Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

After experimenting with the options, how is 40d13? Problems only count if the defaults don't work.

Faster than 40d, no problems
- 42 (26.1%)
Faster than 40d, problems
- 72 (44.7%)
No slower than 40d, no problems
- 14 (8.7%)
No slower than 40d, problems
- 16 (9.9%)
Slower than 40d, no problems
- 2 (1.2%)
Slower than 40d, problems
- 3 (1.9%)
Doesn't work (please explain)
- 12 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 160

Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 147

Author Topic: FotF: Help test the output code for the next version of DF (40d13)  (Read 373251 times)

bhelyer

• Bay Watcher
  • The kart iz not movink!
    • View Profile

So I only just got the internet back after about two weeks:

My God, Baughn, you're awesome! I mean, I considered the 'change grid-size with a resizable window' thing when I was first porting the code, but I filed it in the 'too hard' basket, and you actually did it, and more. Kudos, and enjoy your holiday.

And you also found the correct fix (instead of my 'kill it with a sledgehammer' approach) to that dialogue bug. Very nice.

So now I have a version of DF with the icon loading code in it, I need a nice window icon. I could extract the little miner from the windows 40d executable, but does anyone know of a nice bigger image that is still distinct at small sizes that would look good?

---

I like xmonad, but some windows just don't behave well with tiling managers. I also like my GNOME apps (most apps I use are GTK+) to not look like total ass (well, anymore than usual).

Toksyuryel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I generally bounce between fluxbox and e17, depending on how lazy I'm feeling.

I've been having issues with the zoom getting stuck at the furthest zoom level, and it disabling keyboard input at that point. This was with HEAD installed.

brainfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As far as icons go, I've been using the non-text version of http://linkdragon.deviantart.com/art/Dwarf-Fortress-Icon-113316213 for my aforementioned button, which seems to be pretty okay at smaller sizes.

My d12-head as of a few days ago ish was doing some weird stuff after I accidentally clicked my fourth button, including flickering when moving the mouse over the display and input hitching up for a few seconds. I didn't really do any serious testing of it though, I will if it's still around in a few versions, or if I get really bored.

I'm using fluxbox on my laptop, and xfce on my desktop. I'm really happy with both of them, although xfce could afford to load a little faster I think. And hey, GTK looks really fancy if you're doin it right >:(
You can allow or stop your dwarves from eating these mushrooms, but it's entirely optional and doesn't turn Dwarf Fortress into Dwarf hookah-smoking pad.

bhelyer

• Bay Watcher
  • The kart iz not movink!
    • View Profile

I'm using fluxbox on my laptop, and xfce on my desktop. I'm really happy with both of them, although xfce could afford to load a little faster I think. And hey, GTK looks really fancy if you're doin it right >:(

That was mostly tongue in cheek. Mostly. :P

Dr. Melon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Adventure Mode does not react to any input at all. Please fix this glaring bug.

Lando242

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Adventure Mode does not react to any input at all. Please fix this glaring bug.

Your post is reporting a bug that has already been reported 3 times before in this very thread! Please correct this glaring oversight.

vins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arf, I was going to report this bug
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 07:03:01 am by vins »

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile

I would have expected that such a bug would be found before sharing it.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

haradan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I'm using an ubuntu linux distro called easy peasy, and I've got the game working natively except that when I change to a different window and back again,  the graphics become very strange looking so that I can't actually see anything. It's mostly blocks of brown. Any help?

EDIT: It seems to fix itself if you change to full screen or out of full screen. Still a bug though.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 03:51:09 pm by haradan »

Dr. Melon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I noticed that too. I keep getting blocks of brown, in Linux that is, even when I'm just doing simple things like generating a world.

Toksyuryel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It might be a driver issue, because I'm not having this problem.

Dr. Melon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also may be distribution version or hardware issues.

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile

We're not drawing blocks of brown, honest. Could you take a screenshot? Or photo, maybe?
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Desktop Effects/Compiz enabled?
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

Found something... When I "space out" of a workshop sub-menu, I completely exit the entire menu. Don't know if it's been mentioned before, or if I misplaced the key-settings, or if my memory is just bad:

To specify: Press 'q', in workshop I 'a'dd a task, and then go to 'r'ock items, but change my mind and press space to go back to the main list, I completely exit the entire 'q' workshop menu. I seem to remember this wasn't the case before...

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 147