Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 61

Author Topic: Lords of Creation  (Read 64680 times)

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Creation
« Reply #465 on: January 21, 2009, 10:11:09 pm »

((It's my realm, no one is allowed in or out without my permission.))

((Yaven'Gan or whoever could storm the place and take over, but only if he can beat you in a fight there. I'm personally going to wait untill you are done, then give the poor sucker superpowers and Divine artifacts.))

"You're sure this is the one, Wayock? He looks rather puny. And a bit muleheaded."

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: January 21, 2009, 10:34:48 pm »

Once when Insurgo walked alone thought the caverns to think, a gravitational ripple appeared, it formed a singularity that instantly bust, sending forth more ripples, interference creating more singularities in an infinitely complex pattern, after a fraction of a second it took the shape of a creature of beauty and a gleam of wisdom that even the gods did not posses in her eye. The hologram spoke.

"We are the Illochicate, children of Axiom who live among us as equal, we long ago left this cursed multiverse in exile from the evil of it's gods, however we cannot abandon the innocent whiting in to the eternal torment in their ignorant hands, while we cannot any more interact whit the world of yours directly, we know you seek to end their reign, and that you seek answers, and those we CAN provide. I am Iquanova, over and out."

And the ripples flickered into entropic nothingness.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: January 21, 2009, 10:45:01 pm »

((To be more exact, all physical, mental and metaphorical entry into Nar, of which there is one, is locked. So he COULD storm the place, if he got me to unlock the door. And why the hell would I do that?))

"Looks can be deceiving."

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: January 21, 2009, 10:52:04 pm »

(5 PP, to begin!)
"Okay, everyone pay attention.

You may not like me, so fine. I don't care. What I do care about is that society is about to be torn apart by terrible wars. I can't let that happen. Innocent people will be harmed in such great and mighty conflicts.

And yet, at the same time, the existence of a Class System means the existence of a Class Struggle. I can't let the oppressive class sytem go unchallenged.

And I can't let Evil win. So you can see I'm in a bit of a...1/Primoda.

But...the Concept of War itself have...not exactly been defined. I've seen the build-up to such a conflict, lots of violence going on, but wars...not happened yet. And after reflecting on Apura Khon's advice, I realize I may have gone too far with my reform projects.

So I will now provide definition to War itself, by creating the Concept of Duels.

(3 PP=Concept: "Duels"/War)

Duels work like this. Faction A and Faction B hate each other and have a dispute. Each of them nominate a Champion. They fight in an arena observed by judges. Three times they fight. Best 2 out of 3 wins. The dispute get resolved in the winning Faction's favour. The other side will consent to the agreement, and will not be able to launch another Duel for 3 Cycles.

There will be no violence outside of the Dueling Arenas. No organized battles, no raids, no plundering, no genocide, nothing. Understand?

Good. I don't like this solution at all. But it's better than nothing."

(((EDIT: I actually considered instead to just ban war outright, and just force everyone to go through the Democratic process. People vote for factions, like the Evil Party, the Good Party, etc. Everyone has to respect the Democratic process. I decided against it, if only because, well...that's a bit too much. Not fun at all.

I could still do it, if you guys think it would be okay. But I think this dueling this would at least peserve some of the violence of warfare)))
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 10:58:51 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 21, 2009, 10:59:55 pm »

A pale figure wearing a white blindfold and simple white clothes steps out from the shadows in the cavern where Insurgo is. It is Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa. He is smirking.

"That's funny. I don't really consider myself evil, and I don't intend to eternally torment the inhabitants of this universe. Not all of us are like Yaven'Gan, building massive armies of mindless slaves. I've always thought that the ability to think and search for truth is what makes a being worth creating. If you talk to some of the other gods, they might agree with me."

Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa fiddles briefly with his blindfold and smirks a little bit more.

"It's ironic that I wear this blindfold; I like it for things to see. It's even more ironic that you would be contacted by one of Axiom's creations, who would denounce the actions of the gods. Axiom created his followers to be perfect; even more perfect than us. The rest of us tried to dissuade him, but he would not listen. He created a race capable of nearly anything. They could accomplish magnificent actions on a whim."

Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa is really smirking a lot now. Seriously.

"What he failed to realize, however, was that without struggle, there is no triumph. His creations cannot really have any meaningful success when they are incapable of failure. If you can see everything all at once, you can never discover anything. It's the same with pleasure. If you're always feeling great, how can you know? You have nothing to compare it to."

Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa's smile widens.

"That's why I try and cause discomfort. It isn't as bad as causing outright anguish, and it makes it so creatures can relish the time when they experience pleasure. If I didn't do this, they wouldn't feel pleasure."

"Think about it."

Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa steps back into the shadows and disappears.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: January 21, 2009, 11:19:13 pm »

Nel'ulos was glad he had postponed the creation of his race for so long, for he now had some societal rules to base his creations after. this new race he created were designed to be amazing fighters with a reptilian appearance covered in gray fur and a huge muscular frame but with an ever burning curiosity. he placed the first on a cliff in his mountain range. the new race looked around, their heads filling with questions like, "why am i here?" "who am i?" "what is this place?". So Nel'ulos approached them. he told them about the beginning of time, who he was who they were and everything in between. but only vague details. "you must pursue the rest of this information yourselves, you will always have a home on this mountain but dont restrict yourself to it.  go out and discover the rest of the world. oh and by the way, you are called the Behemoths."

((ok so basically the behemoths are a shamanistic warrior race. they want to know about the world and explore and, being warriors they will usually conquer some place if they want to stay there.))

((EDIT: damnit i forgot to write my pp usage
create populace 3
teach populace 1 no pp left))
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 04:13:37 pm by Dragooble »
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: January 21, 2009, 11:20:58 pm »

((We should probably make an updated pantheon and list of races and celestial objects.))

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: January 21, 2009, 11:40:49 pm »

"Nel'ulos, on who's side shall you fight? Will you let your Behemoth's hearts and heads be filled with hatred for the Gods and for each other? Or will you aide us in driving back Yaven'Gan?"

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: January 22, 2009, 01:24:15 am »

(Oi! Why does everyone hate me all of a sudden? :P

Also here are all the deities that have signed up, a few are inactive though:
Spoiler: Here they be (click to show/hide)

The only new celestial object is Apura Khon's unnamed moon IIRC.)
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 22, 2009, 02:24:26 am »

Gsilnisa stirred.

What was that? She thought to herself.

Gsilnisa was a being of crystal. She was a great researcher, and discovered many interesting uses for gems. Diamonds were her favorite. They had a great variety of uses, and she sought them wherever they were.

Where am I? Why is it so dark... So cold?

The last thing she remembered was an explosion.

I must've blacked out.

A diamond caught her notice, embedded in a wall. She reached for it, and recoiled in horror as she realized that her arm was not her own. Her well-trained mind became frantic. She uttered a cantrip to calm herself down. She saw her new body, like a spider, one of the stone crabs she had studied before. Only... It was smoother and brighter.

I had no idea that diamonds had such transmogrative properties, and translocative?

She felt no residue from such a spell. No sign of magic, the aura she became so attuned with was gone. It was like an archer losing his sight, or a painter losing his hands. She began to walk, in her new form, down the tunnel. Looking for help...

She had no idea that she had died.

She felt a strange presence, emanating from the cold. It was like the magical auras, but much more powerful, a being of some sort. She spoke, but had no idea which orifice it had come from.

"Hello?"
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 02:28:37 am by Psyco Jelly »
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: January 22, 2009, 03:01:20 am »

And lo, Insurgo did mull in the marketplace over the things he had heard, and the things he had seen. Long did he think. He thought of the Sapphire Tunnels sporadic comeback in the war, of the rising of great generals from the populace. He thought of the perfect beings of axiom. He thought the most of the words of Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa. The market flowed around him, but he paid it no heed. He sat perfectly still, thinking for hours, days.
Eventually he reached a conclusion. It was not the conclusion he had hoped to arise upon, but he knew it was what must be done.

He awoke, and called unto Gur'ak, and his acolytes.
"Gur'ak, Re, Tyo-ur, Het, Silent-one. I have decided on what must be done. Alas, I must leave sapphire tunnels for a while- no, do not cry out, for I shall return. Whilst I am gone, you must be as me. You shall teach the people. Teach them what they want, what they need, and what you want them to know. It is vital that you teach them, for the less the gods can over them, the less they can affect them. To aid you in this task, I give you these-" He held up five inferior gems on woven string "-Within each of these gems is portal to the plane of education. Aid the people. Send their cries of help to the gods. Send the most important to me, and I shall hear them. Go forth, my Teachers, continue my work!"
And with that, he dissapeared, leaving the Teachers behind, each clutching an amulet of education.

