Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 102

Author Topic: DoomRL 0.9.9.6 out, GRAPHIC TILES  (Read 159112 times)

ZhangC1459

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DoomRL: Hell just froze over
« Reply #1125 on: November 13, 2010, 04:55:26 am »

my first partial standard win.. sadly, it was on easy:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Basically what happened, is I decided instead of going for a shotgun build, I'd go for an ammochain build.  I only saved the assault shotgun for the Halls of Carnage (and I dropped that when I found a plasma shotgun that I ended up never using, lol), and got ammochain sometime before that.  At some point, I also picked up a sniper weapon pack, which i immediately threw onto a plasma rifle, and that's about where the game got ridiculously easy (except the spider's lair. Fuck arachnotrons, I should've teleported. I even pulled out the BFG a few times... ended up homing phase'ing and taking the stairs).
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 11:00:40 am by ZhangC1459 »

Dorten

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: November 13, 2010, 07:24:23 am »

Partial win is where you nuke Cyberdemon and die in process.
Yours is standard win.
And full win is there also...
Cacodemon 2nd Leutenant
medals: 8/40
specials: 30/44
badges: 13:8:3:0:0

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: November 13, 2010, 02:55:46 pm »

ZhangC1459, protip; use the code function on your mortem. Not only does it make the map look orderly, but it prevents the forum from thinking the letters in brackets (e.g "[c]") are codes for various forum functions.

Here's an example.
Spoiler: Without code (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: With code (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

ZhangC1459

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: November 14, 2010, 11:00:07 am »

Ok, revised.  Reason why I didn't is because for some reason all the "code" posts are one line long and i have to scroll through all of them.

Also I've been going for ammochain build on HNTR, and this really pissed me off:

What happened was, I dropped down the stairs, and there were something like five or six imps and a Baron of hell right there, along with a napalm barrel.  It was such a good run, too, I had found two red armors on level 8 and a third after the Wall, and I was that close to getting ammochain.  *sigh* I knew I should've healed instead of reloading.

Dorten

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: November 15, 2010, 05:18:58 am »

Isn't this a nice start of the level?

Fire -- Choose target...   The missile hits the imp. The missile hits the     
 imp. The imp dies.                                                             
                                              #                                 
                                              %%                               
                                         # ###%%                               
                                         ..#..%%                               
                                        ##.#%%%######                           
                                        .............                           
                                         #......0.....                         
                                         #.......0....                         
                                         #0..........#                         
                                         #...@.+.....%.                         
                                         #.###########                         

Dorten                     Armor : blue armor [2/2] (67%)                     
 Health: 110% Exp:  5/84%   Weapon: chaingun (1d6)x4 [35/40]                   
 cautious                                                    Phobos Base  Lev7 

Cacodemon 2nd Leutenant

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: November 15, 2010, 01:44:20 pm »

I've found my second 'exotic' combat shotgun within 4 levels of each other. 7d3 damage and [5/5] ammo with pumping, it's pure awesome with the reloading and shotgunnier traits  8)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: November 15, 2010, 03:19:24 pm »

I think that's the assault shotgun. The reloader trait reloads every shot in the 'clip' when you move. It is great.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: November 15, 2010, 03:31:10 pm »

Should work awesome with that hellrunner master trait thing.

ZhangC1459

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: November 15, 2010, 05:34:17 pm »

I think that's the assault shotgun. The reloader trait reloads every shot in the 'clip' when you move. It is great.
Nope. Assault shotty is, I believe, 8d3 damage with [6/6] and it's an automatic shotty.  the combat shotgun is the blue one that you have to move or reload to chamber a new shell after each shot, which is what I think he's gotten, since those are infinitely more common (the blue {'s).  In fact, it's not even an "exotic", according to the wiki.  But they're awesome nonetheless.  And it's not the reloader trait, it's shottyman, which requires two reloaders (unless you  meant shottyman, lol)

Oh yeah, here's my first-ever Nightmare! run.  Suffice to say I didn't last long:

I don't even know why I had Ironman traits.

