Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

After experimenting with the options, how is 40d13? Problems only count if the defaults don't work.

Faster than 40d, no problems
- 42 (26.1%)
Faster than 40d, problems
- 72 (44.7%)
No slower than 40d, no problems
- 14 (8.7%)
No slower than 40d, problems
- 16 (9.9%)
Slower than 40d, no problems
- 2 (1.2%)
Slower than 40d, problems
- 3 (1.9%)
Doesn't work (please explain)
- 12 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 160

Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 147

Author Topic: FotF: Help test the output code for the next version of DF (40d13)  (Read 373350 times)

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile

Zoom back out?

Ideally there'd be a hotkey. For the moment, I've arranged things so it'll pause for a bit on the 1:1 zoom level, so there you go.
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That thing linux only?
!!&!!

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile

Yes, until 40d12.

Meanwhile, learn to love linux.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile

how much longer must we wait until d12?
is d12 taking away from toady's time for the next release?
and if so how much time?

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile

I have no idea how long. Most of the code that differs between d11 and d12 was not written by me; ask Veroule.

As for it taking time.. well, a little. But most of it is time Toady would have had to take at some point to get this code into the next real version, and I'd like to think it's time well spent.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com

I'm working on it now, though I'm running on fumes a bit.  Most of the issues, mostly resolved, were some pervasive old vestiges that needed to be cleared out for the new input patch.  I'm compiling that in windows now, and if that vaguely checks out, I'm going to put in the zoom/resize patch, check that, mess with the new keybindings screen a bit, and then it should be all good.  That's the optimistic estimate, but there's no reason it shouldn't be out today unless I fall asleep.  Figure the mount stuff can wait a little bit, since we'll just keep piling patches at the rate I work on it.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Veroule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Good to hear it went in mostly well.  I was running on fumes when I finished working on it.  A couple days of relaxing play starting a new fortress fixed me right up.

I am taking a look at Baughn's zoom code now.
"Please, spare us additional torture; and just euthanise yourselves."
Delivered by Tim Curry of Clue as a parody of the lead ass from American Idol in the show Psych.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile

I couldn't find the spot where it merged since I think it might have died, so I just stuffed it in below the mouse up/down part for now.  The release compile on windows is finished, and we can sort it out and whatever else needs sorting for 13.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

so D12 is out?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile

Nah, the windows compile is finished.  I still have to do the linux/mac ones, but my browser is acting up so I can't reboot into the other partition yet.  Should be up in a few hours or something like that.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile

The linux compile is a no-go, so we'll be delayed until there's further communication on the errors there.  I've sent off an email.

KilgoreTrout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Post the windows version, Toady my man D:. I want to zoom and see things on this small screen finally.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

While he could do that, he'd have to recompile it and re-release it all over again as soon as the issues with the other versions are fixed.
!!&!!

KilgoreTrout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can't hear you, grinding my mouse wheel into dust with anticipation.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

While he could do that, he'd have to recompile it and re-release it all over again as soon as the issues with the other versions are fixed.
shut up! come on, the majority of computer users run windows. therefore the majority of people who play dwarf fortress also use windows(since it is completely compatible with windows) and linux. the other versions are probably going to come out soon enough anyways
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 147