibrantly colored penguin that gained sentience and the ability to fly after a head injury almost killed him. That way, we'll be ready." After this, I will stagger to my feet and accompany Flat.
Zak: I wake up and after seeing the minor if not totally ineffective effect on my leg, I thaw it out and properly treat it so I can use it like normal.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The group continued about its pace, relaxing quietly, or doing their best to perform productive actions. Flat continued to survey around the village, realizing that no people were in the obvious areas, and was thus checking other places, such as in barrels, underneath tables, and even a glance in the well. The well was the same as before, extremely mossy, moist, but otherwise empty of any water. Abronychus had awoken from his sleep, and after a few moments, had an idea.

"You know, with everything that's happened, the Rahn inya are bound to be searching for us. We should get a set of fake identities! I can be the narcoleptic explosives expert, Astor is a former desert slave trader turned ecobiologist, Zak is the petty politician with a heart of gold, Gaweir is a former professor of anthropology who was fired when he demonstrated the use of an atlatl in class and accidentally killed the daughter of the university's largest donor, and Flat is a giant, vibrantly colored penguin that gained sentience and the ability to fly after a head injury almost killed him. That way, we'll be ready."
"Huh, what? Oh yeah, a politician who had his leg frozen? That will be easy to explain. Speaking of which, I really should have this properly splinted, the cold is numbing, but definitely not good..."

Zak yelled to the old man, who was still by the burned down hut at the north west. He heard him and came over quickly, at first thinking he was in trouble, but then realizing it wasn't too serious.

"Yes, are you alright?"
"Now that we're not in danger, do you think we could thaw my leg and have it properly splinted?"
"Sure, one moment..."

The old man recited a few words before his hands started to catch fire. Zak looked a bit worried, but expected the old man knew what he was doing. The old man then grasped the icy casing around Zak's leg and, after a few moments, it had completely melted. It was lucky he had, too, as Zak noticed his leg was in far worse condition than he had realized. It was a dark blueish black, seemingly dead. However, after a few moments, Zak felt pain returning, a sure sign it was still alive!

After his suggestion and watching Zak's leg, Abronychus slowly staggered to his feet and walked towards Flat outside the HQ, holding his stomach. The amulet seemed to have healed it farther than normal, and it looked fairly safe to walk with, but most likely not act. Flat noticed Abronychus approaching, and eagerly went over to him and bent down as he struggled, but succeeded in climbing up. But, before he took off to check around the area, Astor asked him to wait. Astor then called everyone else out, insisting he had urgent news.

"As you know, I went and scouted ahead, towards the village to the north. As I went, I found that the path there is perfectly clear! However, the village, which sits in the ruins of an old castle, is completely overrun by the Rahn inya. And I saw no survivors, nor any bodies, suggesting they've been gone for a while."
"Well then, whoever isn't dead is probably in prison, so I don't see any reason to rush, we should search this village more, see if anyone is alive."
"True, but Xix was also supposedly taken there, and we've no idea what will happen to her. I say we rest a bit more before moving on."

Flat went into the air, flying around the village from a distance up to see if he could find any survivors, with Abronychus holding tight and looking as well. Astor began to check around as Flat was, checking in areas formerly unchecked. Zak, deciding a bit of motion, while painful, might help out his leg, bandaged two straight pieces of wood to his leg, splinting it, and began to check around as well, limping carefully so as not to damage his leg further. Gaweir, meanwhile, went to the leatherworker's store, and took a tanned leather to draw on, as well as a thin piece of charcoal he found by the burnt down hut. With them, he once again began to create an image of Flat, having a bit of trouble focusing on it, but nonetheless creating as good of a rendition as he could. After a while, it came out to be a generally poor image, but Gaweir managed to get a bit of practice in on how realistic the images came out to be.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Group 2: Xix, Jalthas, Strife
Xix: I guess I will continue along the same lines of action roughly, maybe being a bit more talkative if I can't help much more with the escaping.
Jalthas: I'll take a moment to examine the bars on Xix's and Strife's cages...  If none of them look like I could break them easily, then I'll sneak ahead and look for anything of interest. Emphasis on keys or equipment.
Strife: I guess that I'll talk to Xix for a while, while being on the lookout for ways to escape. If any chance comes up to help Jalthas by shouting or something, I'll take it.