(Insurgo speaketh unto the Illochicate-Note:Edited)
First he came unto the place where he had seen the Illochicate, and he called unto them. And Iquanova appeared, and he questioned her. He asked of the world, of history, and of the hub. Finnaly he asked; "Can you not come forth to help in my battles?"
But Iquanova sighed, and shook her head. "I may not. We are bound out of this world by more power than you can imagine. Only Our lord Axiom can free us, but he has sworn not to interfere. Even talking to you requires a loophole"
"What loophole?"
"Quantum mechanics- Providing loopholes sine 1962!"
"Er. But seriously, is there no way I can use your power at all?"
"Well, there is a way, but it is dangerous-Our world may be sealed, but the beings of the Hub, they may aid you-"
"I would rather be banished to the underworld (die) a matyr than leave the world to suffer!"
"Very well then, this is what you do-" And Iquanova explained a ritual to Insurgo that would open a portal to the Hub for one fraction of a second. She showed him diagrams, and plants, metals, and gems that were required. Finnaly she said; "Also you shall require knowledge of the arcana- mere gem working will not be enough"
"But the ony source of that knowledge is the Codex!"
"Yes. Yes it is." And the Illochicate dissapeared.

(Insurgo will be back! After school!)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 06:58:41 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 22, 2009, 03:49:03 am »

((Shuldnt be here this late even, but NUKE that post dosnt fit what I said in several ways:
1) there is a 1000+ years delay in comunications.
2) they are not a residue population in the hub, they are in an location outside the multiverse, and Axiom is there, even if he will not speak directly.
3) the loophole was relativity, not quantum mechanics
4) Illochicate isn't a species, it's an organization, wich among it members include Axiom, the "Perfect Beings" and even stranger and more powerfull things. ))
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Navian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 22, 2009, 04:31:01 am »

"The concept of duels between races is massively injust. It assumes not only that the two races are equal in individual strength, but also in their focus on individual prowess. This is unfair, easily exploited, and will stunt all societies that engaged in it. If total war is unacceptable, at least some other way should be found, one that is fair and equal, allowing all strengths and weaknesses to come into play."

"I propose the concept of Astral Combat. By this means, races will be able to fight for supremacy on a level battlefield through structured but open means, without causing physical harm or destruction of real property."

"All races will be able to engage in it subconsciously, during dormant or restful periods if possible, and the prosperity of their real domains will reflect their success or failure, so that losers are merely marginalized and assimilated rather than conquered or wiped out. Duels can still be used to finalize specific claims, if both parties agree to this method of resolving their differences."

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 22, 2009, 05:47:28 am »

"War is just a natural part of most mortal society. Leave it as it is. Why would armies want to win, if there isn't anything to win?"

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 22, 2009, 07:27:46 am »

(Armok: Ok, I went and fixed it a bit. The 1000+ years in communication doesn't really work, because Insurgo hasn't been around for that long. Also, the quantum mechanics bit is just a joke. I assumed the Illochicate were the science split of the hub-residents, but whatever. I can work with that. As long as there is a) an excuse to (try to) access the codex arcana, and b) dangerous summoning of beasts not meant for thys world!
Also, no war? Come on! We're talking sentinent creatures here. If a thundering voice from the heavens says: "There shall be no war", you know they're going to fight each other about whether it was 'shall' or 'shallt'.
)

Insurgo speaketh unto the gods
Insurgo went forth unto the under-under world, and he spoke unto Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa;
"You misunderstand me, Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa. I do not wish to free sentinence of pain or suffering. I wish for man to be free, and freedom contains the freedom to suffer. I object to the gods making the choices over what is right for men. Man should choose whether he should suffer, how to treat his friends, and how to treat his enemies. However, I realise that I will never succede to this end completely. I must make conccesions if I wish to advance. As such, I deem your evils lesser, for giving man some choices in life. Whatever your reasons, I must swallow my pride, sit on my knees and ask you to aid me spread freedom in the world. In return, I shall- I shall aid you in your own struggles. What say you? No- do not respond at once. Take your time."

And with that, Insurgo left, and turned to the arbiters grounds. Here he spoke once more of consesions, and said: "Any toymaster who prefers toys that think alone, and perform free actions, for now I consider you a friend. If you are one who thinks man does not know his own way best, or who seeks to use them solely as play-things, I consider you an enemy"

Long Live United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 61