Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

After experimenting with the options, how is 40d13? Problems only count if the defaults don't work.

Faster than 40d, no problems
- 42 (26.1%)
Faster than 40d, problems
- 72 (44.7%)
No slower than 40d, no problems
- 14 (8.7%)
No slower than 40d, problems
- 16 (9.9%)
Slower than 40d, no problems
- 2 (1.2%)
Slower than 40d, problems
- 3 (1.9%)
Doesn't work (please explain)
- 12 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 160

Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 147

Author Topic: FotF: Help test the output code for the next version of DF (40d13)  (Read 373253 times)

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think I asked this a few pages ago, but it went unanswered.  Sorry for the repost:

How does one use this macro designation feature I hear being discussed?  I can't find it, nor any documentation related to it.  Am I blind, or is it a very stealthy feature?
I think they are talking about keyboard macros.  Through a separate program and/or hardware.  I'm pretty sure there's no built in macro support.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Toksyuryel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think I asked this a few pages ago, but it went unanswered.  Sorry for the repost:

How does one use this macro designation feature I hear being discussed?  I can't find it, nor any documentation related to it.  Am I blind, or is it a very stealthy feature?
Go to key bindings from the esc menu and press shift+tab. Have fun :)

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Go to key bindings from the esc menu and press shift+tab. Have fun :)
Oh, cool.  I don't know what I did though.  I can't figure out how to turn off the macro.  I made what I thought was a simple macro: select, move down 2, move right 2, select.  I saved it and exited back out to have it flash macro on the bottom of the screen and all hell broke loose on my map.  It was designating huge blocks and I couldn't turn it off. :p  (this was in the windows version and I'm nost sure that the add key functionality was all about, but that might have been what screwed me over.)
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Organ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you for the detailed report.  I thought I was being a little too agressive by checking both scan codes and converted unicode values.  It is very easy to have it not look at the scan code when the unicode value is available, and that will fix the problem you are seeing.
Awesome. You guys are really on top of things, thanks for everything.
The fight in the dog in your what?

Appelgren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Adventure mode doesn't work for me in d12. Just freezes totally as soon as it starts.

finesse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, cool.  I don't know what I did though.  I can't figure out how to turn off the macro.  I made what I thought was a simple macro: select, move down 2, move right 2, select.  I saved it and exited back out to have it flash macro on the bottom of the screen and all hell broke loose on my map.  It was designating huge blocks and I couldn't turn it off. :p  (this was in the windows version and I'm nost sure that the add key functionality was all about, but that might have been what screwed me over.)

Confirmed, it seems that if you try to reassign the original keybinding it sets the trigger for the macro to, literally, any key.. thus the macro escape key (esc) also triggers it again :p
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 10:24:23 am by finesse »

Savok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

40d12 doesn't seem to accept the numpad. Other than that, it's great.
So sayeth the Wiki Loremaster!

kutulu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can I just beg, once more, for whomever packages this up to rename the "df" startup script to anything other than "df"?  That's the name of a standard UNIX utility to show free disk space.

Toksyuryel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can I just beg, once more, for whomever packages this up to rename the "df" startup script to anything other than "df"?  That's the name of a standard UNIX utility to show free disk space.
"dwarves" would be a good name, I think. I am not sure why there needs to be a startup script anyway... whatever it's doing should go in the actual binary, which can be named simply "dwarves" (we don't use ".exe" for executables in the *nix world). If there must be a startup script, then name it "dwarves" and just lop the .exe bit off of "dwarfort.exe".

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile

Well, no. Look at what it actually does, and you'll see that, nope, it can't go in the executable.
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

kutulu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"dwarves" would be a good name, I think. I am not sure why there needs to be a startup script anyway... whatever it's doing should go in the actual binary, which can be named simply "dwarves" (we don't use ".exe" for executables in the *nix world). If there must be a startup script, then name it "dwarves" and just lop the .exe bit off of "dwarfort.exe".

The startup script, at least for now, is still required for the same reason firefox has one.  There are custom libraries in a custom ld.so path that need to get loaded.  And I have no problem running an executable called dwarfort.exe if that makes Toady's life easier in any way.  I just growl at myself every time I go to play dwarf fortress and get reminded how little free space i have left on my HD. :\

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why not just dwarf?  Why does it have to be all complicated? :p

jarathor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd also like to confirm that adventure mode completely doesn't work - I don't know if it just isn't accepting keyboard input or if it actually freezes, but there ya go. Other than that though, this is amazing - I've always wanted to be able to resize that window!

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile

There should be nothing in our code that cares whether it's running in dwarf or fortress mode. Confirmed, yes, but I've got no clue what's going on.

Hm. That CPU use is suspicious, though.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 04:51:16 pm by Baughn »
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

Rivaryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any idea yet why 40d12 is slower than 40d5 based on my post from yesterday?
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 147