After the failed attempt at escape, Strife regained his head somewhat, calming down quite a bit. Jalthas took a closer look at the bars on Xix's and Strife's prisons, and found that they were indeed far less rusted, and thus much more difficult to break. Xix continued to think if there were some other way.

"Well, that didn't go so well. Any other ideas?"
"No, sorry. Even without my glasses, it's obvious Jalthas' cell was rusted more than ours. If he just barely broke through his when they were like that, there's little doubt he will fail trying to break ours, especially since he's now injured. However, we could get out of here through fair means. The way that shaman acts, there's no reason why he would keep us here, unless he wants us to break out. There's no reason to simply keep us here, if he wants us for some other option he has more than enough power to keep us moving, and if he wants us dead, well, we would have been dead by now."
"Right. So then perhaps my bars were intended to be broken, while yours were not."
"And thus, I'm guessing the keys to our cells are nearby!"
"Brilliant! Jalthas, see if you can't find them!"

Looking down both corridors, Jalthas realized that in one direction, left of Xix, right of Strife, there was actually a wall, but it was so dimly lit it looked like a passageway. He thus went the opposite direction, slowly and quietly, in hopes of finding something of use. The corridor went for quite a ways; Jalthas had passed around ten more cells on either side, and still there was no sign of an end. However, the end could be near, the place was very dimly lit with mere embers of torches sitting on the walls, two across from each other after every three cells. But, after around twenty-cells-on-either-side later, Jalthas found a staircase leading upwards, guarded by two Rahn inya armed with jagged scimitars. But even more interesting, the guards were by an old, moldy nightstand with a candle, and above that, hanging on the wall, was a key! Jalthas needed four to open their doors, but it was a start. But, he wondered, how would he get past the guards, considering it would be near impossible to get the keys with them standing there, or should he fight them and risk the noise?

"So, Strife, why is it that you want your trench coat back?"
"Well, for one thing, protection, even if not much of it. But more importantly, it has near infinite space in its pockets. If you only put a couple thing in, it's pretty useful, however with a great number it gets confusing. I can also pull out knives, and sometimes guns from it!"
"That... makes absolutely no sense, but if it's true that's extremely useful!"
"Yes, it's gotten me out of many situations before. Never had it taken from me though, let alone have I ever been captured like this. Makes you realize just how much you need it sometimes..."
"Oh, I can imagine. I mean, before I was captured I had just finally hacked into a government website, which apparently knows what happened to me, or at least I believe so. But now, I'm without my laptop, and even without glasses!"

Group 3: Casimir, Dux
Casimir: I'll conclude it would be better if we escaped from what the gnome is escaping from as well, so I ask if there's anything I could do to help. I won't forget to mention that I am better in the way of mechanics than magic. I'll also introduce myself to the gnome. and if there's time, I ask if there is anything useful to know about the environment.
Dux: I help the gnome develop this barrier-breaking spell and while doing so try to learn it myself.

"Is there any way we can help out? Sounds like we should get off this island as soon as possible."
"Yes, I'd like to help as well. You wouldn't happen to be able to teach me that arcane blast you're using, would you?"
"There's plenty of ways you can help! But I can't teach you that spell, it is near impossible to cast without special equipment. What? No, this stone doesn't do it! Think of the stone as a switch. Below my tower I have a massive energy reserve which is constantly creating the arcane power I need, and every day or so it builds enough to be able to send out one of those blasts. But anyways, help... help... hmm... oh yes! Well, obviously we won't be breaking this dome unless we get the color precisely correct, and the power high enough, so there's two things we need to get. First off, there's a very special instrument, known as an Arcane Telescope. Wizards use it all the time, if they have one, to determine the exact color of an arcane spell. Since we can't directly target the dome, since it's transparent, we an use it at the moon at night, as it shows the purple color. But I don't have one, we will need to find one! And, along with that, we should try to get one of the orbs that sits atop those stone teleportational obelisks. That shouldn't be too difficult, but we'll have to be very careful!"
"Err... I'm better with mechanics then magic, will I still be of use?"
"Of course! My robed friend here can help me with the magic, but the telescope is completely mechanical, no magic involved! I'm not saying you should make one, you can try if you like, but its use definitely suits you more than I."
"So, where can we get all these things?"
"Well, aside from me obviously, pretty much any arcane wizard has one. If I remember my lore correctly, the ruins of that castle to the south once held a decent mage, and who knows, maybe he left his trinkets there! As for the orb, you can get one off of any of those obelisks. I used to have a disc with me that would help, but recently I seemed to have... misplaced it... but oh well, there should be one near the castle ruins as well. Seems those vile beings took it over anyway, and with their shaman, well even if the mage that lived there took his telescope, I'll bet there's another one there now! So... wait a minute, where are my manners? The name's Thalmid. You are?"
"I'm Casimir. Pleased to meet you."
"Dux. Pleased to meet you as well."
"Wonderful! Well, since we're both going to be on quite a journey, and hopefully we'll be leaving soon anyway, feel free to take anything you think might be useful, now or later. I've only a few things here, and the other rooms below have little to offer, but you can check them too if you wish. I'm going to go pack a few things, meet me at the bottom floor once you're ready to go! Do hurry though, I really can't wait to get started!"

