Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 102

Author Topic: DoomRL 0.9.9.6 out, GRAPHIC TILES  (Read 159127 times)

Dorten

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT ]
    • View Profile
Re: DoomRL: Hell just froze over
« Reply #1110 on: November 09, 2010, 11:38:45 pm »

Well, there was an arena level, one yellow V, then another yellow V, then third yellow V with red O... Then I thought: "just how much yellow Vs can there be?" and didn't use med pack. And then there was another yellow V and seven brown Ms.  :-[

And thats on HNTR...

I didn't even try anything harder yet.
Cacodemon 2nd Leutenant
medals: 8/40
specials: 30/44
badges: 13:8:3:0:0

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: November 09, 2010, 11:45:03 pm »

Ouch, that sounded painful.

Did you have any BFGs? If so, that kind of situation is the best time to use them.

Did you have any phase devices? Because if so, you should've used them.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dorten

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: November 09, 2010, 11:48:00 pm »

Nah... No phases, no BFG (Ao100).
Cacodemon 2nd Leutenant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: November 10, 2010, 12:05:54 am »

Special levels aside, I appear to have had... five maze levels in a row now. Base 7 through 12. And this one's full of lava. Joy.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: November 10, 2010, 02:21:21 am »

SONOFA-

*Sigh*

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Damn, that's depressing. One step in a room and I die the next turn. Argh... So close... Just two more levels... Goddammit RNG, you suck soooooooooo much.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dorten

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: November 10, 2010, 05:41:38 am »

I have a question.

Strongman bronse badge - Win standard game using basic melee weapons

So. Which weapons are considered basic there?

EDIT: isn't this frustrating?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 06:49:36 am by Dorten »
Cacodemon 2nd Leutenant

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: November 10, 2010, 06:45:45 am »

I have a question.

Strongman bronse badge - Win standard game using basic melee weapons

So. Which weapons are considered basic there?

Basic weapons mean non-artifact weapons, so no cleaver, Longinus, and such. So fists, knife, and chainsaw.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: November 11, 2010, 12:07:15 am »

Wow, the RNG hates me today. As soon as I start the game I'm almost dead.

Dorten

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: November 11, 2010, 03:42:59 am »

I have a question again

The numeration of hell levels starts from one again, so I'm a bit confused: at which level I should cry with happiness if I have a nuke, homing phase and found the invulnerability?
Cacodemon 2nd Leutenant

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: November 11, 2010, 03:48:23 am »

Hell levels start at level 15, I'm pretty sure. And the Arena's at level 25, so you should cry with happiness at hell level 9 (level 24).

Dorten

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: November 11, 2010, 04:24:43 am »

And so I cry!  :'(

Edit: Yay! First full win! And got me a whole lot of badges. Been promoted to Warrant Officer!

Note to self: never ever again mod plasma rifle with more than one power mod in a AoMC game! It starts knocking enemies back, and from line of fire  ???!
Had to switch to unmodded one because of this...

Also: AoMC is easier than it seems.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 04:40:44 am by Dorten »
Cacodemon 2nd Leutenant

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: November 11, 2010, 04:46:32 am »

Note to self: never ever again mod plasma rifle with more than one power mod in a AoMC game! It starts knocking enemies back, and from line of fire  ???!
Yeah, that's kinda bad. I was wondering why my Rifle was knocking the Arch-Viles and other enemies in the Mortuary back squares when it hit them, thanks for telling me. Also, if Plasma rifles get strong enough you can actually blast walls away with a Rifle, which is nice since you don't have to carry around a rocket/missile launcher just to destroy walls.

Dorten

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: November 11, 2010, 04:48:36 am »

Yeah, that was cool. Plasma with one power mod was knocking walls down with two chainshots, and plasma with two mods knocked walls down with a single chainshot  :o

Unmodded one couldn'd drop the wall strangely enough.
Cacodemon 2nd Leutenant

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: November 11, 2010, 05:11:50 am »

The reason must be that there's a critical point at which a wall will start being damaged by plasma. Hmmm, I'll use your discoveries since I'm not playing right now.

Normal Plasma Rifles on AoMC with two levels of TH on max chainfire with 3 levels of SoB deal 7x9+27=90 damage.

Power modded Plasma Rifles on AoMC with two levels of TH on second chainfire with 3 levels of SoB deal 8x8+24=88 damage.

Twice power modded Plasma Rifles on AoMC with two levels of TH on first chainfire with 3 levels of SoB deal 9x7+21=85 damage.

...Wait a second, that can't be right, something's strange here...

...Anyone got any ideas?

Dorten

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: November 11, 2010, 05:50:11 am »

I only used normal fire for walls. 2TH and 3 SoB.

No Power: (7+3)x(5+2)=70 damage.
One Power: (8+3)x(5+2)=77 damage.
Two Power: (9+3)x(5+2)=84 damage.

so... Now we think  :-\...

My guess: 10 damage reduction (or maybe 20, since that's plasma) and ~10 'hitpoints'?

Edit: How anyone is supposed to play AoB...  :'(
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 11:57:39 pm by Dorten »
Cacodemon 2nd Leutenant
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 102