And here's my highest-scoring run so far:
Spoiler: AoS on HNTR (click to show/hide)
What happened, if mortems are tl;dr, I found the Trigun, of all things, on level 13.  So it turns out I can't use its normal fire modes, or even altfire, but what I can do is use the alt reload, which, for those who don't know, is a
.  I found an invincibility on level 20 or so, and though it doesn't say it, I nuked 20 and 21 for the hell of it (i saw Revenants and Mancubi and Archviles, and yeah, fuck that), and decided to enter the Mortuary.

That's when my invincibility ran out. Fuck.  So after trying to legit clear it out, I ended up nuking it.  And myself.

Also, fuck nightmare mode.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 05:37:07 pm by ZhangC1459 »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: November 15, 2010, 09:28:10 pm »

WHAT THE FRIGGING FRICK?!
Okay, so I'm standing in a doorway (previous position before death indicated by a G) (a wall that was intact before death indicated by a !) with a Hell Knight coming up from the left. There's also a barrel right next to me (previous position before death indicated by a K). I'm wielding a Double Shotgun. So I fire at the Hell Knight aaaaannnnddd... What happens? THE GODDAMN BARREL ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WALL FROM THE HELL KNIGHT BLOWS UP FOR NO GODDAMN REASON KILLING ME. I mean, what the frick?!
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: November 15, 2010, 09:33:53 pm »

I'm far from experimented in that game, as i die a lot, but i wonder if there are more stupid death than my last character :

Basically, my guy managed to survive with a bit of luck in fighting the bunch of lost souls, the 2 cacodemons and the 2 bruiser brothers that were guarding the hellgate.

As i had not found some super weapon, i had to deal with those only with my combat shotgun, then my rocket launcher that i used trying to fire through the fog of war, as thanks to  Intuition i could see their "presence" (i doubt i would survive in any game without the Intuition skill)

Anyways, in the 1st hell level after the hellgate, i spawned in a too small map with 5 cacodemons roaming it.
I wasted my last few medic kits and lost my red armor to them while trying to run away, but fortunately i found a little corner that the cacodemons were not going over, so i could actually catch my breath !
Waiting until the cacodemons were bored in waiting around that corner and went away (thanks Intuition skill again) i was popping up and was shooting through the fog of war with my combat shotgun (as i wanted to spare my few rockets left in case of next level would be uglier).
I repeated that until the 5 cacodemons were dead.
The map was cleaned, i was happy, all would be going well now.

I was relieved (as i was not really in a good shape health point wise) to see another green armor nearby and immediately went to it before exploring more (and hoping for globes or medic kit) but .... lava ! you die !
Damn, i didn't noticed that just before that green armor there was a little dark red = , a little lava pool.
Stupid, stupid , stupid.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 09:37:57 pm by Robsoie »

Dorten

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: November 15, 2010, 11:22:49 pm »

I mean, what the frick?!
Double shotgun is always fun!
I always scream FFFFUUUUUUUU!!!! when I get "Khe, he, he, this will be a mess!" on my AoS runs  :D
Cacodemon 2nd Leutenant

ZhangC1459

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: November 16, 2010, 12:10:49 am »

I mean, what the frick?!
Double shotgun is always fun!
I always scream FFFFUUUUUUUU!!!! when I get "Khe, he, he, this will be a mess!" on my AoS runs  :D

Dude, I go FUUUUUUUUUUUU regardless.

Especially on my last HNTR run I did, where I dropped into a level that had Khe, he, he, this will be a mess! and... two mancubi and an archvile. Fuck.

Then, to make it worse, I pulled a lever (away from all barrels) hoping it would blow them up... it makes all the walls go away. Double fuck

The next three moves, they're in range, triple fuck.

EDIT: I JUST GOT THE RAILGUN.  FROM THE ARMORY.

Spoiler: but... (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 02:23:02 am by ZhangC1459 »

Dorten

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: November 16, 2010, 03:43:35 am »

Yeah.
Yesterday I got Trigun AND blaster on the same level. On AoB run  :D

Everyone hates RNG. Evreryone loves AoMC, since it disables RNG in half of the checks!
Cacodemon 2nd Leutenant

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: November 16, 2010, 12:04:33 pm »

Just get Intuition on AoMC and you win the game forever. It also half wins the game on Pacifist, although it requires two levels in Eagle Eye.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 102