Flat:
 - Wounds: none
 - Inventory: none
 - Skills: Observation skill increased slightly. Flying skill increased slightly. Gliding skill increased slightly. Carrying skill increased slightly

Astor:
 - Wounds: bruised back effects=none
 - Skills: Observation skill increased slightly

Xix:
 - Wounds: cracked skull status=slightly treated effects=faster tiring, very thirsty
                bruised back effects=none
                bruised stomach effects=none
 - Skills: none

Gaweir:
 - Wounds: scratches effects=difficulty focusing (--focus spell)
                bruised right arm effects=none
                bruised hip effects=none
                bruised chest effects=none
                bruised head effects=none
                badly bruised left shoulder effects=slight pain, -actions using left arm
 - Inventory: Created Crude Image (charcoal, leather)
 - Skills: Drawing skill increased slightly
                Gaweir's drawing skill is now at level 2!

Abronychus:
 - Wounds: punctured stomach status=treated effects=severe pain (--actions), very fast tiring, very tired (--actions), faint (-actions, faster tiring)
 - Skills: Resistance skill increased slightly. Observation skill increased slightly
                Abronychus' Resistance skill is now at level 3!

Zak:
 - Wounds: broken left leg status=splinted, mostly treated effects=severe pain (--actions), --movement, faster tiring
 - Skills: Resistance skill increased slightly. Observation skill increased slightly

Jalthas:
 - Wounds: badly bruised right hand effects=[glow=yellow]-actions using right hand[/glow], slight pain
                badly bruised right foot effects=slight pain, -movement
 - Skills: Ambushing skill increased slightly

Strife:
 - Wounds: chipped right heel bone status=untreated effects=pain (-actions), -movement

Casimir:

Dux:
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 07:41:26 pm by Vaiolis »
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 19, 2009, 07:56:34 pm »

Next Turn:

Again, we really can't do much without a plan, or without rest. So until someone thinks of a REAL plan, I think I'll draw somemore. I'm very determined to make a GOOD image of that bird. So lets take it from the top once more.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 19, 2009, 07:57:33 pm »

I'll try to position myself in a way to investigate more of the room, and perhaps get a jump on those guards, taking care to avoid alerting them.  If there appears to be nothing else of interest in the room, I'll pounce and take down one of the guards, preferably by the throat, and try to take down the other just as quickly, speed being the important part.
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 19, 2009, 08:17:25 pm »

Well... Maybe we should leave? The town's empty... Wanna go to that one place with all those Rahn inya? I suppose it's better than not going anywhere? Anyway, let's kill something! I'm getting hungry, and I'd rather not eat rocks...

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 19, 2009, 08:19:21 pm »

Yes, Astor likely would have received more experience for doing more practice, but this is a more in-character turn anyway.

Although it seems we are waiting for the insiders to break out, as we have yet to be given a plot hook. If none are given next turn, of if this group doesn't mobilize, then Astor is sneaking into the enemy base of operations.

But for this turn, Astor is using the full time to practice magic will the gear provided. Except for the robe, as his clothes are comfortable as they are. Heck, he might even practice with the old man(Whose name we need not know.)

Also, smoothly done with the energy weakness. Smooth.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 19, 2009, 08:36:11 pm »

You are doing quite a good job whit Xix that there isn't much for me to add. One thing thou, if they WANT us to escape maybe it means we SHOULDN'T, or at least not in the way they expect us to. also Xix will probably question exactly how that coat works.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 39